Biotest

New to indigo 3G

Hey everyone.

I just purchased indigo 3G, plasma and Carbolin 19 for the first time.

I’m coming of a low carb diet similar to what John Berardi explained in the get shredded diet on here and most of the time I use a lower carb/ carb cycle approach. And generally back loading carbs when I do eat them.

What’s the best way to go about adding theses three in and adding carbs in? And should I slowly work up my carb and calorie intake with it being very low ATM.
I’m going to be going on to two a day training. Low rep strength work in the morning with hypertrophy giant sets in the pm. So obviously cals and carbs would come up naturally.

Currently weigh about 74kg at 9-10% body fat. Looking to gain size and obviously minimise fat gain, if not get a bit leaner

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

First, remember that it’s virtually impossible to gain body fat from the carbs in <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma. In fact, they are thermic in nature. But since you’re very used to low carbs, you might THINK you are: glycogen restoration, scale weight will go up etc. So really, adding back in good carbs is going to psychologically test you more than anything else. And the solution to that is basically: get over it. :slight_smile: Focus on the ability to train harder, recover faster, and gain muscle rather than scale weight, which will be wonky for a while. Remember, it’s going to be glycogen, fuller muscles, new muscle growth etc. anyway.

That aside, is your plan to use Plazma twice per day since you’re training twice per day? If so, you may find that the only additional carbs you need at the moment are from Plazma. You could use fewer servings in the AM strength session (unless you’re otherwise fasted, then use more) then full servings for the hypertrophy session. Do that for a couple of weeks then begin adding in whole-food carbs.

With <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G, everything is going to shuttled to muscle instead of fat storage anyway, but again it’s a psychological thing. Chronic lower carbers are like crack addicts - it’s very tough for them to come off (I used to be one, I know.)

Generally, we recommend people get at least 200-300 carbs per day when using Indigo-3G, counting workout nutrition (Plazma.) I personally keep those “clean” (rice, potato, Finibars etc. no wheat products). Many Indigo-3G users can hit 500 or more carbs per day without fat gain. Most people do “work up” to those numbers, but many also regret not jumping in and taking advantage of Indigo-3G faster. Yet again, it’s often a mental game with low carbers who are nervous about adding carbs back in.

As for Carbolin-19, just follow the label directions.

You’ll find your sweet spot with whole food carbs and Plazma usage after a few weeks. Indigo alone forces us to throw out many of our old “rules” about staying lean and gaining muscle, so it’ll take some experimentation to find your sweet spot.

so with Indigo 3G i basically eat carbs and no worries?

Thanks for the reply Chris.

That helps a lot.

The plan was to add the plasma just to the PM session as the AM sessions won’t be very glycogen depleting and i will be training fed not fasted.

Yes a lot of it is mindset with the carbs i know, trying to kick that habit so starting with adding in intra workout when they are least likely to be stored as fat.

I always keep my carbs to good quality sources when i do use them so thats not a problem. Is back loading the carbs when adding whole food sources in fine or is pre workout better?

With Carbolin 19 19 - i like to have a cup or 2 of coffee and some green tea in the morning, is that okay to have with Carbolin 19? or best to split them up, have coffee/tea in the morning and Carbolin 19 later in the day?

Thanks again for your help!

[quote]markcrisp wrote:
so with Indigo 3G i basically eat carbs and no worries?[/quote]

Choose quality carbs (and you’ll find you can eat a lot more than you previously could and they’ll go toward building muscle and not stored as fat (in laymen’s terms.)

For example, I went from 100-150g of carbs per day (anything more and I’d gain fat quickly) to at least 400 or so. I stayed lean and built muscle more easily. Truly a miracle for a former fat boy like me who was skeered of carbs for a long time.

[quote]mgwalsh10 wrote:
Is back loading the carbs when adding whole food sources in fine or is pre workout better?

With Carbolin 19 19 - i like to have a cup or 2 of coffee and some green tea in the morning, is that okay to have with Carbolin 19? or best to split them up, have coffee/tea in the morning and Carbolin 19 later in the day?

[/quote]

1. “Peri” is far superior, meaning before, during and after (basically how you use Plazma) Here’s a great article that gets into the nitty gritty science: http://www.t-nation.com/supplements/what-you-dont-know-about-workout-supplementation

2. For <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/carbolin-19"target=“new”>Carbolin 19, it’s two servings per day about 6 hours apart.

While it can have some stimulatory effects, they seem to be pretty mild with most people, so the coffee is probably fine.

One note, with Indigo-3G there are some compounds in tea that could hamper the effects of the Indigo. Best to skip tea or at least have it a few hours away from an Indigo dose, just to be sure.

Thanks Chris, look forward to getting started with it!