Biotest

Newb Here! V-Diet for Me?

My friend turned me onto this site and the V-Diet. He tried it with great success now I am seriously considering giving it a go. I don’t think it will be too hard given that every day at work I live on iced coffee (black)and not much else. I’ll force myself to get lunch so I don’t pass out from caffeine anxiety.

I’ve always been super skinny, but never had the look I wanted. Always too much fat. Not enough muscle.

My stats 3 years ago were

Height: 5’6"
Weight: 100lbs
Body Fat %: 28% (I know right? Amazing! 100 pounds and (technically) obese)
Bust: 32"
Waist: 26"
Hips: 36"

Maintenace Calories: ~1800
Recommended Calories: 2300
Weight Loss Calories (1-2lbs per week loss): ~1200

After the 10 personal trainings included in my gym membership I did gain A LOT of muscle, but also fat due to the having to eat 2300 cals/day. I went up in size a tiny bit, but nothing a few weeks of 1200 cals/day couldn’t fix.

This put me up to 120 lbs.

I stayed this weight until going on Paxil; I have gained 20lbs since October (10months!)

My current stats are

Height: 5’6"
Weight: 140lbs
Body Fat %: I’m scared to find out considering I was 28% at only 100lbs
Bust: 34"
Waist: 30"
Hips: 40"

As you can see I have gained 4 inches and 20lbs in the waist/hip area. I am dead set on losing it as I cannot fit in my clothes and refuse to buy more. :slight_smile:

My issue is mostly spending $500 for 28 days of no food. I currently only spend around $170 month for food. With $500 I could buy 11 personal training sessions, get my meal plan, and body and fat measurements. Or I could do the V-Diet. :slight_smile:

Since you sound very very new to training and good nutrition, I’d suggest waiting until you’re more experienced in both. You sound like you have MANY things than can be easily fixed without the extreme V-plan.

And if you decide to spend your V-Diet money on more training, for the luva God don’t take that person’s nutrition advice again!

Thanks for the advice. While I am not a total newb in regards to working out and eating right in general, I’m not getting the results I want. 3 months of counting calories, balancing my protein/carb/fat intake etc…with miniscule results is driving me nuts. I suppose it’s very probable Paxil is keeping me from getting to where I want to be.

I opted for the extreme and spent money on V-Diet. :slight_smile: I will say though the beginners circuit training kicked my ass. I could barely get through the third circuit…my arms are so weak I can’t hold my own body weight. I’ve never been able to do a non-girl pushup in my life.