Biotest

New V-Dieter...the Journey

Hey guys…been reading about the vdiet for months, and have been wanting to start it since I first heard about it…but due to traveling and other logistics I couldn’t officially start it until one week ago. Ordered all my stuff, and started the diet last Monday. My starting stats were as follows:

weight-217.6 lbs

• Around the largest part of your belly/love-handle area- 42in
  • Upper leg (thigh)-26in
  • Lower leg (calf)-18in
  • Ankle-11in
  • Chest: Across nipple line-43in
  • Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area)38in
  • Upper arm-15.5in
  • Neck -16in

consuming 1550 cals on nonworkout days
and 1850 on workout days. Starting pics to follow (took them a week ago)

Pics taken august 3rd, not very proud of them
front view

side view

back view

So week one was pretty rough. Well the first few days at least. Cycling 4 flavors you would think would give you a lot of variety but when you’re having 5 shakes a day that isn’t really the case.

The HOT-ROX has been making my sternal area very warm and almost like a nausea feeling, but not in my stomach…just the sternal area. Very weird, but it only lasts for 20 mins or so then it’s gone. The HOT-ROX doesn’t make me jittery or anything which is good.

I’m a pharmacy student intern at walgreens (going to be a pharmacist next year god willing :wink: ) and am doing my rotations right now. So I bring my shakes to work with me and slam them down with water every few hours.

Everyone thinks I’m torturing myself, but I shrug it off. This is something I decided I’m 100% going to take care of, and don’t give a damn if it kills me.

Been trying to hermit myself away when I’m not out at work all day, but I went out with some friends to a comedy club last night, and only had a diet coke at dinner with them beforehand. I realized I can still have a social life even doing the V-diet.

It does get rough when my roomate is constantly cooking tasty food downstairs, but my will is stronger than my stomach at the moment. Approaching Sunday of the first week (today), I was really starting to look forward to the steak I’m going to have tonight. I fully agree that this is what’s going to get me through the diet.

The Nepa walks have been ok to say the least. I walk about 2 miles everyday at a brisk pace, and it’s becoming my time to reflect on all things life.

It’s tough when everyone around you is telling you this is a rediculous diet and you should just eat solid food healthy, but they don’t understand I’ve tried that so many times only to fail within the first month due to horrible food cravings (cake, icecream, etc. )

I’ve realized already within the first week that my cravings for sweets have all but been vanquished. I just want some healthy meat and some vegetables or fruits!! I never thought I’d stop craving those foods but it’s already starting.

After weigh in and measurements this morning:
weight- 209.4 (-8.2lbs)

• Around the largest part of your belly/love-handle area- 41in (-1in)
  • Upper leg (thigh)-26in (no chance)
  • Lower leg (calf)-17in (-1in)
  • Ankle-11in (no change)
  • Chest: Across nipple line-42in (-1in)
  • Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area)37in (-1in)
  • Upper arm-15in (-.5in)
  • Neck -16in (no change)

So 8lbs and about an inch off the gut. A little discouraging since I’ve been following Gus Pacho’s transformation to a T and he blew off 11 pounds in the first week. I know everyone is different, but I was hoping for at least 10 pounds.

Oh well, just means I’m gonna have to push it harder in the gym. The v-diet workouts really are kicking my ass. Been doing the intermediate workouts even though i feel like I could handle the advanced, and they’re really destroying me.

The lack of rest time is depleting all the energy I have for the workouts. It’s hard to go heavy when I don’t have enough time to catch my breath and get some water! pics to follow

Week 1 progress (if you can call it that…I see no change at all) pictures:
Front view

Side view

and back view =(

so week 1 coming to a close tonight, very much looking forward to my steak at outback even though I don’t feel like I deserve it. Hopefully week 2 will hold better results than week 1. Should I be modifying the calories at all? 1550 too much?

Dinner at outback tonight…9oz filet w/ blue cheese, house salad with balsamic vinegar, small sweet potato + green beans. Excellence…

there is a small difference in your side on pic, keep up with it, only take steps forward, never take steps backwards or sideways. dont let anything distract you and keep positive thoughts

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
there is a small difference in your side on pic, keep up with it, only take steps forward, never take steps backwards or sideways. dont let anything distract you and keep positive thoughts[/quote]

Ya, there isn’t a huge difference in the side picture, but it’s there. I can really see the difference in your chin and that you are starting to see where it should begin.

Just as Jtg said, keep up the work and be sure to stay to the diet!

There is some change noticeable, but then again I didn’t seem to change much after the first week - I seemed to change most on the 2nd week, which was when I lost the least weight!

Oh, and whoever buys your shorts for you - stop them! lol

thanks for the positive comments guys, much appreciated! Back to the grind tomorrow

[quote]Silent_Bob wrote:

Oh, and whoever buys your shorts for you - stop them! lol[/quote]

yeah they’re pretty hideous huh? haha, I keep those hidden if I’m expecting company :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hope you got your steak and green beans cooked without butter! cuz fyi that’s what they cook it with. i went there for one of my hsms and asked the dude if they cook it in anything because the calories count said 970 or something for a 9 oz tenderloin, i thought to myself no fucking way this has 970 calories. but alas, the butter is the culprit.

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
hope you got your steak and green beans cooked without butter! cuz fyi that’s what they cook it with. i went there for one of my hsms and asked the dude if they cook it in anything because the calories count said 970 or something for a 9 oz tenderloin, i thought to myself no fucking way this has 970 calories. but alas, the butter is the culprit.[/quote]

ouch! I guess I gotta keep that in mind for next week, and cook my own instead! Only up .3 lbs this morn so not bad after that meal. I’ll walk an extra 2 miles today to compensate…thanks for the tip cloud, you definitely saved me some calories next week.

First day of week 2:
Cake.

I think i’m in automatic robotic mode now. Shakes don’t bother me, workout was amazing…had so much energy. Perhaps it was yesterday’s steak that revitalized me…we’ll see if the energy holds out through the rest of the week. Looking forward to more weight loss and less cravings for shitty food.

Day 9: Getting a little harder now. Not so much the hunger, but I’m really craving some more meat and vegetables. Oh well. I have no doubt I’m gonna stick it out. being 1/3 done is motivation enough. Time for my walk.