Biotest

New Supps

I did the V-diet as written about two years ago and have managed to put some pounds back on. A lot of new and better supplements have been introduced since then. What would be your supplement recommendations now in addition to Low Carb MD, specifically, still HOT-ROX and Surge Recovery or something different?

Yes, I would tweak some things. For example, we now know that pre and during workout nutrition is even more important that post. Many V-Dieters already sip their Surge Recovery during training, but we have specialized formulas now designed just for that: Anaconda and Plazma. So I’d suggest one of those over “old school” Surge Recovery. It worked, but we have things now that work even better.

I’d still recommend HOT-ROX and Metabolic Drive Low Carb. I’m also thinking of working in MAG-10 pulses on special days. For example, I’d “kick-start” a V-Diet with a day where you only drink MAG-10 pulses, something we call the Pulse Fast. Drink a serving every two waking hours for example, no solid food that day. Begin and end a V-Diet with a Pulse Fast day. With that method, a V-Diet could be shorter and I believe just as effective. So perhaps you’d have a Pulse Fast day, two weeks of V-Dieting, then another Pulse Day and the diet is over.

After a V-Diet, I’d suggest Indigo-3G.

We need to do some more research and testing of course, but this is where I’m leaning if there’s going to be a new V-Diet.

Thanks, Chris. On a bit of a budget so Anaconda and MAG-10 both is out of reach. What about MAG-10 and Workout Fuel instead of classic Recovery?
Also, would you recommend doing a V-Diet Lite for a second two weeks as a sort of transition?

You need some carbs in there, so Surge Workout Fuel would be better during weight training. A pulse of MAG-10 after weight training would be a nice stack.

Yes, “Lite” version would be a good transition.

[quote]bpfsu wrote:
I did the V-diet as written about two years ago and have managed to put some pounds back on. A lot of new and better supplements have been introduced since then. What would be your supplement recommendations now in addition to Low Carb MD, specifically, still HOT-ROX and Surge Recovery or something different? [/quote]

We added in some Pulse Fasts/Feasts with Mag-10 on last years modified V-Diet…check it out here: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/vdiet_extreme?pageNo=0#5234801

Results were pretty awesome! (and quicker!)

This time we’re adding in Mag-10 pulses and using Anaconda as our peri instead of the Surge…

9am Mag-10 Pulse
10:30am Breakfast Shake
12:30pm Start Ananconda Peri
1:00 - 2:00pm workout w/ Anaconda
2:45pm MAG-10 Pulse
3:45pm MAG-10 Pulse (or lunch shake depending on how we feel each day)
6:00pm Dinner Shake
9:00pm Bedtime Shake, natural PB

The plan is flexible so I’d recommend experimenting with the newer supps to see what works for you and how you feel…but I’d try to stay around your daily macros based on the V-Diet calculator.

[quote]Evan@Tischer wrote:

[quote]bpfsu wrote:
I did the V-diet as written about two years ago and have managed to put some pounds back on. A lot of new and better supplements have been introduced since then. What would be your supplement recommendations now in addition to Low Carb MD, specifically, still HOT-ROX and Surge Recovery or something different? [/quote]

We added in some Pulse Fasts/Feasts with MAG-10 on last years modified V-Diet…check it out here: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/vdiet_extreme?pageNo=0#5234801

This time we’re adding in MAG-10 pulses and using Anaconda as our peri instead of the Surge…

9am MAG-10 Pulse

The plan is flexible so I’d recommend experimenting with the newer supps to see what works for you and how you feel…but I’d try to stay around your daily macros based on the V-Diet calculator.

[/quote]

Are you making number-of-shake adjustments based on just calories or are you looking at protein intake (I’m never sure what people mean when they say ‘macros’)?

In other words, if the V-Diet calc tells me 10 scoops of MD a day, should I adjust that number if I want to use Anaconda + MAG-10 (I haven’t looked at the cal different btw Anaconda and S. Recover - I’m assuming they’re close). And then, if I want more Mag-10, do I need to further adjust that number (like what you’re saying for the 3:45 slot) - or is it acceptable to keep the same MD intake and ALSO add another Mag-10 hit?

[quote]piccit wrote:

[quote]bpfsu wrote:

We added in some Pulse Fasts/Feasts with MAG-10 on last years modified V-Diet…check it out here: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/vdiet_extreme?pageNo=0#5234801

This time we’re adding in MAG-10 pulses and using Anaconda as our peri instead of the Surge…

9am MAG-10 Pulse

[/quote]

Are you making number-of-shake adjustments based on just calories or are you looking at protein intake (I’m never sure what people mean when they say ‘macros’)?

In other words, if the V-Diet calc tells me 10 scoops of MD a day, should I adjust that number if I want to use Anaconda + MAG-10 (I haven’t looked at the cal different btw Anaconda and S. Recover - I’m assuming they’re close). And then, if I want more MAG-10, do I need to further adjust that number (like what you’re saying for the 3:45 slot) - or is it acceptable to keep the same MD intake and ALSO add another MAG-10 hit?[/quote]

By macros I was referring to your daily calories, protein, fat, carbs, and fiber grams - if you print your vdiet menu it’s calculated by your bodyweight and listed at the top right for both workout and non-workout days. We used the info from the MAG-10 and Anaconda labels to figure out how the susbstituting would affect these overall #s - the goal was to stay pretty close.

While our overall #s are slightly higher than just using all V-Diet shakes, we’re pretty confident in these supps and think this plan will work as well as, if not better than the original. MAG-10 and Anaconda are really great supps - and I’ve felt really, really good thus far only being a week in, and already down 10 lbs. G’luck!

9am MAG-10 Pulse

[/quote]

You still plan on doing two Pulse Fasts a week or just the Pulses during the day?

[quote]bpfsu wrote:

9am MAG-10 Pulse

[/quote]

You still plan on doing two Pulse Fasts a week or just the Pulses during the day?
[/quote]

Just the pulses during the day this time. We might throw a couple in towards the end and/or transition period if we aren’t down to where we want to be - but I don’t think we’ll need them.