Biotest

Not Really Sure if I Should V-Diet?

Hi Chris thanks in advance for your insight. Im about 5’7 and weigh 15llbs… The V-Diet seems to be very specific with the weights you state through the calculator. My body type is im just tubby… would you suggestt he V-Diet or just plain ole working out? Thanks again

Well, if you’re not already working out and watching your diet, then that will of course go a very long way.

The V-Diet will help you break bad food-related habits and dump body fat quickly, but it’s not walk in the park. It’s for those who 1) want a jump start on fat loss and 2) need to break food addictions and bad habits. It can be used for “fine tuning” by those already in good shape but not great shape, and by those in pretty bad shape looking to kickstart a healthier lifestyle.

Now, are you saying the calculator isn’t giving you a plan because your body weight is too low? Are you male or female?

Let’s be honest here. The V-Diet takes a substantial amount of willpower and drive to get better shape. If you are going into it with the attitude that you aren’t really sure, or aren’t 100% committed to improving yourself, then I would say that your chances of seeing it through to the end are probably pretty low.

If you aren’t in the gym regularly now, why do you think you need to start right off with the diet? The V-Diet isn’t a magic pill that you take, and 28 days later you are skinny. The Diet does have it’s own workout too by the way.

Agree with Hockey… It’s damn hard… you got to be 100% involve in this… I’m in the middle of the program right now… I can tell you… It’s A POWERFUL PHISICAL AND MIND TEST…

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Well, if you’re not already working out and watching your diet, then that will of course go a very long way.

The V-Diet will help you break bad food-related habits and dump body fat quickly, but it’s not walk in the park. It’s for those who 1) want a jump start on fat loss and 2) need to break food addictions and bad habits. It can be used for “fine tuning” by those already in good shape but not great shape, and by those in pretty bad shape looking to kickstart a healthier lifestyle.

Now, are you saying the calculator isn’t giving you a plan because your body weight is too low? Are you male or female?

[/quote]
Yeah the calculator is saying my weight is to low, I’m a male.

[quote]tvtim wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[/quote]
Yeah the calculator is saying my weight is to low, I’m a male. [/quote]

Is it possible to have an undesirable body composition while still weighing very little. Plus the calculator can be thrown off a bit based on height. However, it sounds like you could benefit from plain old consistent weight training and good eating for a while before you’d need something like the V-Diet. Lots of free training programs and diets in our archives to get you started.

Try the <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/one_hundred_gram_carb_cure"target=“new”>100 Gram Carb Cure to get rid of the excess fat and clean up your eating habits. That plan still allows for plenty of protein and calories to fuel your muscle-building goals.

Thanks alot Chris… Its just that yeah Im “skinny/ slim” my waist is small but im flabby and out of shape… I love the results of the V-Diet and wanted the same but ill follow your suggestions any particular workout plan?

@TVtim: If you’re new to consistent weight training then just about anything, done with intensity and focus, is going to give you fast results, assuming you’re eating plenty of protein and other goodies.

I’d just suggest looking through the archives and picking any plan by Waterbury, Thibaudeau, or any of our top coaches. I’d hate to spend 20 minutes finding you the perfect program and you write me back saying, “But I only have two 15 pound dumbbells and I don’t belong to a gym and I’m missing a leg so squatting sucks and…” So, you find the best plan for YOU.

Remember, it’s more about what you put into the plan than the plan itself. You don’t ned anything fancy right now. Think big basics and consistency.

LOL NO Chris Im actually a memeber of gym… but thanks for the tips!

[quote]tvtim wrote:
LOL NO Chris Im actually a memeber of gym… but thanks for the tips![/quote]

Good to know!

Keep us posted!

Sorry one more question lol… The protien and Surge and all the supplements and stuff is that necessary right now? Or could I get into a regular routine before I buy all those things?

Certain supplements, while maybe not necessary for a beginner, can make progress faster, which can be very motivating.

Too little protein = slow to no progress, especially past a certain point. And peri-workout supps like Surge speed recovery, give you better workouts, fuel muscle growth and performance etc.

So while you can of course progress without them, you’ll progress faster and make better gains with them. That can be psychologically motivating, which can help keep you excited about all this stuff and keep you training and progressing over the long haul.

Here’s something I wrote in my last Training Lab LiveSpill:

I actually spend a lot of time talking people out of buying more and more supplements. The most common V-Diet question I get is “Can I add this or that supplement?” I mean, it’s odd, the V-Diet is already supplement heavy. I usually help them to remove unnecessary or overlapping supplements.

(cont) I also look for big-impact supplements. A guy with a busy schedule who eats 50g of protein per day and wants to gain muscle needs protein powder first and foremost. He needs to take care of that before he messes with, say, creatine. But a guy who has plenty of time to cook and who already gets 200g of protein per day from solid food may not need protein powder. He’ll want to focus on other areas where there’s a gap - like using Flameout or Superfood if the rest of his diet is sub-par, or focusing on peri-workout nutrition if he’s been ignoring that. Filling gaps is the #1 priority…

(cont) …though I do think everyone should probably start with a foundation of health-promoting supplements. Hard to convince a 22 year old of that though!

Thanks Chris… Im going to start a log to show my progress and keep myself motivated. I thank you for the time you have spent answering my questions.