Biotest

Old Man Is Back for Round Deux!

Ok folks. I did this back in July of last year and had good results, took myself to exactly where I wanted to go and having achieved some success, I slacked. I was doing so well I got a bit on the cocky side and decided I could go back to just a “couple” bad habits and still survive.
WRONG PIZZA BREATH.

Anyway…I was considering another go round and a fellow V-Dieter, Kristen, came back on board the same day I was getting my mind right to do it, again.
She needs help, support her. I haven’t fallen too far off the wagon and am starting about where I was when I finished first time…but I did so much better on the transition and I have gained that part back. Although I kept lying to myself about it, don’t we all.

I’ll get the starting numbers up tomorrow as I started Monday. The last time I could not tolerate the HOT-ROX, mitral valve issues. I thought I would be a glutton for punishment and try them again. I can make them work. The throat burning is annoying as all get out though. I haven’t noticed the jitters like last time?? Odd.

This program does work. It is intense and I look forward to the challenge again. I like the 3.0 workouts and will follow them closely. at 51 years old I know what I can and cannot do, and will try to do things I can’t, to get out of my comfortable little world.

Good luck to all and keep pushing yourselves and others around you!!

Cool. Keep us posted.

BTW, if you can’t use HR due to medical issues, a good sub is Carbolin 19 or Se7en.

Welcome back Goat Man.

Good for you, GMan…it’s hard to come back and admit that we’ve slacked. But you DID come back. I’m in it with you, buddy!

why, why, why do “we” stop doing what we know to do? This is day three. Just got off the treadmill doing my morning NEPA and I feel absolutely incredible. Alert, motivated and ready to rumble. I love to sleep in, love it, not a morning person at all. I can get up uber early to hunt turkeys or go bass fishing, but workout…it is an all out effort and argument with myself.

No arguing now, I have to recall this feeling every day. This time around will be better than the first one. I know what to expect and know how to overcome the angst moments that may arise. No doubts in my mind about this. Thanks Kristen for the nudge!!!
Ya all have a great day!

Yeah, I know what you mean about this time being better than the first. Granted, I’ve been sick for 2 of my 4 days, but I feel much better today, and I’m actually looking forward to my workout tonight.

I like that I know what to expect this time, and looking back at the first run, I can see areas that I didn’t push myself quite as hard as I could have. I’ve got the will, and the knowledge on my side this time!

Thanks for trying to give me credit, GMan, but this is all you. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I’m glad you’re here…

Running a bit behind in this but better late than never…or is it better, never late?

beginning stats:
Age 51
Height 5’10"
weight 205
Neck 15.75
Shoulders 51
Chest 40
Upper Ab 38.25
Gut 41.75
Waist 38
Butt 43.5
Thigh 24.75
Calf 15.75
ankle 8
arm 13.75

Basically I am where I was when I ended my 1st V-Diet. Sounds good? Not so much. I pressed on after and got my gut down to 39.25 and waist to 36.75. I weighed 192 at my lowest point…got down to 189 when I had a bout with the flu but that don’t count so much…just fun to see that on the scale.
My favorite thing about this diet is the immediate results. Today I am ending my 3rd day and can feel smaller, less bloated and more in tune with life. I got plenty of stressors but they aren’t as major as my health is.
I’ll be watching you guys and pushing when i need to. This is a huge group of folks on the diet…must be getting ready for swimsuit season eh?

work hard!!

Hey GMan…it must feel good to know that you are starting from your V-Diet end…I’m starting from my Pre-V plus a few. I know that I can do as well, if not better this time around, but oh, am I envious that I didn’t catch myself sooner. Blah.

It’s funny, I was thinking just the opposite this morning about this having ‘immediate’ results. Yes, after a couple of days, I do feel better, but I want the BIG number, the BIG finale. I almost tempted to not weigh or measure myself 'til the end. Make it a game of steady applied pressure, and a lot a patience.

But…in the end, I’ll be too darned excited to see what’s what after only a week.

And you’re right–when we did this last year, we were already into bikini season. I bought 2 on sale after the summer was over (at your suggestion!)

Today is Friday and that means its day 5. Smooth sailing so far…yesterday was a screw up though. I left the house at 4:00am to turkey hunt and forgot my shake. Oops.

