Biotest

No Waterbury Routine Before Now

And may not ever again.

A1, A2, A3? Right…if I had my own private gym. I have to share my gym with the rest of the peons and it’s damn near impossible to secure all three sets of equipment throughout the routine.

Why not design regimens that take this into account?

I sort of have this problem. I countered it by going at 5.30 in the morning.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I sort of have this problem. I countered it by going at 5.30 in the morning.[/quote]

And I could do that. My training partner can’t, however.

Seriously though, has this not been addressed already?

Try the original workout? That’s what I did the first time around. From memory there wasn’t much by the way of supersets. I could be wrong though.

I believe that you can design your own program that will get very good results anyway. Chris always talks about not chasing two rabbits and I think in this case where say Waterbury is the mark of what will be the best to build or maintain muscle (for most people, not all) you could design a program that will be 90% as good at retaining your muscle, or even building it. This depends on your skill level and knowledge but you could say that the quality of program is inversely proportional to your ability to build muscle (ie novices build easier).

So I guess what I’m trying to say is that given you aren’t going ot be making massive gains for the most part due ot severe calorie limitation making a program that works for you and stick to it.

Personally I work out 4 days a week and concentrate on areas that are weak. I want a bigger back and legs so I work my back every workout plus have a back day and I work my legs twice a week. This has definitley worked for me.

Stop complaining, read some information and do some work for yourself (dont’ take this the wrong way, just say teach a man to fish and all that) :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
I believe that you can design your own program that will get very good results anyway. Chris always talks about not chasing two rabbits and I think in this case where say Waterbury is the mark of what will be the best to build or maintain muscle (for most people, not all) you could design a program that will be 90% as good at retaining your muscle, or even building it. This depends on your skill level and knowledge but you could say that the quality of program is inversely proportional to your ability to build muscle (ie novices build easier).

So I guess what I’m trying to say is that given you aren’t going ot be making massive gains for the most part due ot severe calorie limitation making a program that works for you and stick to it.

Personally I work out 4 days a week and concentrate on areas that are weak. I want a bigger back and legs so I work my back every workout plus have a back day and I work my legs twice a week. This has definitley worked for me.

Stop complaining, read some information and do some work for yourself (dont’ take this the wrong way, just say teach a man to fish and all that) :slight_smile:

Good luck![/quote]

You’re right!

I’m going to start doing the V-diet with ALL SOLID FOOD and no shakes - because I should just take the information I have and ‘do some work for myself’.

Moron - the idea of the program is to use the instruction of advanced trainers to maximize fat loss and prevent catabolism. If I thought I could do that by myself, I wouldn’t be on the diet. Also, it’s supposed to be RETARD-SIMPLE to improve compliance.

I want to use Waterbury’s expertise, but I rarely can because he never seems to take into account that I’m not going to be the only person in my gym.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=546491

Scroll down about halfway. It’s the workout Chris set out for himself the first time around.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=546491

Scroll down about halfway. It’s the workout Chris set out for himself the first time around.[/quote]

Thanks, man! I knew I’d seen it but wasn’t sure where.

I’ll try a few more Waterbury workouts if I can, because I really believe they are effective - they’re just so difficult to implement.

If I can’t get them done effectively, I’ll switch to the original Chris Shugart Program.

The Waterbury ones are ideal IMO and I’m pretty sure Chris would say so too, but if you lack free equipment at the gym, I can’t see the original program being a problem…

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:

Good luck![/quote]

The whole idea behind the V-Diet was “Don’t think, just do”. Did you miss that? What you say is true, just not for this diet.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
The whole idea behind the V-Diet was “Don’t think, just do”. Did you miss that? What you say is true, just not for this diet.[/quote]

Fair call, I do get that for sure but I also see all these questions where my thought is either you do it, or you don’t. If you have to ask a question about whether you can do something or not then you probably shouldn’t. All the information you need is out there it’s just for me a decision based on my goals and what I believe makes sense and what doesn’t. If you can’t work that out for yourself then either you choose to live in ignorance and do a program exactly as it’s spelled out, or you learn and tweak it, or you create one all by yourself.

Personally I like the diet side of the V-Diet but the workouts and lack of activity don’t match my lifestyle, the diet does very much. So I take what works (and has worked for me in the past) and I change it. It’s no longer the V-Diet as such I guess but I’m using the principles of it.

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
Personally I like the diet side of the V-Diet but the workouts and lack of activity don’t match my lifestyle, the diet does very much. So I take what works (and has worked for me in the past) and I change it. It’s no longer the V-Diet as such I guess but I’m using the principles of it.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with what you said, but the beauty of the diet is the simplicity. The lack of activity (which I’m assuming means cardio) is there to stop catabolism, which is not something you’d want is it?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with what you said, but the beauty of the diet is the simplicity. The lack of activity (which I’m assuming means cardio) is there to stop catabolism, which is not something you’d want is it?[/quote]

Rodger that :slight_smile:

Yeah I knock my cardio down a bit as I generally run 4 times a week between 25-60mins with the V-Diet I noticed that at my normal activity levels last time I went into ketosis.

This time I’m just going to keep the running once a week (it’s a social thing so very light, I usually run 12-13km/hr, this is about 9kmhr) and I take the train rather than ride to and from work most of the time.

I definitely saw last time that increased cardio and activity over what’s suggested DID NOT HELP at all but hey I enjoy exercise and was watching my LBM. :slight_smile:

Agree for people that are askign questions about this then they shoudl just follow the program to a T.

I have to change my mind about the Waterbury routines.

They seem to be perfect, goal-wise.

I DO have to go to the gym early in the AM or late at night, but hot-damn am I ever in and out quick! It doesn’t take very long to get the whole thing done.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
I DO have to go to the gym early in the AM or late at night, but hot-damn am I ever in and out quick! It doesn’t take very long to get the whole thing done.[/quote]

As an extra motivator, remember that all the dedicated women with great bodies show up in the AM. Well, at least at my gym that’s how it works. We only get attention whores wearing tube tops in the PM.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.