Biotest

Nschneid's Thrilling V-Diet Log

28 yrs old, 218 as of Sunday, March 22nd, looking to get down under 200 for the first time since college.

Looking at pictures last night, I don’t think I’ll have a 6-pack at that weight, but it will be a significant accomplishment nonethless.

Sunday wasn’t bad. Ate my food and went for an hour walk.

Monday: lessons learned:

1. Do not refrigerate Metabolic Drive. It gels and tastes like complete dog doo doo, especially if the bubbles are still in there. There should be no reason to refrigerate since there’s no milk or anything. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Workout:
Front Squats: 185, 5, 5, 5, 5 (I think I need to add weight… It was hard on the shoulders but fairly easy on the legs. I don’t do these regularly and the weight was a guess)

Pull-ups: Added 25 lbs to me, 5, 5, 3, 3, 2, 2 (looks ok)

D.B. Bench: 100’s, 5, 5, 5, 5 (I think I need to add weight)

Ab rollouts: from the knees, 5, 3, 4, 2, 2, 4 (ab training kicks my ass and I never do it… I’m sure there’s a relationship in there somewhere)

Feedback and attaboys would be greatly appreciated. Pics will be added when I get home and crop out my tidy whities. No one wants to see that.

Edit: I haven’t received my L-Leucine or HOT-ROX in the giant shipment of stuff I’m expecting on Wednesday, but I decided to start yesterday anyway. I had everything else at home already.

Measurements:
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 218
Neck: 16.75"
Shoulders: 51.75" around
Chest, upper: 43"
Chest, lower: 39.50"
Waist, navel/largest: 39.125"
Hips: 42.625"
R. Arm: 13.375"
L. Arm: 13.875"
R. Leg Upper: 28"
L. Leg upper: 28.125"
R. Leg Lower: 16"
L. Leg Lower: 16"
R. Ankle: 9
L. Ankle: 9

Side

front

back

Wow… it’ll be a while before I go to the pool again.

Looking forward to Wednesday’s workout.

How’s the diet treating you? I started today :slight_smile:

Momma’s cooking was pretty bland growing up, so I can handle about anything going down, but I think I need to add more water to the Metabolic Drive… I’ve gagged about 3 times trying to get it down.

As far as energy/hunger/fullness, I feel just fine on it, always full and not really deprived at all, and plenty of energy.

Last night I couldn’t go to sleep… I felt like the nut butter/drive shake was ramping up my metabolism… heart was beating faster than normal and I couldn’t relax. I’m going to eat it sooner tonight so maybe it goes away a little before bedtime.

Yeah, I usually have mine around 7 or 8, depending on when I lift and haven’t had much trouble sleeping.

Hey nscheid grats on getting started on the vdiet. If you follow it right, and based on others who have similar builds as you before they started, you’ll be hot stuff just in the nick of time for that pool.

I make it as thin as possible, otherwise I gag like you. Especially when the flax is in it. I make it thin and I use hot water (not boiling just heated in the microwave about 2 minutes). Most people dont like it hot because the powder gets all chunky but I never have that problem as long as I use a blender instead of a spoon to stir it.

Now just thinking about having to drink it cold and thick makes my lip curl.

Anyway best of luck, good times ahead!

Lisa

Thx for replies;

Yesterday was pretty easy… I still was more awake than I should’ve been late, but got to sleep a lot easier since I had the last meal earlier. The rest of my stuff came in (cheer) so I got to start taking HOT-ROX and L-Leucine about midday. Other than that, I drank my shakes, went for a walk, and made some discoveries about Metabolic Drive:

Pre-mixing shakes is a bad idea. The formula gels based on time, and maybe on temperature (cooling, like Jell-O) but certainly on time. All my pre-mixed shakes gelled to the consistency of 80’s gag slime (think TMNT ooze if you’re a nerd like me) when left to their own overnight.

I put the dry ingredients for the breakfast shake this morning in the blender last night then just added about 32-40 oz of water when I woke up and it tasted great. Like Austin2174 said above this, hot water is great for mixing… the hotter the water, the more easily anything will disolve in it so you end up w/ faster blending and less chunkiness. I should’ve remembered that from Chemistry, but I never thought about applying it to protein shakes. Works really well for dry Surge Recovery in the gym. Hot tap water disolves that stuff very easily when you shake it.

Today I’m going to be a little overambitious with the weights. I was too conservative on Monday on two of the exercises and feel like I really could’ve done more.