Stayed in the woods until about 1:00. Serious amounts of NEPA hill walking and field walking etc. Got home around 2:00 and had to mow before the rain hit, again. After that had to run a couple major errands and finally settled into the house about 4:00. I realized then I had yet to drink a shake. Nothing cept a diet Dew and water.

I made a triple scooper with extra ice and in a bigger mixer and had at it. Went to bed early as I was spent.
Up this morning for my 45 minute treadmill walk and did really well until I hit a wall at about the 35th minute. I guess I was truly on an empty tank, nothing but a HOT-ROX kept me going but I made it.
Feel great right now and have felt real good the whole week.

Press on fellow VD’s!!! Workout is tonite and tomorrow is the anticipated first run of the VBurn.

out for now.

Rock on GMan…you’re pushing me more than you know!

Saturday is just another day for me. Always work on Saturdays, such is life. The rain here has been awful, western Ky, and it just keeps pouring. Tomorrow is weigh and measure and I look forward to it. I know the scale and tape will be kind to me. Why?
Done the work, kept the faith and drank my shakes. Easy formula that simply works.
Plus my clothes are a bit looser…not major but looser. Ya know…I hate planks.
I hated em last time and for some reason that just hasn’t gotten any better. But I like the shakes and enjoy the NEPA walks and the lifting. The discipline of it is up to me and the ease of it just makes sense.

I’m really hoping that by the middle of June I can be in the lower 180’s. Last time I couldn’t wait to see 190’s, actually took a picture of the scale at 199.2!! I bought some pants awhile back as a goal pair. They are hanging in my bedroom as a reminder of what I’d like to fit into and an Under Armour polo shirt too. At 51 years old I’d rather look good dressed than naked. Been married almost 32 years and still get laid often so impressing someone with my natural self is not 100% necessary…is that too much information?

Hey…ya all have a good day and keep going.
It’s day 6 here, Mothers Day HSM tomorrow and we’re grilling turkey and veggies.

keep at it!! Never give up.

Good for you GMan…you’re right: do the work, keep the faith and shake, shake, shake! I like the routine of the V-Diet. It totally eliminates the need to ‘choose’ anything bad. I just do what’s written. And I do know first hand that it works. I’m still bummed that I’m starting out even bigger than last time, but I too, have a pair of goal pants–and I WILL get into them, regardless of where I’ve started!

Wow. I did my VBurn yesterday…I am doing the beginners sets, I seem to be the only one doing them. Still a tough nut to crack and I am one sore puppy this morning. Made it in 25:40 and a dripping wet mess on the floor. I laughed at one point hoping I wasn’t being scored by the panel of judges on form…judges scores? 1.5, 1.5 and a 2.

I’ll post my measurements a bit later as there were some changes for the week. A tad disappointing but I’ve accepted them and move on to week two. I did drop 5.2lbs
which put me at an even 200.0 so the next trip will be a front number change. Goal is to be in the 180’s and a gut measurement back in the 30’s. Overall feel good and yesterdays filet and veggies filled the bill.

Have agreat day and week to everyone on board!!

[quote]69GoatMan wrote:
Wow. I did my VBurn yesterday…I am doing the beginners sets, I seem to be the only one doing them. Still a tough nut to crack and I am one sore puppy this morning. Made it in 25:40 and a dripping wet mess on the floor. I laughed at one point hoping I wasn’t being scored by the panel of judges on form…judges scores? 1.5, 1.5 and a 2.

I’ll post my measurements a bit later as there were some changes for the week. A tad disappointing but I’ve accepted them and move on to week two. I did drop 5.2lbs
which put me at an even 200.0 so the next trip will be a front number change. Goal is to be in the 180’s and a gut measurement back in the 30’s. Overall feel good and yesterdays filet and veggies filled the bill.

Have agreat day and week to everyone on board!![/quote]

Hi there - IMO V-Burn hurts regardless of whether is the beg, int or adv! and on the judges scoring…just pay off the French judge and it’s in the bag…oh, but this is not figure skating.

Nice work on losing 5.2 pounds! and hopefully the rain you ar getting will travel west. We RARELY get any rain (and could use some).

