Biotest

No Weight Lifting?

Hi, I’m curious about something. What if someone follows the Velocity Diet, but instead of NEPA does a good amount of cardio but does NOT weight lift? Wouldn’t it still work to lose fat?

Keep in mind, what if the person does NOT care about losing muscle.

So basically, if the person doesn’t care about losing muscle, follows the V-Diet and does good cardio; shouldn’t fat come off?

If not, why?

it would yea… but you wouldnt have the energy to do any decent cardio. it would make the whole diet harder. and the whole point of the V-Diet’s Nutrition is to stop you losing muscle and maybe even gain some. so what would be the point?

To lose fat - quickly.

If you’re not going to lift, chose a different diet. Yes, I would think in theory you would definitely still lose fat (though probably screw with your metabolism pretty good). But if you’re not interested in protecting muscle mass, why pick a diet that is designed specifically to do that? Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Velocity doesn’t sound at all like what this someone wants or needs.

If this “person” is you why don’t you admit it?

I am curious as too why you don’t want to lift.

In answer to you question you will lose fat and quite a bit of muscle from catabolism. The study which the V-Diet is based on entitled Effects of Resistance vs Aerobic Traning Combined With an 800kcal liquid diet found that;

-Those that did resistance training had a much greater lean body weight at the end of the diet
-Those that did resistance traning also had a much larger Resting Metabolic Rate of 1800kcals/day compared to 1358 of the cardio group.

Although the amount of fat lost from the cardio group was greater. The fact that the RMR at the end was larger in the Resistance group means that they would find it easier to diet in the future as they wouldn’t have to sink there kcals as low.

But you can make up your own mind.

It involves two people, myself and another. Thanks for the replies. As for lifting, I actually might start that back up - help me with knowing where to start back for Bulking anyways.

Thank you all!

The person would quickly lose fat and muscle too. The loss of muscle would lower metabolism. The metabolism would further drop just from a strict caloric-deficit without any hard, metabolism-revving resistance training. Fat would quickly be regained, maybe to a greater degree than before the diet, after upping calories. What you are basically describing is the fat housewife cycle. Plenty of women go on strict diets each year without proper exercise, damaging metabolism. They gain the weight back, plus a few lbs and after a few years have packed on 20 lbs.

Why would the person not care about losing muscle? That’s absolutely retarded!

I guess if you want to have the body of Richard Simmons, go for it. If you want to actually look good, be healthy, be strong, and function in daily activities easily, you might want to lift.

[quote]Jouho wrote:
It involves two people, myself and another. Thanks for the replies. As for lifting, I actually might start that back up - help me with knowing where to start back for Bulking anyways.

Thank you all![/quote]

How much do you weigh/BF% and what are aims?

There is not point V-Dieting then immediately starting bulking hypertrophy workouts for mass. It’s better to keep a constant 5/6 meals at just above maintenance.

[quote]echelon101 wrote:
There is not point V-Dieting then immediately starting bulking hypertrophy workouts for mass. It’s better to keep a constant 5/6 meals at just above maintenance.[/quote]

anything above maintenance IS bulking. this is precisely what i will be doing after my V-Diet. trying to add as much muscle mass with as little fat as possible. what a perfect time to do it… when one is lean!

I would call my definition “growing” and I would call “bulking” eating about 1000kcals more and putting on about 50:50 muscle/fat then having to cut again.

You could just not eat if you don’t mind losing muscle.

This HAS to be a troll job. Do people even know that this is a BODYBUILDING website?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
You could just not eat if you don’t mind losing muscle.

This HAS to be a troll job. Do people even know that this is a BODYBUILDING website?[/quote]

no kidding. :shakeshead: