Biotest

Newbie, After Years of Frustration

Ok. So I ended up here after over several years of frustration as I idly watched my weight continue to creep up. Sure I had moments where I would get a glimpse of inspiration but then I would fall back into old habits… going out too much, eating out too much, drinking too many soft drinks and not working out. I would compete in sprint triathlons and 5-ks but would never do any better than mediocre basically because I did not put the effort in up front. Well no more. I am not going to sit by anymore doing the same thing and expecting the results to be different. I need a change! And I hope the V-Diet is going to be catalyst that helps me get my butt in gear. It is time to start taking responsibility for my results and for my life.

I started the V-Diet on Friday and so far so good. I made a commitment to complete a CrossFit program through the end of March (four days a week) so I will not be doing the three work-outs as outlined but they are pretty similar. I understand that not following the program to a tee may not get me the same results as sticking to the program. However, committing to this group has helped get me started on this journey and I think the accountability and support will help me continue to stick with this process. I will still be doing the V-Challenge on Sat/Sun.

Alright then… here are my beginning stats and (begrudgingly)the pics…
Height : 5’4"
Weight : 165 lbs
R U Arm: 13"
L U Arm: 13"
Chest: 33"
Bust: 40"
Waist (most narrow): 33.75"
Waist (most wide): 40.5"
Hips: 41"
L U Leg: 24.25"
R U Leg: 24.25"

Welcome!

Many of us here are in a similar situation “The wake up call”. Stick with it and I bet good money you will NOT be disappointed!

Ok… not all pics uploaded so here they are

Other pic

Welcome aboard!

If you have any specific questions for me, be sure to pop them into the <a href="http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop"target=“new”>Ask Chris forum so I’ll be sure to see them.

Thanks for the welcome!

Week 1 is in the books and I am down 3 lbs to 162. I am glad with my results and look forward to seeing my results over the next couple of weeks.

Are you still on the diet? Any progress?

It sucks to say but I fell off the V-Diet after a week and a half. I didn’t plan well enough to account for the work dinners and other obligtions that came up. I did lose 5 lbs in the time that I kept to the diet. Thankfully the diet has changed several of my eating habits so while I didn’t lose any more weight, I also have not gained any of it back.

I am starting back on the V-Diet tomorrow and have set up a plan to address the things that got me off track last time.
On the bright side, I weighed in at work today and I have lost 12 lbs and 4.2% body fat (with 0 muscle loss) since beginning my weight loss in mid January. Seeing these results was very motivating to keep up the fight. I still have 22 lbs to lose and I hope that starting back on the V-Diet will get me closer to reaching my goal weight.

Thanks so much for asking. I am going to do a better job about posting this time around so as to keep myself more accountable.

man, im just now starting, day 3. its tuff. im wondering if i can get away with 2 0z of steamed cauliflower every other evening. are you exercizing? im not, i work 85 hours a week, dead tired all the time. i wish i was as slender as you. you dont have far to go
hang in there
jim

dude, ur a drag, either do the diet or dont. you cant eat, apart form on hsm days… so eat on hsm days.

Marzouk is right. I know it is hard to limit your solid food to one HSM a week but cheating with even steamed cauliflower just sets you up for a back slide. The diet plan is set out that way for a reason. Trust me I know it isn’t easy but the real question is how bad do you want results. ‘Nothing in this world that’s worth having comes easy’. Value yourself, your happiness, your health enough to suck it up. It is only 28 days you can eat cauliflower all you want when the 28 days is up. You CAN do this!

I have been doing CrossFit 3 to 4 times a week. The workouts are kind of a combo to the prescribed workouts and the V-Challenge. I had already signed up to do this program with a bunch of friends before I started on the V-Diet. I have also been jogging 3 miles every other day.

Second HSM down for the day. Plan to jog 3 miles later this afternoon since it is so pretty outside. Back on track and not looking back!