Biotest

Nighttime Indulgences

Chris,
My biggest meal of the day seems to always be dinner. This is the opposite of how it should be…I usually eat an entire bag of either broccoli, cauliflower or stir fry, and have either a bunch of chicken breasts or fish. I’m raking in a large volume of food, and even though its all healthy, I’m just curious why bingeing seems to happen as well as cravings at night? Any reasons, suggestions or thoughts would be great

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
Chris,
My biggest meal of the day seems to always be dinner. This is the opposite of how it should be…I usually eat an entire bag of either broccoli, cauliflower or stir fry, and have either a bunch of chicken breasts or fish. I’m raking in a large volume of food, and even though its all healthy, I’m just curious why bingeing seems to happen as well as cravings at night? Any reasons, suggestions or thoughts would be great[/quote]

I think wanting a big meal at night is natural. And if it’s healthy, controlled-carb, volumized etc. then go for it.

At night we settle in after a long day. It’s when we finally have a chance to cook and relax. Sometimes we decompress and de-stress with food, which isn’t good, but if all your choices are healthy, then no big deal.

I also think that most people under-eat during the day so at night, when things settle down, they realize that they’re starved.

I have been on the ‘V’ for 18 days now. Had a “bad” one today. Apple- sooooo sweet! And, now at home had a meal with the familia- not the planned one for the week- which will be on Saturday. :frowning: I suppose I can just skip the one on Saturday, but I am feeling quite guilty about loosing focus today. Up until now, I’ve been stellar which makes me feel worse about it.
It almost seemed like I was hiding eating the solid meal-with family in the room!
Aaargh. So sad.
I’m at 8 lbs loss and would like to see more by the end of the next 2 weeks.
Another conundrum- not being able to workout at the level I would like to in order to really see results- rehabing a knee surgery (3rd) in that was in March.
Ok, I think I’m done boo-hooing. Hope to be back on track tomorrow.
:frowning:

[quote]rafmom wrote:
I have been on the ‘V’ for 18 days now. Had a “bad” one today. Apple- sooooo sweet! And, now at home had a meal with the familia- not the planned one for the week- which will be on Saturday. :frowning: I suppose I can just skip the one on Saturday, but I am feeling quite guilty about loosing focus today. Up until now, I’ve been stellar which makes me feel worse about it.
It almost seemed like I was hiding eating the solid meal-with family in the room!
Aaargh. So sad.
I’m at 8 lbs loss and would like to see more by the end of the next 2 weeks.
Another conundrum- not being able to workout at the level I would like to in order to really see results- rehabing a knee surgery (3rd) in that was in March.
Ok, I think I’m done boo-hooing. Hope to be back on track tomorrow.
:([/quote]

If you slip like that, you can use it to replace the planned HSM, just don’t do it again.

The HSM is important not just as a “refeed” but to help you program in those taste and craving changes. If the HSM is all good food, then this will help you begin to shift toward craving those healthier foods rather than unhealthy ones. If the HSM is bad, then it doesn’t.

This is why I love IF. I used to be a HUGE night-time eater. I’d usually keep things clean until night and then it’d be game on.

With IF, my final meal is my PWO meal around 6:30 p.m. It’s huge, but it’s a clean meal. I’m so full by the end that I’m rarely hungry after. I’m already in bed by time any hungry would come back around.