Biotest

No More BS - All or Nothing

I recieved all of my stuff today and I am excited about the V-Diet (so much that I can’t sleep). I havent had much time to read others post on how they have handled the diet but I am not the kind of person who quits so Im ready. I have gained a few extra pounds over the past few years and I think it is time to say good bye to the weight and get ready for a lifestyle change.

I will post my pics and stats on Sunday night and I will begin the diet on Monday.

Wish me luck :slight_smile:

Luck won’t help you here :stuck_out_tongue:

Just don’t quit!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Luck won’t help you here :stuck_out_tongue:

Just don’t quit![/quote]

Definitely agree, luck doesn’t help… the following might be helpful though (read all of the articles):

Motivational reading

Front Image

Back

Left Side

BF 24.1%
HT 5’10
WT 237
Neck 16
Shoulders 47
Chest Upper 44
Chest Lower 45
Waist @ Navel 40
Waist @ Largest 40
Hips 46
Upper Arm L 15.5
Upper Arm R 15.25
Upper Leg L 24.25
Upper Leg R 25.5
Lower Leg L 16
Lower Leg R 16
Ankle L 10
Ankle R 10

I didnt get up at my normal time today but today is v day. I started with shake one and now the journey begins. I will stick with it, at all cost. I am tired of being fat. I was looking at some pictures from when I was in college and all I have to say is that I turned into a fat lazy sob. I dont really know how I convinced myself that I was “big” I am going to post my old pics for motivation!

Old Front Flexed Pose

Old Back Flexed

Haha, nice job…how old are you now btw? I assume you were about 20/21 in your old pic?
Getting old and not being able to play sports/have fun all day kills your metabolism doesn’t it?

haha you remind me of myself before I started V-Diet this time last year. I played D-1 bball in college and was in excellent shape, then just got lazy and stopped after getting a desk job after college. Biggest step is getting back into it. You will see immediate changes and get back into it before you know it. Welcome aboard man.

While I was in college I did everything I could cram into a day. I played College football for a short while, intramurals flag football, basketball, and lifted daily. When I graduated I kept lifting just not as consistent as I did in college. I started sitting behind a desk and a 6 short years later you see the result, and that is actually better than I was. I was almost up to 300 lbs.

I am currently at 237 and it took a few pictures to make me realize just how bad it had gotten. In my old pictures I was 22 years old. I just turned 28 years old this Feb. I appreciate all the encouragement, and I know you all will keep me on my A game!

welcome aboard Bigghigg

Kick this in the teeth!

I am right in the thick of it right now and all I can say is stay strong in the moments of weakness AND set yourself up for success. My first time through I left my wallet at home when I went to work so the choices for food were easy…either the shake that I brought…or nothing!!!

Use all the tricks in the book to keep strong, I always tell myself that I am GOING TO CHEAT on this diet…but not today (makes it feel better to know that I could if I wanted to…reminds me this is a choice and that there is a HUGE reward in the end.

STAY STRONG!

Action, I think that mught be some of the best advice! Johnson I appreciate the encouraging words.

I am officially through with the first day. I have had some cravings and I was able to shove them aside! I had a pretty good workout. I didn’t notice any energy loss but it’s the first day. I am excited about what I can do and I know that the only easy day was yesterday! Bring it on.

No joke, the best advice given, ever, is to keep busy. Last year when I did this I thought I kept busy, but I will admit, I had a bunch of rough spots. This year, I am working in a restaurant, and have literally been bus beyond belief for the first 9 days. I didn’t even know what day I was on today. I actually had to ask. I mean I only have 19 days left and I didn’t even realize it!

If I ever get tempted its usually at work, and I tell myself one of the things that really changed the way I made food decisions; and that is: This is not your last opportunity to eat this food - there will be other opportunities.

Also, in the grand scheme of things, it’s 28 goddamn days…you’ve probably gone longer than that without eating a vegetable :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer tough, honest love if you haven’t figured it out. It makes better, more realistic people.

Day 2…

I just got home from work and I have to say that I did really well. I went two lunch with my supervisor and the president of my company. I wasn’t even tempted to have anything, just a little unsweet tea. I had some problems this morning though. I went to work and during the commute I started to have a few bouts of nausea, not sure if it was the flax seed or HOT-ROX, but the same thing happened yesterday so I scaled back the HOT-ROX to a half serving today. I may have to take them a little later.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I have been taking my shakes 3 hours apart but tomorrow I will be out of the house at 5:00am. This means I will have a longer day to spread the shakes out during and about every 3 hours I notice I start to get hungry. Tonight I was real hungry by the time I got home from work. I typically work from 10:00am to 7:00pm. I usually lift after work but if today was any insight into what I can expect I will be starving by the time I get home. I may have to take the first shake and last shake with one less scoop of protein and make it another shake altogether.

BiggHigg good luck with today…one thing I used was those fiber chews…if it had been like 2.5 hrs or so and I was starting to get the pangs…I would chew on one of those and drink like 8-10 oz of water and that usually let me last an extra hour or so if needed before my next shake.

You can do this!

[quote]BIGGHIGG wrote:
Day 2…

I just got home from work and I have to say that I did really well. I went two lunch with my supervisor and the president of my company. I wasn’t even tempted to have anything, just a little unsweet tea. I had some problems this morning though. I went to work and during the commute I started to have a few bouts of nausea, not sure if it was the flax seed or HOT-ROX, but the same thing happened yesterday so I scaled back the HOT-ROX to a half serving today. I may have to take them a little later.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I have been taking my shakes 3 hours apart but tomorrow I will be out of the house at 5:00am. This means I will have a longer day to spread the shakes out during and about every 3 hours I notice I start to get hungry. Tonight I was real hungry by the time I got home from work. I typically work from 10:00am to 7:00pm. I usually lift after work but if today was any insight into what I can expect I will be starving by the time I get home. I may have to take the first shake and last shake with one less scoop of protein and make it another shake altogether. [/quote]

I sometimes get nausea and I’ve been combating it with Coke Zero. The effervescence seems to help a lot. Also could be a good thing to sip on in between meals if you are getting hunger pangs.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.