Biotest

Nutrition Newbie: Cheese, Corn, Pork?

This might be a stupid question, but there are a few foods I wondered about, and what role they should take in a healthy lifestyle:

Cheese, Corn, and Pork.

Should these foods be avoided altogether? Used in moderation (if so, how much is moderate, and what kinds should I buy?) or are they “ok” to have as a normal part of the diet?

Thanks guys!

My opinion ( I am sure Chris will chime in btw ), corn is a grain so I dont include it in my diet - that meanp popcorn too. Pork is great, I love me some bacon and chops. Cheese I definetly eat, usually top my stir fry with Parm cheese, if I feel like have a chunk of cheddar than I have one— but I cut 1 serving off and put the block of cheese back in the fridge. Now I don’t get carried away with any of it, the only I consume to excess is veggies. As wiht most things it just depends on what your goals are right now.

[quote]hankinstien wrote:
This might be a stupid question, but there are a few foods I wondered about, and what role they should take in a healthy lifestyle:

Cheese, Corn, and Pork.

Should these foods be avoided altogether? Used in moderation (if so, how much is moderate, and what kinds should I buy?) or are they “ok” to have as a normal part of the diet?

Thanks guys![/quote]

1. Cheese: Because of the way it’s made, cheese has few of the body-wrecking properties of milk. It’s low carb / low sugar for example, plus it’s filling, unlike sugary, carby milk. Now, cheese can be calorically dense, so you do have to keep things in control. Although I’m not afraid of most dietary fats, I will use a fat-free cheese or lower fat cheese in recipes. So, in short, cheese is “okay.”

2. Corn: The hardcore Paleo types will point out that corn is a grain, and grains are bad. I agree for the most part, but I wouldn’t turn down a nice piece of grilled corn on the cob. Corn flour, etc? Sure, avoid it.

And I always think like this: how many fat people got that way from whole corn? Not too many. So maybe it’s not a perfect food, but I don’t think it needs to be avoided all the time, especially in a very natural state i.e. off the cob.

1. Lean pork is fine. Pork got a bad rap 50 years ago for being “unclean.” But these days it’s a-ok. No worries.

Marinated pork tenderloin is phenominal

[quote]u r bunk wrote:
Marinated pork tenderloin is phenominal[/quote]

Seconded.

Also don’t forget smoked pork shoulder or butt is awesome.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.