Anyone got a good target weight on step-ups? I did a workout recently where I was able to do 60’s for 5 between sets of 275x5 on back squat with 1 min rest in between each set, so I’m thinking at least 60, maybe 70+ would be the max for 8-9 reps. Its kind of hard to feel out what my 8-9 rep max on some exercises is when I’m used to trying to find a number that’s my X rep max after 4-5 sets, especially on something draining like step-ups where I’m more limited by the conditioning and not the weight.

Workout to be posted later today.

So today’s workout was a kick in the pants to be sure. When you stop sweating, does that mean you’re pretty damn dehydrated? Also, cutting HOT-ROX down to two/day: one at 6:15 and another at 11:30. Took 4 today, two at 6:30 and two at 10:00 and I think it messed me up a little. Pumped, but sweating for no reason and chilly.

Workout:
1/2 mile jog at 6.5 mph to warm up

Step ups: 65 lb dumbbells
9, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 6, 4, 2

(These were bad, bad bad. After that set of three, I don’t know how long my breaks were. I just waited till my pulse slowed down to ~140 and did a few more, repeat until done. I did these alternating feet counting one on each as one rep. Am I supposed to instead do 40 on the left, then 40 on the right? Because I don’t think I could push till failure on one leg and get anywhere near the same number on the other.)

Barbell Rows: 185
8, 7, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Push press: 135
8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 2

(had to break this up after that first set of 6… probably took a 2 min break)

Curls: 25’s on a short barbell, probably 25 lbs or so
8, 7, 4, 4, 4, 1, 4, 4, 4

(I have really weak arms it seems… I haven’t done biceps/triceps movements in forever, preferring compound movements. And here it shows.)

Reverse Crunches:
Skipped; sorry but the sweat had stopped flowing after the push press, I was oddly cold, and when I laid down to try to do some of these, even w/ no weight, my stomach told me I’d be sorry if I tried any. Those ab-rollouts from Monday are still killing me.

Thursday:

Been sand-bagging the NEPA I found out today. 1 hour @ 4 MPH on a treadmill is not the same as 1 hour in the park w/ dog/wife/baby stroller. NE my ass, that was a workout. Not like yesterday, but still.

Abs are STILL sore from Monday… I got to thinking, I did the pull-ups with a dumbell between my feet. That plus the rollouts probably totally fried my abs and they (as you can tell from pics) aren’t used to working hard. Should be gtg by tomorrow. If they aren’t, qq abs; you’re getting fried anyway.

0 (ZERO) deviations from the diet. This makes me happy. I said in the first post that I didn’t have HOT-ROX or L-Leucine for the first 2 1/2 days, but I was taking Alpha Male and BCAA’s those days (I stopped when I got the other stuff in) so it was only a very minor deviation since a some of the contents are the same.

All in all, doing well, week 1 almost done.

wierd…i started at the exact same weight as you with the same goal to get below 200…o and we started on the same day…your on!!!

/flex

I can feel it falling off in hot chunks already. Can’t wait for the weigh-in Sunday morning, and my sirloin/shrimp/salad HSM this saturday.

Good luck to you man.

I fixed my schedule to go on NEPA’s over lunch on a treadmill to force me to keep it at 4 MPH (1 degree incline), and workouts after my shift ends. That should help. The lolly-gagging walks with the wife I was doing are good but aren’t the same at all.

Yesterday Workout:

Deadlift: 245
8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 5, 3, 2

Dips: me + 50
9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3

Pull-ups: just me
8, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Hand Walkouts: from knees
4, 8, 8, 7, 6, 4, 3

I drank a quart of water on the first three exercises. I think that helped a ton because this workout, while tiring, wasn’t the complete body drain that Wednesdays was. Course, there weren’t any single leg lifts either. Its hard to keep pace between exercises but I tried to hurry, and was able to keep it between all the sets.

Finished V-Burn in 39 minutes.

First HSM:
A baker’s dozen shrimp cooked in a pan w/ olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, and garlic salt.

6 oz sirloin rubbed w/ olive oil and garlic salt.

1 small sweet potato

fresh baby greens from a pre-made salad thingy, dry.

I was going to take a picture of it but I’m pretty new to cooking and didn’t know when to start it all… I ate it as it finished :smiley: Those shrimp were soooooo good.

First weigh in: 210 from 218

Measurements and pics later.

I’m stoked.

ya i was in need of encouragement till me weigh in…now i got all the encouragement i need

Monday Workout:

Front Squat, 205:
5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2

Chins, 25 lbs + me
5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2

DB Bench: 100’s
5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2

Ab-Wheel Rollout:
5, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3

On day 10 now the shakes were making me gag, but I’m starting to figure out what amount of water to add to be able to get them down ok.