Biotest

New to V-Diet. Making Progress?

I’m new to the diet. Following it exactly. Not feeling hungry at all. Workouts at the gym leave me pretty sweaty and feeling content. Weighed myself for the second time after my initial weighing in and have lost 4 lbs. Does this sound like I am on target with the weight loss?

[quote]Northman wrote:
I’m new to the diet. Following it exactly. Not feeling hungry at all. Workouts at the gym leave me pretty sweaty and feeling content. Weighed myself for the second time after my initial weighing in and have lost 4 lbs. Does this sound like I am on target with the weight loss? [/quote]

Since you’ve weighed twice that means you just started your second week? ( you’re only supposed to weigh once a week )

How tall are you, how much did you weigh are some good thins to provide us.

With that said it’s hard to track exactly how much you should be losing. “Experts” claim safe maximum loss a week is 2 pounds.

I’m 5’6", 56 years old and started out at 180 lbs. Also, I’m further into my second week so I could do my weight on my solid meal day. My goal is to work my way back to the 160 lb range.

Answer these questions:

Starting body weight: 180
Current body weight( on day 14 or 21, empty stomach first thing in the morning):

Buy a stop watch- if you’re doing the V-Diet workouts you shouldn’t feel content, you should be worn out to the max.

I suggest starting a log and keeping pictures ( whether online or not ) to help gauge progress. Tell us what time you’ve had your shakes, etc in the log. The v-diet works, just trust in it and make sure you’re doing the workouts properly.

Once we see how much you’ve lost after a week or 2 weeks or even 3 we’ll know if it’s working better. What was your first HSM?

Also if your goal is to get 160, you’ve done 1/5th of it already by going from 180-176.

I’ll do the log as you suggested. It is hard to be strict about the three hours between meals due to the work schedule I have. I still don’t have a problem with hunger pangs in spite of that. I didn’t mention I am doing the Intermediate program. Might I need to go to the Advanced? I do the exercises with the proper rests in between. I do thrust the diet, I can see progress.

My first HSM was steak, green salad, steamed spinach and baked potato. No desert because I was too full. Second HSM was the similar except I had steamed broccoli and blueberries for desert. Friday the 12th of August will be my third HSM. In both meals I used olive oil on the salad and baked potato and I haven’t been too concerned about portion size except for the potato. It has been my intention to keep the meals the same.

Then take your weight measurement this weekend first thing in the AM after you wake and a BM and urination. ( don’t drink anything either )

If you’re following proper tempo and rest you should be fine.

I’m sure you’re progressing just nicely. Don’t worry about the scale until this weekend, and even then it’s just a quick progress check, the real judge is mirror and how you feel.

As stated, if you are feeling ‘content’ after your workouts - they are not being done as prescribed. You should be doing enough weight per excercise so that your rep count decreases with each set. If you’re doing 5 sets of 5 reps for a 25 rep total, add more weight. Rest periods between sets should be followed to a T. Doing the workouts this way will leave anyone exhausted by the end because you’re working to your full potential - no matter what shape you’re in.

Stick with the diet and follow the plan - it will work for you.