Biotest

New Metabolic Drive Protein Packaging?

I was over in the Biotest store and I noticed that MD Protein powder product page showed the protein in some kind of large zip lock bag and not the usual hard plastic cannister. Does anyone know if this how the protein is being packaged now?

Yes. Metabolic Drive will now come in this new packaging. It seals much better, keeping your protein fresher, and we think you’ll love how much easier it’ll be to store as well as pack along with you. As a bonus, it’s very “green.”

I definitely like the new packaging for the purpose of transport. Going to be easier to cart to and from work. No more putting Metabolic Drive in old tubs of Power Drive.

Love the new packaging.

I like the new package as well, but I have been pondering how to repurpose the blue canisters. Blue Lamps anyone?

Prototype

I actually kept one of my older containers (only a month or two back) and filled it alternating layers of chocolate and banana powder from the new bags.

S

I’m a big fan of the new packaging. Apart from the benefits mentioned above, I think they are also much easier to dispose of once empty since the empty bag takes up way less space than the canister. The only thing I would wish for would be larger bags e.g. 10 lb or so. Other companies are doing those and I think it’s very convenient - and green.

I must be one of the only few that can’t stand the zip locks. Not sure if I lack motor skills but it’s always a hassle to close properly. Even worse when a bit of powder dust gets in the zipper.

The plastic canisters do take up more room but they are much simpler in my opinion.

I don’t even want to get started on the termination of the live spills. Don’t care for facebook at all.

[quote]sebbesen wrote:
I’m a big fan of the new packaging. Apart from the benefits mentioned above, I think they are also much easier to dispose of once empty since the empty bag takes up way less space than the canister. The only thing I would wish for would be larger bags e.g. 10 lb or so. Other companies are doing those and I think it’s very convenient - and green.[/quote]

x2

Big bags. Do it.

I have to say, I’m not a fan of zip lock bags, they’re too easy for rodents to chew through and they’re harder to seal. If you wanted to make them easier to store, why not just reduce the size of the package, something like the top 25% is just air space anyways.

[quote]blue9steel wrote:
I have to say, I’m not a fan of zip lock bags, they’re too easy for rodents to chew through and they’re harder to seal. If you wanted to make them easier to store, why not just reduce the size of the package, something like the top 25% is just air space anyways.[/quote]

because it’s not about storage or being green. It’s all about cost and maximizing profit margins.

I prefer the containers as well but I’ll make do with the ziplocks.

Don’t see why we cant get larger than 2 lb bags at a slight discount though.

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
It’s all about cost and maximizing profit margins.

[/quote]

Or… not having to pay to ship 10,000 pounds of plastic around and pass that cost on to the consumer. Keeping the tubs would have lead to a price increase because the quality raw ingredients have skyrocketed in price.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
It’s all about cost and maximizing profit margins.

[/quote]

Or… not having to pay to ship 10,000 pounds of plastic around and pass that cost on to the consumer. Keeping the tubs would have lead to a price increase because the quality raw ingredients have skyrocketed in price. [/quote]

I have nothing against a company doing what it can to shave costs so long as the quality of the product remains unchanged. People gotta live and eat, right? I don’t view maximizing profits as a negative (nor should anyone else unless you’re a commie) or something to look down on. This is a business above all.

As I’m confident that the formula remains unchanged and awesome, I have no issues with these changes. I was only pointing out to that other poster that changing to smaller bottles would negate the intent of the change.

Nothing wrong with shaving pennies but I can’t imagine there is much difference in shipping cost for a plastic tub vs. a plastic bag. The total weight of the product won’t have decreased much since it’s mostly in the product not the container. Biotest customers aren’t exactly price elastic or they’d be using a different product in the first place. shrug The decision is already been made so what I have say doesn’t mean much anyways.

I have to agree with The Mighty Stu.
I am getting ready to place another order and am keeping my tubs to transfer my protein powder into them. Yes it does take up more space, but for me, I can scoop out the portions better with the tubs and in my house I have plenty of cabinets to store my supplements in. Also I like what Stu stated with mixing two different flavors together to change up the taste at times. It gets old even drinking your favorite flavor every day.

I LOVE the new zip bags for the simple reason that they take up less space. I will have more storage area and this will make it easier for packing when I am traveling to competitions. :slight_smile:

The only draw back will be that I have to keep 1 plastic tub of each item (Plazma, MAG-10, Metabolic Drive) to transfer the product into after the bag is opened. Living in Hawaii I find that ants love Biotest products and can creep into bags if you don’t get them zipped up just right. However, having only one plastic tub of each in my pantry will be way more space effective that 12 different tubs.

It’s a Yin/Yang thing. :slight_smile:

I have to agree with some here in hating it. I think they zip easily enough, but the bag doesn’t stay open well, and there’s nothing hard to tap the scoop on before pulling it out to square up the scoop. I’m in week 4 of the vdiet, so I was quite surprised and displeased when a box of bags showed up, as I’ve dealt with them before and know I hate them.

HOWEVER

Not too hard to dump them into a leftover tub, even if it means gasp buying another company’s product just to have a tub leftover.

In summation: annoying but workable for avoiding customer cost increase.