Biotest

Ok to mix SWF and Plazma?

Is it ok to mix Surge Workout Fuel and Plazma together?

I’m going to begin Built for Bad and in the interest of saving a few dollars instead of having three servings of Plazma I’m thinking of going with two servings of Plazma and one serving of SWF. My plan is to take one serving of Plazma about 15-20 minutes before the workout and then mix one serving of Plazma with one serving of SWF in a 1L nalgene to drink during training.

Is this ok? Or does mixing Plazma with SWF mess with the formulas? I know Chris has mentioned (often) that ingredients do not need to be added into Plazma and MAG-10 due to their precise formulations, but I wasn’t sure if it was ok to mix them together. Thanks.

[quote]Phadrues wrote:
Is it ok to mix Surge Workout Fuel and Plazma together?

I’m going to begin Built for Bad and in the interest of saving a few dollars instead of having three servings of Plazma I’m thinking of going with two servings of Plazma and one serving of SWF. My plan is to take one serving of Plazma about 15-20 minutes before the workout and then mix one serving of Plazma with one serving of SWF in a 1L nalgene to drink during training. Is this ok? Or does mixing Plazma with SWF mess with the formulas? I know Chris has mentioned (often) that ingredients do not need to be added into Plazma and Mag-10 due to their precise formulations, but I wasn’t sure if it was ok to mix them together. Thanks.[/quote]

Some of my Crossfit athletes do something like this. But we do not mix both products in the same bottle. They will take PLAZMA pre-workout and then use WORKOUT FUEL during the workout.

Over the course of time, I’ve tried all kinds of permutations and combinations of the several Biotest workout products, because of wanting to know what happens. While most of them offered no real advantage at all over just following the directions of a single product, not one combination ever had me sorry I did it.

It’s something you can experiment with freely if you wish. The most efficient approach the great majority of the time, though, instead will be to pick the one product most suiting what one is doing, and follow its directions. If wanting to combine, usually the best general approach for me has been to combine in the general way CT is saying: at one time use one product as it’s intended, and then at another phase of the workout period use the other as it’s intended.

Before Plazma there was a lot of combination involved in tailoring to situations. With Plazma that became unnecessary or even suboptimal.