Biotest

New V-Dieter, Workout Help

Hi all, just in to the diet 3 days, just got back from the gym. Have a few questions on the lifts portions.

A little background. I have only been back to the gym about 2 months, had a 15 month or so down time (when my daughter was born) and gained about 35# of fat and lost some muscle. I want to us this to jump start getting back. I am 5’10" and weigh 245 right now. Have a bench max of 365 flat, incline 315, bent over row under hand 335, DEad lift 405, I mostly use leg press machine and go up to 1210# as I have degeneration in lower spine. Over head press 205.

A year ago I was about 55# stronger across the board and only weighed 210.

I have always lifted a pyramid style with a bunch of rest between sets 3-5mins.

The problem today I changed up to the 45sec interval.
Bench was warm up, then 225x12, x10, x7, 4, 3, 2, 2.
Bent over row 225 x 15, 15, 11
Sled 490 x 10, 10, 8, 6, 6

I felt awful, like the worst sick feeling, hadn’t felt that way since the real stupid days of lifting legs, was a about to puke or pass out feeling. I’m sure it is due to the short rest, but any advice would be great on how to continue. My heart rate was pretty high though I didn’t take it I’d guess ballpark in the 150 range.

Also I started belching up the Flameout I believe that wasn’t the prettiest taste is this normal?

Nice part is my wife is doing this and wee committed for the distance.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Also can you embed youtube videos here if so though my numbers IMO are not big, I can post vids if someone thinks I’m inflating numbers.

how long ago was your last shake with the Flameout prior to your workout?

Are you drinking the Plazma as instructed?

When rest periods are shortened, that’s just what happens when you’re not used to it. You’re deconditioned, which is common for guys who have put a big focus on strength. This is part of why the workout is geared for fat loss - keeps the heart rate up. You’ll get better and probably end up able to use even shorter rest periods. For now, add a little more rest, but not “full recovery” rest.

Take your Flameout just before or while you’re drinking a shake, and keep them in the fridge once opened. That’ll reduce the burps, but that’s just natural when you first start using a fish oil supplement.

[quote]1974tahiti wrote:
Hi all, just in to the diet 3 days, just got back from the gym. Have a few questions on the lifts portions.

A little background. I have only been back to the gym about 2 months, had a 15 month or so down time (when my daughter was born) and gained about 35# of fat and lost some muscle. I want to us this to jump start getting back. I am 5’10" and weigh 245 right now. Have a bench max of 365 flat, incline 315, bent over row under hand 335, DEad lift 405, I mostly use leg press machine and go up to 1210# as I have degeneration in lower spine. Over head press 205.

A year ago I was about 55# stronger across the board and only weighed 210.

I have always lifted a pyramid style with a bunch of rest between sets 3-5mins.

The problem today I changed up to the 45sec interval.
Bench was warm up, then 225x12, x10, x7, 4, 3, 2, 2.
Bent over row 225 x 15, 15, 11
Sled 490 x 10, 10, 8, 6, 6

I felt awful, like the worst sick feeling, hadn’t felt that way since the real stupid days of lifting legs, was a about to puke or pass out feeling. I’m sure it is due to the short rest, but any advice would be great on how to continue. My heart rate was pretty high though I didn’t take it I’d guess ballpark in the 150 range.

Also I started belching up the flameout I believe that wasn’t the prettiest taste is this normal?

Nice part is my wife is doing this and wee committed for the distance.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Also can you embed youtube videos here if so though my numbers IMO are not big, I can post vids if someone thinks I’m inflating numbers.

[/quote]

Yes I took the Plazma as described.

Thanks for the info, glad to hear it is normal expected.

John