Biotest

New to V-Diet.. Question

Can I eat a steak once a day while doing the V-Diet? I just started it 2 days ago… down 4 pounds already. Started at 220… serious fatass! I want to get to 198… wait… I will get to 198! I lifted weights for 2 1/2 years until last June when I messed up my shoulders doing dips… didnt do crap for the last 9 months and got seriously fat eating like I was lifting still and now miraculously I am fat again… how did that happen?

Anyhow, I am doing the V-Diet and wondering if I can eat some eggs, steak… MEAT!!! while doing it? BTW, as I sit here typing this I can see the reflection of my face and neck in the computer screen and 2 or 3 chins are staring back at me???

Thanks,
Jed… formerly J rock

If you eat steak every day, then you’re not on the V-Diet.

For best results on the V-Diet, do the V-Diet.

so no other foods, just the protein powders (shakes) 5 times a day? Sorry I just want to make sure I am doing it right, and there were no instructions in the box that arrives on my door.

[quote]jedpac wrote:
so no other foods, just the protein powders (shakes) 5 times a day? Sorry I just want to make sure I am doing it right, and there were no instructions in the box that arrives on my door.[/quote]

Your diet is online. Follow the tabs starting here: http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0

How exactly did you order the V-Diet without being on the V-Diet page, using the calculator that spits out your program, etc.? I’m not being facetious, just making sure there’s not a flaw in our system.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]jedpac wrote:
so no other foods, just the protein powders (shakes) 5 times a day? Sorry I just want to make sure I am doing it right, and there were no instructions in the box that arrives on my door.[/quote]

Your diet is online. Follow the tabs starting here: http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0

How exactly did you order the V-Diet without being on the V-Diet page, using the calculator that spits out your program, etc.? I’m not being facetious, just making sure there’s not a flaw in our system.

[/quote]
I bought it from this site. I understand now… just as printed on the program that I put my weight/height info into and gave me caloric requirements for the meals/day… that answers my question… 5 shakes a day, no more, no less… correct?
Thanks for information.
Jed

[quote]
I bought it from this site. I understand now… just as printed on the program that I put my weight/height info into and gave me caloric requirements for the meals/day… that answers my question… 5 shakes a day, no more, no less… correct?
Thanks for information.
Jed[/quote]

Yes, just follow the printout the V-Diet calculator provides you, but be sure to read the whole program (click every tab), here: http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0

Did you buy from that link or from the store link here? http://www.t-nation.com/store/categories/velocity-diet.jsp

The latter is not the full program. That may be causing some confusion. If so, sorry about that.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

I will keep you posted…
3 years ago I joined a boot camp and lost 47 pounds in a year. After about 8 months I also started lifting weights, doing a 5x5 program… I was very weak starting out, but added 5 pounds each M W F work out… I made nice progress until this last June when I strained my right shoulder badly doing dips.

At that time I had a 1RM squat of 405, DL of 500, bench of 275… all at age of 45, now age 46 and having a difficult time getting back in gym. I think it has to do with idea of starting over, maybe not wanting to get hurt again… not sure. At any rate, I thought shedding some lbs and getting motivated with visual change would help.

Thanks for the program. I bought it off the main T nation page and didnt see the whole V diet page until last night.

Jed

[quote]jedpac wrote:
I will keep you posted…
3 years ago I joined a boot camp and lost 47 pounds in a year. After about 8 months I also started lifting weights, doing a 5x5 program… I was very weak starting out, but added 5 pounds each M W F work out… I made nice progress until this last June when I strained my right shoulder badly doing dips. At that time I had a 1RM squat of 405, DL of 500, bench of 275… all at age of 45, now age 46 and having a difficult time getting back in gym. I think it has to do with idea of starting over, maybe not wanting to get hurt again… not sure. At any rate, I thought shedding some lbs and getting motivated with visual change would help.

Thanks for the program. I bought it off the main T nation page and didnt see the whole V diet page until last night.

Jed[/quote]

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Be sure to start a log and get those tape measurements done before beginning. Those little tricks will greatly increase your chances of success on the plan. Here’s the forum for V-Diet logs:

Chris,
The “organic” peanut butter I bought has 190 calories per 2 table spoons, it does not separate into oil and says it doesn’t need to be refrigerated? Is this the wrong type? I am paranoid that I will sabotage myself. What happens if I have a bite of food… tonight I had one bite of hashbrown/steak/cheese in a skillet that I made for my family… It just looked soooooo good. Will one bite sabotage me for the whole day?

Can I do my 5x5 program instead of the V-Diet exercises? I want to get back at it, and get my numbers back up and it is a butt kicking workout.

Thanks,
Jed

1. From the V-Diet plan: “Any nut butter is fine – peanut, almond, walnut, macadamia, cashew, etc. – but it must be natural. Natural peanut butter, for example, must be stirred (as the oil separates). The ingredient list should include just two items: “peanuts, salt.” Natural nut butters must also be kept in the fridge after opening.”

So, turn the jar around and read the ingredients.

Sounds like you got regular peanut butter and fell for the “organic” trick i.e. “organic” does not necessarily mean heathy. Plenty of sugar-filled, bad-for-you organic foods out there.

1. If you cheat on the diet you basically “re-set” the 21 day period it takes to kick bad food cravings and habits. You need 21 straight days or so of cold turkey to get this effect. One bite may not ruin the fat loss aspects (doesn’t help either), but it does sabotage the food-addiction-killing effects of the V-Diet.

2. For best results in fat loss, without over or under-training, use the workout plan provided. A 5 x 5 plan is okay, but it’s not a fat-loss specific training plan designed for someone on the V-Diet. The plan that’s included in the V-Diet is.