Biotest

No More Warm Ups

Day 2. Not my first day 2. And since we are being open here, I am not sure if it is a good or bad day two. I haven’t read all the blogs yet, but does having a salmon salad this evening really screw things up? I am not trying to be belligerent, just kinda wanna know the science here to be reassured that eating a salad with fish jacks up the end success.

Reading Dan Jon’s book, “Never Let Go.” He tells a story when he met a few great athletes and some of the advice they gave him. One of them was, “when something goes wrong, simplify.” Another is that we measure during the competition. Practice is practice, warm ups are warmps, but during the competition is where you have to show up. At 39, I have had a lot of warm ups. Maybe it is time to grow up.

Key point learned today: Nobody cares. I don’t mean this in a negative way. I mean that nobody cares about your new thing and if they do, it is only to tell you the smidge of nutrition advice they read in Reader’s Digest at the dentist’s office. I don’t take house buying advice from a professor in real estate that has no real estate. So, that guy with the new opinion that isn’t sporting 9% bf veins is not my authority. And in truth, no one is I suppose. I doubt I would follow any plan that someone I knew gave me. Yes, somehow things are different when I am online doing a diet that was written by a guy I don’t know.

Here is what I like:

1. Simplicity - When things go wrong, simplify. This diet absolves me of all the pain and discontent of not knowing the new vegetable they said I should have in my salad. And, of not buying a crap-ton of groceries I won’t eat and don’t have the time to make.
  2. Cleansing - I already feel an interest in healthy foods that I did not feel when I ate crap. I am excited about the possibilities of resetting my brain and my palate.
  3. My secret - There is a great book out there on quitting smoking (shhh) that tells you to not tell your friends and family that you are quitting. In fact, the ones that push you the most are your worst enemy. You are not accountable to them. They are not responsible for you. They won’t have to live with your lungs. And if you DO make the change for the wife or girlfriend, what happens when they leave? So, this is my secret. I do my shakes in the locker room at work where no one else is.

Y > X: I am a 39 year old Naval Officer who has to lead. I can’t lead if I am a fatty. I want to be with a lioness - I have to be a lion. I believe that through the process of shredding up, I will face some demons that need to be faced… and walked past. I hate having a belly while having sex. I want my f’n abs!!!

Pics Trial

Week 0

Starting day 3. Waist 36.5 / Weight 202.

I wasn’t a hundred percent yesterday. Had a kit kat and a big salmon salad. As a positive note to the diet, the salad was amazing. I feel like I tasted everything instead of dreading that it was not a pizza-like substance. It is kinda like smoking, the more you smoke, the more you want to smoke. The more you eat crap, the more you want to eat crap.

Now I face my first Friday on the diet. And, whatever plans I have, they will involved choosing against alchol and solid food while with friends. This is fine opportunity! A key aspect of the diet is that I simplify… in this case my choices. It is an opportuinty to change pracice new decisions on the same path.

I realize I just posted. But it felt bland and not me. Here is the f’n deal. THERE IS MORE THAN THIS! This is not who I want to be and I have spent years…decades… trying to take myself beyond. I have everything I need to get this done. There is a an audio book by Alan Watts call YOU’RE IT. That is the simple truth. Now this is gonna get done.

And when it comes to doing this while living life, you are always supposed to have your own agenda.

RT

Just distract yourself and put your nose to the grind. Hate messing up, and love success! Im down 20lbs in 20 days. It can be done, just dont mess up

ps-seems like your searching for something more than just a body. Perhaps an identity?

Hmm. Searching for identity? I am not sure how to answer that. How would you know if you don’t have your identity?

I look at these beginning photos and I am not happy. This not it. There is more than this. The only problem is that I have not yet stayed on the diet for more than a few days at a time.

After reading a book called Willpower, I wonder and rationalize the exhaust of willpower in my day. But that isn’t really the final problem, nor is it any solution. Here is the deal: I can see a few weaknesses that are coming into play.

1. smoking

2. sleep

3. Smoking. Right, I understand, fitness professionals, that it doesn’t make sense. That is just it, it doesn’t make sense. It is incongruent with me and my life to be some dude in a car, smelling it up, knowing that I have to clean the hell out of it before the next date with the next girl. It is also, the habit of not loving yourself. Don’t get on me, dudes, about my pretty words. There is something to smoking that you know is against yourself. Consequently, it opens doors to the further habit of making self-destructive decision. In summation, the hard truth is that AS LONG AS I SMOKE, I WILL NEVER SHRED.

4. Sleep. Rolled jitsu last night. Woke up systemically AFU (military acronym). There has to be allowance for a full 8 hours. There has to be a full amount of sleep. Otherwise I wake up without the ability to defend/fight the… “urge to smoke” or rather the, “I don’t give a f*** about anything except for me, right now.” Big truth here, if you really gave a f*** about yourself…right now… you would do anything but smoke or whatever it is.

What I loved about yesterday:

1. I felt really great all day and very acclompished and positive by sticking on the plan.
  2. I loved using my little book to check off shakes when I have them to keep track.
  3. I loved the full on exertion of BJJ and being told, “man you are strong.” Granted that was from an agile spider monkey that was way above my skill level. :slight_smile:
  4. I loved being the better me.

Take Aways:

• can’t smoke and shred at the same time
  • keep the book and the check offs
  • get so much sleep that you wake up refreshed and ready to fight the bad guys

RT

Stay Strong. Seems you got a lot of things to work out. And this 28 days will give you a lot of time to think/work out things.(I’ve noticed without cooking/eating there is so much extra time in the day). Use NEPA for this, go on long walks and just think. And then this forum is always a good place to vent and get your thoughts out.

YOU CAN DO IT.

side note* you talk about will power. If you are unable to stop smoking now, I think after 28 days+ of staying true to this diet, you WILL have the will power to stop then. Good luck.

Tim,

You know, you make a good point. How about I put off the smoking until I am done with the diet or let it happen as it happens? got it.

Another day here to restart my diet. I like the shakes through the day because I am not in a place at work or home to cook and prep meals like people do. So the diet fits. Today, it was the first meal of the day (which was food) that tripped me up.

Jacked. I like the term. I think it would be the one of the best things you could say about me. I would love to have some say, “Oh, RT? That boy is mother f’n jacked.” So here we go. Despite the recent stutter starts, I am a believer. And reading the threads here really help.

to Chris S., this ia great forum thanks for this arena to figure our S*** out.

And Tim, thanks again.

[quote]RT wrote:
Tim,

You know, you make a good point. How about I put off the smoking until I am done with the diet or let it happen as it happens? got it.

Another day here to restart my diet. I like the shakes through the day because I am not in a place at work or home to cook and prep meals like people do. So the diet fits. Today, it was the first meal of the day (which was food) that tripped me up.

Jacked. I like the term. I think it would be the one of the best things you could say about me. I would love to have some say, “Oh, RT? That boy is mother f’n jacked.” So here we go. Despite the recent stutter starts, I am a believer. And reading the threads here really help.

to Chris S., this ia great forum thanks for this arena to figure our S*** out.

And Tim, thanks again.[/quote]

Hey RT, How your hanging in there? Going strong? Its been a little while since you updated us on your progress.

Hey RT. I smoked like a chimney for 13 years, and finally quit in Feb 2011. Don’t miss it at all.

I would highly recommend Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking: it puts you in a really positive mindset for giving up, which is where the battle is won.

It took me a few quit attempts and goes through the book to really internalise the points, but it is definitely worth sticking with it.