Biotest

New to V-Diet, Have a Few Questions

I am doing the V-Diet and had a few questions on the diet and workout program. I am currently 5 Days into the diet.

How much would the diet be effected if I use the Metabolic Drive protein for 2-3 shakes a day but while I am at work 1 or 2 shakes I am using the EAS Advant Edge Carb Control Shakes? I looked at the nutrition facts and they seem pretty close to the same stats.

As far as the milled flax seed. Is it extremely important to take, I blanked on it these first few days and have not added it to my shakes.

As workouts go, right now through these first 5 days with just the shakes, I have plenty of energy and feel full, and I do enjoy working out 5 days per week, I was wanting to do the advanced V-Diet workout program M/W/F and the the Spartacus 2.0 workout for cardio TU/TH with having SAT/SUN as my off days. will this be on ok system to use with this diet. I know its a little more then was shown on the program, but will I see ill effects from going this hard?

One last question, I like to sit in the sauna for 15-20 min after a workout, is that ok on this diet/workout program?

Any help would be great!

[quote]cjwilliams0013 wrote:
I am doing the V-Diet and had a few questions on the diet and workout program. I am currently 5 Days into the diet.

How much would the diet be effected if I use the Metabolic Drive protein for 2-3 shakes a day but while I am at work 1 or 2 shakes I am using the EAS Advant Edge Carb Control Shakes? I looked at the nutrition facts and they seem pretty close to the same stats.

As far as the milled flax seed. Is it extremely important to take, I blanked on it these first few days and have not added it to my shakes.

As workouts go, right now through these first 5 days with just the shakes, I have plenty of energy and feel full, and I do enjoy working out 5 days per week, I was wanting to do the advanced V-Diet workout program M/W/F and the the Spartacus 2.0 workout for cardio TU/TH with having SAT/SUN as my off days. will this be on ok system to use with this diet. I know its a little more then was shown on the program, but will I see ill effects from going this hard?

One last question, I like to sit in the sauna for 15-20 min after a workout, is that ok on this diet/workout program?

Any help would be great! [/quote]

They aren’t the same so results might vary, we know the program works with low carb MD in all the shakes.

So as of this moment you are not doing the V-diet, you’re doing your own thing.

[quote]
As far as the milled flax seed. Is it extremely important to take, I blanked on it these first few days and have not added it to my shakes. [/quote]
It’s important, but not extremely- the original v-diet didnt’ have flax I don’t think, but it’s not enough fat otherwise.

I would only recommend doing the full Vdiet workout and nothing extra other than NEPA, results could vary.

Again if you do this you wont be doing the Vdiet at all anymore.

Don’t quote me on this but I think anything past 5 minutes is actually bad for hormone levels, so doing it right after workout isn’t a good idea.

Ron, sometimes people are asking questions to Chris and you are responding as if you have written the V-Diet. I’m going to correct a few of your statements:

1. you state that the OP isn’t doing the V-Diet. Sorry dude, many people have done the V-Diet using various protein sources. I have done it many times and I use Biotest out of convenience, but your response has rubbed me the wrong way, because it is incorrect.

2. Other activity besides NEPA. Even Chris has softened on this, so yes the OP can do something else and it is STILL the V-Diet. Everyone’s results may vary.

Chris is now recommending a two week V-Diet with pulse fasts every Mon/Thursday. Then one week of HSM’s, then repeat. Now if someone else had posted this you might have jumped in with your opinions and state that so and so is “just doing their own thing”.

I’m sure people would appreciate your advice, you have overcome quite a number of hurdles and that is admirable, but let’s try and not be so judgemental when giving it. After all, some of them have more years of training then you. You’ve done a great job but frankly your a relative newby yourself.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]cjwilliams0013 wrote:

Any help would be great! [/quote]

They aren’t the same so results might vary, we know the program works with low carb MD in all the shakes.

So as of this moment you are not doing the V-diet, you’re doing your own thing.

[quote]
As far as the milled flax seed. Is it extremely important to take, I blanked on it these first few days and have not added it to my shakes. [/quote]
It’s important, but not extremely- the original v-diet didnt’ have flax I don’t think, but it’s not enough fat otherwise.

I would only recommend doing the full Vdiet workout and nothing extra other than NEPA, results could vary.

Again if you do this you wont be doing the Vdiet at all anymore.

Don’t quote me on this but I think anything past 5 minutes is actually bad for hormone levels, so doing it right after workout isn’t a good idea.[/quote]