Biotest

No Weights Available

Hi, I was just wondering if i could substitute the weight training workouts for the v-burn challenge, considering I don’t have weights and can only train strength endurance, I don’t see the point in attempting to mimic the maximal strength drop sets, the only tool to my disposal is body weight training, as a college student, I cannot afford weights.

So, instead of the weight training workouts, it’d just be 4 v-burn challenges a week, would that work?

[quote]DFbarlete wrote:
Hi, I was just wondering if i could substitute the weight training workouts for the v-burn challenge, considering I don’t have weights and can only train strength endurance, I don’t see the point in attempting to mimic the maximal strength drop sets, the only tool to my disposal is body weight training, as a college student, I cannot afford weights.

So, instead of the weight training workouts, it’d just be 4 v-burn challenges a week, would that work?[/quote]

As a college student don’t you have access to the schools facilities?

They just have machines, machines aren’t a reliable form of exercise considering the rest periods can’t be manipulated due to other people, and there are very few machines which fit my history of
injuries including internal impingement, slap lesions, and knee pain. I have gained 10lbs of muscle in a 4 month period using body weight training, so the efficacy of body weight training for bulking is not out of reach for me, especially considering I gained the 10lbs after nearly 4 years of having trained, so they weren’t newbie gains. Anyway I got off on a bit of a tangent, as I said, the only apparatus available to me that does not exacerbate issues is body weight training, I probably shouldn’t have left the injury history out though, haha.

It’s not ideal for this program. The diet itself will give you results of course, but you really need resistance training to max results.

If you choose to the V-Diet with only body weight work, you really don’t need the Surge Recovery component. You could replace that with MAG-10 used during the workout.

But I have a sneaking suspicion you’re not going to use the correct supplements. If you can’t swing a $10 a month gym fee, I don’t see you paying for a full V-Diet.

Hi, thanks Chris for the input, however I feel that i need to clarify a few things. 

First of all I am not anti-weights, I’m no stranger to lifting weights and I’ve done the conjugate method, 5/3/1, all that. When I say that i don’t have money for weights I mean it, I don’t have a job at the moment and its going to be a little while until I can afford Bio
test and a barbell and weights, so until then I’d just like to modify this as best I can with
what I have.

As far as the gym membership, there aren’t any in my area that are 10
dollars a month, nor have I heard of any gyms that are 10 dollars a month, as far as i know, the
cheapest gym membership in my area is 24 hour fitness and its 40 a month, but these aren’t an
option anyway considering I don’t have a job at the moment. I was thinking if I could use advanced body weight training, such as handstand push ups and pull ups to fit the maximal strength drop set component of the velocity program.

So in the future I will be able to acquire
some weights and supplements, and hopefully afford everything I need for the Velocity diet, but
until then, I’m just trying to work with what I have. Thanks for any additional input you have for me.

Do not attempt this plan with other supplements and no access to weights. You won’t like the results. It’s just not right for you right now.

Thanks Chris, I will abandon the Velocity program for now and look for one that will suit me better.