Now for the nitty gritty timing for a noon workout session
10:30 Indigo 6 caps
11:00 Micro-PA 6 caps and Flameout 4 gels
11:45 Plazma 1 serving 65g in 500ml water
12:00-2:00 workout - Plazma 130g in 1000ml water
3:00 MAG-10 1 serving in 500ml water
4:00 MAG-10 1 serving in 500ml water
Brain Candy when needed

Do I still eat a breakfast? if so when and what?
my usual has been 4-5 eggs, 1/3 cup oats, 1 toast at 10:30

And for lunch? when and what?
my usual has been grilled meat, 1 cup of rice, large greens around 3
I’m probably eating the wrong stuff and at the wrong time

For non-workout days follow the same schedule just without the Plazma?

And last, Plazma 3 servings I saw I can mix in 1800ml…just split the
servings into 600ml…and for the MAG-10 make 2 servings in 1000ml and split it 500ml at a time…sound good?

I have a hard time with nutrition and timing to workouts…any pointers are good

[quote]dto5300 wrote:
Now for the nitty gritty timing for a noon workout session
10:30 Indigo 6 caps
11:00 Micro-PA 6 caps and Flameout 4 gels
11:45 Plazma 1 serving 65g in 500ml water
12:00-2:00 workout - Plazma 130g in 1000ml water
3:00 MAG-10 1 serving in 500ml water
4:00 MAG-10 1 serving in 500ml water
Brain Candy when needed

Do I still eat a breakfast? if so when and what?
my usual has been 4-5 eggs, 1/3 cup oats, 1 toast at 10:30

And for lunch? when and what?
my usual has been grilled meat, 1 cup of rice, large greens around 3
I’m probably eating the wrong stuff and at the wrong time

For non-workout days follow the same schedule just without the Plazma?

And last, Plazma 3 servings I saw I can mix in 1800ml…just split the
servings into 600ml…and for the MAG-10 make 2 servings in 1000ml and split it 500ml at a time…sound good?

I have a hard time with nutrition and timing to workouts…any pointers are good[/quote]

1. Where are you currently “at” - i.e. body fat %, strength levels, training age, etc

2. What are your “goals” - i.e. You want to get stronger overall or in specific lifts, you want to add LBM, you want to lose weight, etc

3. What is your current training program look like?

With that info, planning nutrition can be done in an intelligent way that compliments your goals.

1. Where are you currently “at” - i.e. body fat %, strength levels, training age, etc

38y/o 25%BF
    515 deadlift, 425 back squat, 250 strict press
    310 clean and Jerk, 230 Snatch

2. What are your “goals” - i.e. You want to get stronger overall or in specific lifts, you want to add LBM, you want to lose weight, etc

Goal is to lose weight and get stronger overall

3. What is your current training program look like?

Crossfit

With that info, planning nutrition can be done in an intelligent way that compliments your goals.

What is your current height/weight and how many crossfit workouts do you do a week?

1. Read this: https://www.T-Nation.com/diet-fat-loss/simple-diet-for-athletes

So often we just focus on macros that sometimes we need a reminder of the obvious stuff.

1. Unless you are a competitive athlete (sports/powerlifting/bodybuilding/figure comps/crossfit competitions/etc), I’m a big believer in keeping things simple, at least at first when starting to diet and especially when possibly making substantial changes to your diet.

Another great CS article with Roussell: https://www.T-Nation.com/diet-fat-loss/one-hundred-gram-carb-cure

You don’t need to go on a keto diet, but I am a big advocate of 1) lowER carb diets and 2) carb timing. For example, if you have a sedentary job (like me where you sit at a desk all day), then you don’t need to fuel your body all day with tons of carbs because then your body will simply store them as fat rather than use them as immediate energy.

1. Use the right supplements (which you already listed you are! Awesome!)

I am eating for fat loss myself, and right now I keep my protein high, fats moderate, and carbs low throughout the day EXCEPT around my workout. I know one of the big negatives of lower carb diets is that you feel like you have no energy in the gym, but if you focus your carb intake around your workout you won’t have that problem. A fantastic solution to that would Surge Workout Fuel or Plazma (which I see you got!). I had great success with “experimenting” with pre/intra Surge Recovery while eating less than 70g of carbs a day and yesterday was my first workout with Plaza and I had a ton of energy that was sustained throughout my workout (which was pretty crazy considering I had give or take under 25-30g of carbs up until my 4 PM workout).

1. Tweak as necessary.

If you want to keep it simple the entire way, get your 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight in daily, keep carbs under 100g, and keep an eye on excessive and especially unhealthy fats. If you want to tweak things even further, then you count calories. Lots of opinions on this, but you could always start with 15xbodyweight and workout your way down to 14xBW the next week, etc, until you reached a good area where you aren’t drained but are still losing fat. I would however recommend you do NOT go below 10x since you aren’t lean to begin with, but realistically at your BF% I’d keep the range somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 and go from there depending on your levels of activity.

EDIT

I also forgot, while at your BF% you can definitely still gain some strength while losing fat, you really just want to “focus” on the fat loss, ESPECIALLY the leaner you get. Splitting your goals is never a good idea, instead focus on one goal per cycle.

To answer your specific questions I missed, here are some general guidelines:

1. ALWAYS eat breakfast. It will help you with your appetite throughout the day and you’re in a catabolic state from not eating after all that sleep. I’d recommend eating as soon as soon as possible. If you don’t got the time or are rushing out the door, try a casein protein powder shake. My favorite is casein + BCAA’s + flavoring calories permitted/if needed.
  2. In general, you don’t have to be perfect, but focus on eating clean. For example, at the end of the day ask yourself: Did I get in enough lean protein? Did I keep my fats in check and were they from good sources like eggs and avocados? Did I keep my carbs low and did I get them from good sources like oats and sweet potatoes? Did I eat enough green veggies and fiber?