Biotest

New MAG-10 Pulse Fast Dosing Schedule

Starting a two week V-Diet/Pulse Fast this Monday. I plan on doing the Pulse Fast protocol on Mon/Thurs and V-Diet the rest.

With the new formula, am I pulsing every two hours or every three? Considering the new serving is twice the protein and calories as the old dose it almost make sense to do the following:

8:00 - pulse 1
11:30 - pulse 2
3:00 - pulse 3
6:30 - pulse 4
10 - pulse 5
Training - 1 pulse split during and post workout

Thoughs?

Ken

That’s an interesting blend of the two plans, and I’ve experimented with it myself. With your current plan, which is basically a V-Diet on most days with two MAG-10 Pulse Fasts thrown into the week, here are some things to consider:

The old Pulse Fast had ten servings/scoops, but the new formula of MAG-10 has twice the good stuff as you said. In my experiments, three hours between pulses is exactly where my body begins to want another one with the new formula. This would have most people pulsing the first time at 7AM and the last time at 10PM, with four pulses in between.

That’s six MAG-10 pulses per day, though seven is perfectly fine if you need it. You really can’t overdo MAG-10 and since the formula is thermic in nature, more pulses = more fat loss. The newer formula of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 also makes the Pulse Fast much more pleasant. It’s more satisfying and keeps your mental and physical energy levels up.

Now, if you’re lifting on a Pulse Fast day, I’d suggest taking out one of those pulses and using two servings of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma: one before training, the other during, per label instructions. You’ll get a much better workout this way and fuel muscle growth and recovery.

I personally like to Pulse Fast on an off day or conditioning-only day. In that case, I’d skip the Plazma of course since I’m not lifting and pulse six times with MAG-10. Both methods are effective.

I’ve also found that for the Pulse Fast, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy is superior to Power Drive, but use whichever you prefer or have on hand.

Thanks Chris, a few problems:

1. I didn’t order Plazma, I still have some Surge left over. My plan was to just pulse fast on the two monday’s, maybe I add a pulse post workout. So that would give me 7 pulses on the two Mondays and 5 on the two Thursdays. I could change that first extra pulse to pre-during instead of during-post.

2. Totally out of Power Drive, I didn’t use it on my last two pulse fast days and didn’t notice a difference. Hopefully I won’t again.

New question. Do I still use the same nandralone bottle, and since the new product is basically two of the old ones should I be making 4 a day instead of two? I guess my question is will the MAG-10 be too thick if I stick to the 400ml of water per pulse.

Thank you for your quick response to my last post, looking forward to starting on Monday.
Ken

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
That’s an interesting blend of the two plans, and I’ve experimented with it myself. With your current plan, which is basically a V-Diet on most days with two MAG-10 Pulse Fasts thrown into the week, here are some things to consider:

The old Pulse Fast had ten servings/scoops, but the new formula of MAG-10 has twice the good stuff as you said. In my experiments, three hours between pulses is exactly where my body begins to want another one with the new formula. This would have most people pulsing the first time at 7AM and the last time at 10PM, with four pulses in between.

That’s six MAG-10 pulses per day, though seven is perfectly fine if you need it. You really can’t overdo MAG-10 and since the formula is thermic in nature, more pulses = more fat loss. The newer formula of <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 also makes the Pulse Fast much more pleasant. It’s more satisfying and keeps your mental and physical energy levels up.

Now, if you’re lifting on a Pulse Fast day, I’d suggest taking out one of those pulses and using two servings of <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma: one before training, the other during, per label instructions. You’ll get a much better workout this way and fuel muscle growth and recovery.

I personally like to Pulse Fast on an off day or conditioning-only day. In that case, I’d skip the Plazma of course since I’m not lifting and pulse six times with MAG-10. Both methods are effective.

I’ve also found that for the Pulse Fast, <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy is superior to Power Drive, but use whichever you prefer or have on hand.

[/quote]

One servings (2 scoops) of the new MAG-10 should be mixed into 500ML of water. You can do the math and still use the Nalgene bottles if you’d like. I’m using RTD MAG-10, which we have here at Biotest HQ, so I’m a little fuzzy on my Nalgene math.

Hey, just found this Forum. Nice.
Alright…either stop teasing us with the RTD’s or offer them already!

We would never tease you, buffd_samurai!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
We would never tease you, buffd_samurai!

[/quote]

Chris…you sir, as wonderful as you have been to this site, are one very cruel…cruel…cruel…dude.

Very nice RTD!

The tease started all the way back in April.
And it continues to this day.
In my younger and more impetuous days , I would have dropped the gal like a ton of bricks.
But I am so much older and “wiser” now, and know that sometimes the wait makes it better.

Lime or Lemon flavor please. No more of this Berry flavor for everything.

I’m seriously thinking of being a massive pest and keeping this thread at the top with constant posts until Biotest relents and gives us MAG-10 RTDs.

OH…ooops…guess the pestering has just started.

A happy Monday afternoon to you all. This is my pest post for the day on my favorite subject.
Come on Biotest.
All I’m looking for is some status. Is it 10% a reality? 50%?

More than the Plazma RTD, the MAG-10 RTD is more useful for people on the go. Plazma is great for peri-workout period…but MAG-10 is a staple all day round for some of us. For those of us on the go all the time, MAG-10 RTD would be the ultimate convenience product. The ultimate.

Looks like it is time to be a pest again.

MAG-10 RTDs. You know you want it.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:

MAG-10 RTDs. You know you want it. [/quote]

I actually think that they would be a great seller considering the convenience RTDs would provide when pulsing multiple times per day. Surprised that Plazma RTD came out first.

I’d run up a hill with Jim Wendler on my back for some of those…

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:

MAG-10 RTDs. You know you want it. [/quote]

I can’t let you be the only pest buffed.I’d be all over this as well.

jppage, where do you lift at?

We hear your requests, folks. Thanks for the feedback.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
jppage, where do you lift at? [/quote]

Hey another Michigan guy.StevenF I lift at home.Have my pole barn outfitted with multiple racks,bars,weights,leg press,K-bells etc that I have bought over the years.

Chris, are you able to give a brief summary of the formula change from the old MAG-10 to the new one ie what were the major changes and motivation of the changes (besides obviously improving results for customers and margins for the business)? Do you feel that the older version was slightly more potent, which is why a serving was only 10g vs the new MAG-10’s serving being 20g?

No, the “new” version is about twice as effective. Other than that, there’s no need to discuss an old formula no longer sold that’s since been greatly improved, is there? Tim Patterson and Biotest are always improving formulas one way or another.