Biotest

New to Supplements

Need some advice on which supplements to start and when to eat before and after workouts. Currently have been doing CrossFit for 2 years 3-4 days per week. Ive been doing IF every day, 20 hours per day for 11 months, now doing CF completely fasted and feel terrible while working out. I’ve also gained, yes gained, about 5 lbs of fat since I’ve been fasting. I’m not taking any supplements. I’m willing to eat before and after workouts and not fast I just don’t know how to implement food and supplements since I’ve been fasting so long. I’m 37 years old, I take Thyroid meds for hypothyroidism, I’m 5’1 and 119 lbs. I about 26% BF. Would like to reduce BF by a few pounds. Where should I start with supplements?

It’s nice to read that you’re open to trying new things. And you’re right; you’ll definitely want to start including workout nutrition. I’d check out either Surge Recovery or Surge Workout Fuel for before and during your training.

Ideally, you would want to follow that up with a serving of Mag-10 30 minutes to an hour after your workout.

What does the rest of your diet look like while fasting?

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to chat with me. Before fasting I made much better food choices but to be honest I’ve always used exercise to “eat what I want”. Only recently has this back fired for me. Since I started fasting I have eaten things I haven’t eaten in years. Cake, donuts, and such. I realized this was not working about 8-9 months into fasting and for the last few months I have dialed my nutrition in better. I started food journaling and I get adequate amounts of protein but fats are through the roof (and calories when I have a binge).

Also, I tend to track well throughout the week then binge on cookies and cake on the weekends. Mind you all along I’m fasting 20 hours per day which gives me false security about the amount of food I can eat since it’s “only 1 meal a day”. The thing I’m truly ignorant on is when to fuel my body before and after workouts and with what types of food and supplements.

Currently I will CF about 16 hours fasted and still not eat for about 4 more hours. I’m dragging, I’m tired, and my body comp is struggling. Thank you for the supplement feedback. I’m going to order those and try this approach.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.