Biotest

Non-Stimulant HOT-ROX Replacement?

Greetings all,

I have a question on whether there is a non-stimulant replacement for HOT-ROX? I am sensitive to most stimulants (I’m not kidding). I went cold turkey from caffeine 7 years ago, after a small case of arrhythmia set in after years of pounding triple shots, energy drinks and highly caffeinated sodas.

overall my cardio health is beyond good and I have no issues for 7 years aside from the need to avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Now I get a slight buzz from just a sip of coke (which is disgusting tasting once you stop drinking it for a while). Everything else from the diet is just fine, but this one makes me concerned, is there an alternative?

I am already in my first prep days for my V-Diet (all the boxes are here). I have worked out what flavors and tastes work best, along with preparing my workout.

Some details:
start weight 237 (goal 205)
BMI (get that in the morning)
height 73 inches
chest 47 inches
waist 40.5 inches (goal 36/35)
neck 18 inches
forearm 15.5 inches
hips 42.5 inches
thigh 26 inches
calf 18 inches

I’m currently experimenting with a non-stimulant version of the V-Diet now for people in your shoes. Right now, I suggest a combination of Carbolin-19 and Se7en. You can read more about those here:

Chris,

I’ve been thinking over the same issue with HOT-ROX and the V-Diet. I was giving some thought to substituting Alpha Male instead of HOT-ROX. Your Thoughts

Are you just following the recomending dosages on your experiment?

[quote]srbione wrote:
Chris,

I’ve been thinking over the same issue with HOT-ROX and the V-Diet. I was giving some thought to substituting Alpha Male instead of HOT-ROX. Your Thoughts

Are you just following the recomending dosages on your experiment? [/quote]

Label recommended dosage for Se7en and Carbolin-19, though sometimes muscular males choose to double the Se7en (4 caps a day instead of 2).

Alpha Male may work (it now contains Carbolin-19) but for now I think the Seven/C-19 stack may be the way to go for those who can’t do HOT-ROX. Se7en is potent stuff, especially for muscle retention while dieting strictly, even though it’s now marketed toward women. Still great for dieting men.

On the Carbolin 19, take the normal dose?

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I’m currently experimenting with a non-stimulant version of the V-Diet now for people in your shoes. Right now, I suggest a combination of Carbolin 19 and Se7en. You can read more about those here:

[/quote]

alrighty thank you. I have them ordered and in the mail for me.

Another off the wall question, I have been training with MBT’s Type 1 (the high wedge). just walking around puts a lot more stabilizing muscles into play. Should I retire them for a while while doing my NEPA walks?

[quote]erikanderson3157 wrote:
On the Carbolin 19, take the normal dose?[/quote]

Yes, label directions, max dose for males.

Chris, I want to take you back some years about a supplement that Biotest discontinued.(Ribose-C). I remember reading some years back that it wasn’t selling and had to be discontinued, but was made for the inner circle people still. Anyway NSI sells D-Ribose which states not to take with protein. Can you shine some light on this?

[quote]devices2 wrote:

Another off the wall question, I have been training with MBT’s Type 1 (the high wedge). just walking around puts a lot more stabilizing muscles into play. Should I retire them for a while while doing my NEPA walks?

[/quote]

Yes, use regular shoes for the NEPA, but you can wear the others just walking around normally if you want.

[quote]Panamared wrote:
Chris, I want to take you back some years about a supplement that Biotest discontinued.(Ribose-C). I remember reading some years back that it wasn’t selling and had to be discontinued, but was made for the inner circle people still. Anyway NSI sells D-Ribose which states not to take with protein. Can you shine some light on this?[/quote]

Nope, sorry.

Hello All-
Thanks for the info, Chris.
I, too, am extremely sensitive to stimulants, and just ordered the Carbolin 19 and Se7en.
Was a little worried my progress would be diminished by not using the HOT-ROX, but I figured it would still be a good venture overall.

Another question - what is your take on extending the diet for a week or two? I’m just finishing up the first week (on day 7 and having fun planning tonight’s meal!) This has been WAY easier than expected, and if it makes sense, I’d like to go just a bit longer.

My end goal is to lose 40 pounds, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for all of this - such a great experience, and a great way to get moving closer to the goal. :slight_smile:

[quote]luvsice wrote:

Another question - what is your take on extending the diet for a week or two? I’m just finishing up the first week (on day 7 and having fun planning tonight’s meal!) This has been WAY easier than expected, and if it makes sense, I’d like to go just a bit longer.

My end goal is to lose 40 pounds, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for all of this - such a great experience, and a great way to get moving closer to the goal. :slight_smile: [/quote]

It’s better to move to a strict Transition after 28 days. That means 1 solid healthy meal per day (the rest of the meals being shakes) for at least a week, then 2 SHMs for week two.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I’m currently experimenting with a non-stimulant version of the V-Diet now for people in your shoes. Right now, I suggest a combination of Carbolin 19 and Se7en. You can read more about those here:

[/quote]

I’ll be very interested to hear your results and recommendations. I’m coming out of adrenal burnout and have to avoid stimulants like the plague.

[quote]G-Unit wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
I’m currently experimenting with a non-stimulant version of the V-Diet now for people in your shoes. Right now, I suggest a combination of Carbolin 19-19 and Se7en. You can read more about those here:

I’ll be very interested to hear your results and recommendations. I’m coming out of adrenal burnout and have to avoid stimulants like the plague.[/quote]

Well So far I’ve had very little issues with the combination. I have taken to walking around ever two hours for 10-15 min outside to burn a bit of excess energy.

1 week results 11 pounds lost and 1 inch of my middle.

Just keeping this up to date.

So far the Carbolin 19 and double Se7en seems to be doing just fine. I have learned a few things along the way.

1. You can lessen the initial Spike reaction by taking them with your first shake or 3 BCAA’s

2. My negative reactions to the combination lessened over time, this was likely more of me being less nervous and less my body getting us to its new pressures.

3. Don’t take this before you take a nap, seriously I usually take two 15 min cat naps at work (computer scientist are nutty like that) and I shot up from the recliner, got a little light headed and fell right over. You need to be doing something while on active doses it seems.