Biotest

New Velocity Diet Support Group

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
I noticed that there were new V-Dieters out there and decided to make a fresh thread to discuss results, problems and ask questions.

Don’t worry about asking questions either. I’ll answer them if I can and that will prevent people from having to scour a long thread.

I’ll be on the V-Diet until 22nd of august 2006.

I like to call it the ice cream diet just to piss people off. I pretty much make all my shakes into ice cream if possible. That way when I tell people that all I do is eat ice cream and lose 8 # in 4 days they almost slap me ;o)

sound off VDers.

-chris[/quote]

Question:

When trying to maintain my current LBM, should I be worrying about grams per pound 1:1 of LBM or total weight?

im starting a slightly tweeked vd suited to my needs. im starting tomorrow and going till the 3rd. the only thing im changing is every now and then ill have a small meal during the day to keep my sanity. but ill also be able to increase my g-flux(working out 2x a day, football practice, etc.) to compensate for this. im looking to lose a lot of this fat i have.

ill be taking HOT-ROX extreme and bcaa’s, so my calories will be down somewhere btw 15-1800.

im currently 6’2, bout 245 i think. just got back from vacation and ate like a pig, so prob aroun 250

[quote]Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
im starting a slightly tweeked vd suited to my needs. im starting tomorrow and going till the 3rd. the only thing im changing is every now and then ill have a small meal during the day to keep my sanity. but ill also be able to increase my g-flux(working out 2x a day, football practice, etc.) to compensate for this. im looking to lose a lot of this fat i have.

ill be taking HOT-ROX extreme and bcaa’s, so my calories will be down somewhere btw 15-1800.

im currently 6’2, bout 245 i think. just got back from vacation and ate like a pig, so prob aroun 250[/quote]

calories sound drastically low for 2x a day workouts at 250. Did you do the calorie calculations? Thats the amount Chris used at about 70 - 80 pounds lighter.

Depends on how big you are I’d say if you are over 20% body fat then I’d eat for your LBM. If you are any where under 18%ish just eat for you BW total. And going slightly more than 1:1 is ok too. you don’t have to be right on. usually the calories will line up the protein.

-chris

[quote]daltron wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:
I noticed that there were new V-Dieters out there and decided to make a fresh thread to discuss results, problems and ask questions.

Don’t worry about asking questions either. I’ll answer them if I can and that will prevent people from having to scour a long thread.

I’ll be on the V-Diet until 22nd of august 2006.

I like to call it the ice cream diet just to piss people off. I pretty much make all my shakes into ice cream if possible. That way when I tell people that all I do is eat ice cream and lose 8 # in 4 days they almost slap me ;o)

sound off VDers.

-chris

Question:

When trying to maintain my current LBM, should I be worrying about grams per pound 1:1 of LBM or total weight?

[/quote]

Ahh dude, you are going to feel like a sac of smashed testicles if you trian like that on those calories.

The main idea of g-flux is that you consume a ton of calories and spend a ton of calories. This creates an entrophic energy state in your body (theoreticallyish). G-flux uses the thermogenic effect of macro pairings and consumption to lean you out.

The V-diet is a caloric restriction along with macro pairing. The VD is hard to train hard on. you risk the possibility of becoming sick and overtraining (a very real possibility). If you are going to work out 2x/day then keep the volume low. like maybe split one workout inot two sessions. Have you VD’d previously?

-chris

im currently 6’2, bout 245 i think. just got back from vacation and ate like a pig, so prob aroun 250[/quote]

For brakfast this morning id had some green tea ice cream, soooo good, and i got to chew it.

2 handfulls of ice
blend a bit on low to break it up
2 scoop vanilla Metabolic Drive!/MetaDrvie
1 tsp japanese “matcha” green tea powder (get at specialty tea store, often in china town)
blend and slowly pour in a couple ounces of water until it really gets blending
dump in some flax if you want, I love the shit so i go for two servings
If you put in too much water then drop in ice cubes till it’s thick, just don’t put in too much water to start
Bash the ice cubes into the blades with some kind of thing that won’t get messed up of mess up your blender
eat right out of the blender to avoid dishes

OR

light your self some candles and put it in a bowl and have yourself a nice sit down chewable meal.

-chris

I basically eat these types of ice creams all day long unless i’m at work.

Summer is here and it’s time for some cool treats,

Vdiet popsicles/fudgsicles:

1 mini shaker cup
favorite Grow!/Metabolic Drive flavours
water
flax meal (if you want)
popsicle tray and sticks if it doesn’t come with plastic ones

fill up two (2) spots of the tray with water
put one scoop of Grow (and flax if you want) in the shaker.
Dump the water from the tray to the shaker
shake
pour mixture back into the tray
stick sticks in
repeat until all tray spots are full
this way two popsicles make one grow serving

Good flavours are

orange cream flav (I don’t like it except for here)
strawberry banana
choco straw berry
key lime (either lime jello/crystal light powder in vanilla or fresh lime juice and pulp in vanilla
green tea (use powder)
coffee cake (vanilla, cinnamon)
go nuts with crystal light powder and vanilla if you eat aspartame)

Also if you are very clever you can mix half a scoop of one Metabolic Drive flav with half the water from one tray space and pour it in really thick, then do the same for another flav and pour it on top so there are two seperate flavs in one “sicle” chocolate and strawberry work this way. Roll the second flav off of a spoon so it doesn’t mix. have fun with Grow!sicles.