Ok, as promised here are the week one results.

beginning stats:
Age 51 (still 51)
Height 5’10" (ditto)
weight 205.2 - 200.0 (5.2lb)
Neck 15.75 - 15.75
Shoulders 51 ??? 49??
Chest 40 - 40
Upper Ab 38.25 -37.75
Gut 41.75 - 41
Waist 38 - 37.5
Butt 43.5 - 43
Thigh 24.75 - 24.5
Calf 15.75 - 15.5
ankle 8 - 8
arm 13.75 - 13.75

so not anything amazing, but 5.2lbs and a few inches. Mostly just staying the course and getting psyched for the week two slowdown and will try to be different and not slow down so much, but I haven’t read
alot of complaints about that so maybe these new program changes are helping with that. Lots of folks doing the VDiet right now and I hope everyone hangs in there and nobody gets lost in the shuffle.

EVERYONE>>>HEY>>>keep at it!!!

Lat year I did this and don’t recall the soreness that I feel after the VBurn episode on Sunday. Nice to know I’ve got muscles being used I haven’t used for awhile. My younger brother was encouraged by me, last year, and did the diet too.
When he saw me after the end of my transition he was amazed at the difference.

He was very successful too. He has a close friend you might have heard of, Chad Waterbury. The went to school togther etc etc. When bro asked me what the major differences were with the 3.0 program I commented that Chad was a bit psycho on these VBurns. But what an excellent way to measure progress and for motivation.

Still feeling a bit tender in the chest and thighs too,a constant reminder of what I am trying to achieve and how I need to improve to reach my goals. The hunger issues will pass as will the soreness. Use them for motivation not for excuses to quit.
It’s a diet. There will be hunger. It’s an exercise program there will be effort, sweat and pain. Accept it and move on.

It’s day 9 here in Western Ky. Sun is out.
As Ron White’s dog would say…gonna be a good day Tater.

[quote]69GoatMan wrote:
so not anything amazing, but 5.2lbs and a few inches.

[quote]
I’d be happy with that! You might not think it’s that amazing, but it’s better than nothing! Imagine how you would feel if there was no change?!

well done though :slight_smile:

Hey Hey G!

I did the V-Burn on Saturday, and it liked to kill me.

First of all, I’m doing the Intermediate workouts, including the V-Challenge. Yeah…sweat was POURING off me. It was gross, really. And it took me 63 freakin’ minutes to finish, but I finished! I don’t know how much time I took to doctor the fat lip I gave one of my daughters…maybe 10? I only know when I started and ended.

I was reviewing the exercises today, and realized the for the Reverse Lunges, I actually did 10 reps each leg, for 6 sets…not 5 reps. Duh. No wonder I’m still feeling wobbly in the legs.

Next week, I’ll go it alone–the girls are better off not seeing their mother approacing a heart-attack, or getting kicked in the face on a move. I’m BOUND to get through it quicker that way alone!

But like you, I’m motivated by the muscle soreness, and inspired by the tape measure. I lost more 'round the middle this time than last. I’d love to have less of an apple shape, and maybe this time it’ll happen!

Keep on keeping on, GMan!

Hope you’re doing better than I’ve been…you are truly an inspiration to me.

I’m here and doing well for the most part.
I struggled earlier in the week as something got a hold of me and it wasn’t pretty. Guess I had some allergy or something or other. My son commented while we were fishing Sunday afternoon I needed to take my watch off as it looked liked it was cutting off my circulation. Sure enough
I was bloated like a tick.

Woke up Monday with a major headache/pressure and sore throat. Gained 4lb!! by Tuesday. Yikes. Took some benadryl and such and it has about all gone away. Frustrating week in that respect. Workouts are going well, I noticed last night they were becoming “easier” to get thru. They didn’t seem to be lasting forever as I struggled along. Tomorrow is VBurn day and we’ll see how that goes vs last week.

I also weigh and measure tomorrow. I’ve had one really rough spot on the food agenda. Yesterday afternoon was an “omg I need to eat something” day. I was able to put it off with lots of walking away from my desk and then finally made it home to the treadmill and the weights.

I work for a Chrysler dealership and we’ve been kinda rung out for the past couple weeks with all this bankruptcy stuff. We made the “cut” and aren’t closing but business is slow. Creates a stressful workplace and we are normally a pretty good place to be. Glad that part of it is over.

got a couple more weeks here and then another couple for the transition back. I have a pair of “goal” pants hanging in my bedroom. Got em on today and buttoned…almost there, but not quite.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.