Biotest

New to Indigo

So I’ve decided to try out Indigo finally. My main goal here is improving body composition. I would put fat lose ahead of muscle gains if I had to choose. Im 5’10" 170-175lbs, around 15-17% BF. I work out 4-5 times a week 2 dedicated heavy days with sprints at the end, and 2 dedicated explosive days (olympic) with some volume work at the end.
My main question come with nutrition, and mainly the prei-work out. I plan on consuming 200-300g of carbs a day, I just don’t know what the key number of carbs is pre work out and post work out. Is 100g (from oatmeal or rice cereal) an hour before sufficient? (or even too much?) Followed by 25-50g of carbs with protein post work out?
I will not be using plazma, for cost reasons.

Any insight on the recommend peri work out and post work out carb consumption (quantity and type) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you’re aiming for fat loss, it wouldn’t hurt to have most of your carbs around training, similar to what you mentioned. This article talks about some specific numbers of carbs/protein for peri-workout nutrition - before, during, and right after training.

Undertandable, but Surge Workout Fuel would still be ideal in this situation. A lot of similar ingredients and more economical.

So lets assume I don’t use any other work out supps, would eating about 50 grams of oats and a banana or fruit an hour before a work out be ok? or Will I really see much better results with the branched dextrin. I just struggle with spending the extra money on the surge or plazma considering if I want to do it right that would be 2 servings every work out day which is about 10 servings a week meaning Im spending 50 bucks a week for 8 weeks plus the 250 i just shelled out. Just want to get a sense if people use indigo with just whole food and get good results or if its just not even worth the trouble and go right to surge or plazma.

[quote=“snantermet, post:3, topic:6360”]
would eating about 50 grams of oats and a banana or fruit an hour before a work out be ok?[/quote]

Not really. The first article I linked above discusses why. Basically, a carb-rich whole food meal before training will allow insulin to spike before training and then dip mid-workout which sets up a less-than-ideal training scenario.

Would you see better results working out with a backpack full of textbooks in your basement or with free weights, racks, and cable machines in a fully equipped commercial gym? Same kind of idea.

The most effective way is to balance both, like a whole food meal with protein and carbs 2-ish hours before training and then workout nutrition closer to, and during, the session.

[quote]Just want to get a sense if people use indigo with just whole food and
get good results or if its just not even worth the trouble and go right
to surge or plazma.[/quote]
Most people who invest in Indigo have workout nutrition in order, and that’s generally the level of priority we suggest. You can look around the forum, but I can’t think of many people using Indigo and no workout nutrition/only whole foods around training.

Also and importantly, with Surge Workout Fuel, one scoop per workout is a standard serving so one bag will last 22 workouts.

Okay lol so I just bought surge, Im thinking 2 scoops before/ during my work out. So as far as carbs go for the rest of the day, would you recommend 200g all around the work out? and few the rest of the day. For example 2 scoops puts me at about 50g then a meal after of about 50g of rice and some lean protein. Then keep my carbs low the rest of the day?

Pretty much. The idea of “plenty of carbs around training, less throughout the day” works for getting lean. It lets you train under optimal conditions and set the stage for maximal recovery while still letting the body get into fat loss mode.

Especially on the days you lift and do sprints, it sounds like you’re doing enough work to “earn” those carbs. If you had a different split with more small bodypart sessions (like a day for just triceps and calves, for example), then it’d be harder to justify a ton of carbs around that kind of workout.

Great thanks! Im day 2 into my indigo and today I felt a difference in how long I could go until I burned out. Waiting on the surge but I had some mag 10 intra work out and some rice before.

I got my Biotest order today and will start tomorrow my “Indigo-3G/Plazma/Mag-10”-combo.
The article is very useful, thank you.
But I’ve read that Indigo-3G should be taken 30minutes ahead of pre-workout Plazma.
From the article I would understand that one should take the Indigo-3G with the Plazma…
"Fifteen minutes before the workout, the lifter ingests another 35 to 40 grams of a special functional carbohydrate blend and another 15 to 20 grams of quick-acting protein. For example, Plazma™.

If the lifter wants to further enhance the anabolic effects of insulin, he’d also ingest cyanin 3-glucoside (Indigo-3G®) at this time. "

Our is this a misinterpretation of mine?

Greetings! Question about timing my Indigo on double workout days

I am a 38 year old female, sitting around 33% BF last time I was tested (back in Feb 2016 I think)

Currently counting my macros on a cut program to lose some of my fluff
1800 calories a day, 210 of it carbs

My workouts consist of rucking, weight lifting (yes, heavy), CrossFit and yoga

After my workouts, I take a serving of Vega Sport Recovery with 1/2 a serving of Cytomax Carb powder. The rest of my carbs are spread as evenly as I can throughout the day

My question is this - do I want to take my Indigo 30 minutes before I plan on having my post-workout shake (so mid-workout) or 30 minutes before I eat real food? As a rule, I try and eat a real meal within an hour or less of my workout…usually because I am STARVING

TIA, I appreciate the assistance!

Ann

Have the Indigo a half-hour before training, and move your shake from after training to during. This article explains why having workout nutrition before and during training is more effective than having it afterwards.

Also, I double-checked the stuff you’re using. You’re getting basically no protein (4g? That’s nowhere near useful for repairing muscles after lifting) and some carb sources that are less-than-ideal. Surge Workout Fuel is better designed with more effective ingredients to maximize Indigo, plus it would end up being less expensive than getting those two you’re using separately.

Having the drink during training will also help with this.

Might be the wrong stuff Chris - the Vega Sport protein has 30g of protein per scoop

I eat an average of 140-150g of protein per day

Just ordered my first dose of Indigo 3G, hoping for the best outcome, my question is why am i not hearing a whole lot about it other places? why is it only sold on the biotest site? and honestly what got me hooked was the T Nation article with Brian Cushing. I am a football player as well as Olmypic Lifter / Crossfit, formerly a norm body building lifter and have tried a bunch of legal supplements and there really has never been anything that has lived up to the hype, I know that is partly marketing and people have different reactions to supplements, but really I am hoping for the best and hoping a didnt get duped by a product so pricey for only 15 servings… again hoping for the best