Biotest

Nitric Oxide?

Chris,
I’ve read that you are anti NO supps somewhere in the archives. Why is that? ARe they bad for your health, or what? Every time I’ve used NO Shotgun (VPX supp I believe), I’ve gotten EXTREMELEY jacked up and worked out HARD! What’s so bad about these supps?

Also, I wanted to put in a plug for a new form of intense cardio that I’ve done - boxing. Sparring more specifically. Just to let anyone know who may be interested - always spar with a good friend/someone you can trust. The last time I sparred, I dislocated my shoulder, and my partner at the gym had to drive me to urgent care haha. That sucked. Anyway, thanks Chris. P.S. what do you think about using one scoop Surge workout fuel pre, and one scoop Surge post? You’re the man!

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
Chris,
I’ve read that you are anti NO supps somewhere in the archives. Why is that? ARe they bad for your health, or what? Every time I’ve used NO Shotgun (VPX supp I believe), I’ve gotten EXTREMELEY jacked up and worked out HARD! What’s so bad about these supps?[/quote]

Because there are various studies that prove nitric oxide supplementation does absolutely nothing even when arginine is injected into the bloodstream. Look at the label and I guarantee there was either creatine or caffeine in the mix. Then again, if the placebo effect is that great for your workouts then I would consider the purchase justified.

[quote]Scott aka Rice wrote:

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
Chris,
I’ve read that you are anti NO supps somewhere in the archives. Why is that? ARe they bad for your health, or what? Every time I’ve used NO Shotgun (VPX supp I believe), I’ve gotten EXTREMELEY jacked up and worked out HARD! What’s so bad about these supps?[/quote]

Because there are various studies that prove nitric oxide supplementation does absolutely nothing even when arginine is injected into the bloodstream. Look at the label and I guarantee there was either creatine or caffeine in the mix. Then again, if the placebo effect is that great for your workouts then I would consider the purchase justified.[/quote]

This. Basically, it doesn’t work. Some formulations may make you “feel something” while training, but none of have been shown to do what they claim to do (build muscle.)

[quote]hlss09 wrote:

Also, I wanted to put in a plug for a new form of intense cardio that I’ve done - boxing. Sparring more specifically. Just to let anyone know who may be interested - always spar with a good friend/someone you can trust. The last time I sparred, I dislocated my shoulder, and my partner at the gym had to drive me to urgent care haha. That sucked. Anyway, thanks Chris. P.S. what do you think about using one scoop Surge workout fuel pre, and one scoop Surge post? You’re the man![/quote]

That’s fine, but why not use the full amount? Or are you talking about after sparring? If that’s what you mean, then I’d save the Surge Recovery, which is for post-weight-training only.