-chris

ya i vd’ed for 11 days, lost 10 lbs. the thing is tho is that one of my workouts a day wont always be weights. one day it could be truck pushes, it could be sprints. im going to adjust my workload by how my body feels.

ya i vd’ed for 11 days, lost 10 lbs. the thing is tho is that one of my workouts a day wont always be weights. one day it could be truck pushes, it could be sprints. im going to adjust my workload by how my body feels. [/quote]

Calories are still insanely low for your bodyweight. Add an extra scoop of protein to each shake I would say.

Sound like a good plan. if you are someone who can accurately tell how they “feel” then pay attention to that. But I know from experience that ones recovery on the VD i suboptimal at best. For example last night I trained MMA and only did 5 rounds of sparring instead of the infinite amount i could have engaged in. Even though I had my PWO nutrition I’m still a little queasy today.

So yeah listen to your body (god that sounds fruity) and be prepared to do some emergency recovery like missing training for a day and over sleeping.

I find the more i train the hungrier I am. During these hungry times when i train for competition my gflux flies. Beware the hunger.

-chris

ya i vd’ed for 11 days, lost 10 lbs. the thing is tho is that one of my workouts a day wont always be weights. one day it could be truck pushes, it could be sprints. im going to adjust my workload by how my body feels. [/quote]

well i got halfway done with the first day of the summer project, and i didnt feel right. i think its a combo of eating a ton of crap the past week(becuase i knew i was going on the vd) and just having a shake before working out.

i bought some fiber tablets, fish oil caps, and some flax oil caps too.

Yeah almost all of CW’s plans are g-flux plans, which means you eat huge amounts of food to make them work. Unlucky, don’t out do yourself, you don’t want to flunk.

-chris

well i got halfway done with the first day of the summer project, and i didnt feel right. i think its a combo of eating a ton of crap the past week(becuase i knew i was going on the vd) and just having a shake before working out.

i bought some fiber tablets, fish oil caps, and some flax oil caps too. [/quote]

i bought some fiber tablets, fish oil caps, and some flax oil caps too. [/quote]

You also might want to transition INTO the diet. Bad things happen to good people when you go from 4000 cals a day to 1800 a day.

well first day done, im sitting here eating a chicken salad after my workout(not ideal, but i figure if i eat my one meal a day before i go to bed it will digest throughout the night). the workout was tough(did Shug’s day 1 workout in his vd blog) but i got through it. will see how i feel tomorrow.

the one thing i remember while on the vd is the terrible sleep i got the first week or so.

Your (sic) kidding? poor sleep? I sleep like a dead baby. I actually slept so good i had a foked up dream last night where my GF’s dad was trying to light me on fire in my sleep. Tonight i plan to go to bed at an astounding 9pm and sleep til like 8. Usually the GF keep me up, crazy woman ;o)

since you need mad sleep on this you should “supplement” your sleep with nyQuil. just one adult dose and you’re in a comma for 12 hours +. just eat (read: drink) right before. Shit mix the NQ with your shake.

If you don’t have the option of eating through recovery then sleep through it.

-chris

well first day done, im sitting here eating a chicken salad after my workout(not ideal, but i figure if i eat my one meal a day before i go to bed it will digest throughout the night). the workout was tough(did Shug’s day 1 workout in his vd blog) but i got through it. will see how i feel tomorrow.

the one thing i remember while on the vd is the terrible sleep i got the first week or so. [/quote]

Well I suppose I’ll tell you how my morning was. SHIIT.

and I don’t mean “super high intensity interval training.”

I mean I missed a shake yesterday night and just went to bed. Holy shit I felt awful this morning. dizzy naseous ugggg.

But after my wicked ass green tea ice cream I feel mucho better. So A word to the wise: Don’t miss that last scoop.

So far (6 days) I’ve droped 10# from 179 to 169. 4 abs visible, still got a bit of a pooch at by belly button. I think that is just cause my abs are lazy. But i’ve noticed that when I try and stick my gut out as far as it can go to check my pecs out It doesn’t go out half as far now. that’s fun so possibly I’m losing “omentum” or deeper fat. we shall see.

-chris

well i should have expounded on what i meant haha. i remember that it would take longer than normal to get to sleep for me, then once i did fall asleep i would wake up the next morning feeling really tired, even if i had just got 8+ hours of sleep. i remember it lasted till day 6 or 7, at least for me. i took some ZMA before i went to bed and fell right asleep

keep up the good work chris

Thanks B4C

We shall see about the good work once I run out of Ephedra. I’ve gone from 3 caps daily to two. Once the Ehedra runs out I’m hitting up the rest of my SAN ‘tight’ yohimbe product. That shit is in herbal powder form and not liquid though so it is potent as hell. I love this old school XXX-burn Ephedra shit though, when dosed right it really is awsome and the anti catabolic effect is hot too.

I’m having my leptin reset tommorow so i’m looking forward to that. I find I always lose a ton of fat the next day if I do some hit. Plus it really steels you mentally for the next week. have fun lads, get lean killas.

-chris

I’m about to start the v-diet next week, and the one thing I am curious about is there anyone else who lifts early in the morning? Like an hour after waking? My question is, should I just have 1/2 my Surge during my workout (first meal) and then the other half PW? Wondering if anyone else has done this and how they felt, with that being the only thing in their body for the workouts.

Thanks for the help and the new thread.

Robb