Biotest

New Customer, Which Supplement?

I have seen all your products on the web-site and am unsure which would benefit me the most , also need help with work-out programs .
What info do you need from me .
I am 42 years old , have spent a lot of time in the gym but burn out every now a then and need to break cycle

Hey Randy,

Do you do a particular style of training? Powerlifting, bodybuilding, Crossfit, etc? How many days per week do you like to lift? Also, what is your primary goal right now? Fat loss, muscle gains, new PRs?

One category of supplementation that we always suggest is workout nutrition. Regardless of training style, if it’s tough then the right workout supplements will give you better workout, must faster recovery, as well as accelerated muscles gains and performance increases.

Look into <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma first, our most advanced workout nutrition supplement. You’r drink one serving 20 minutes before lifting, and one or two more during. Ideally, follow that with a serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 after training.

We have other choices as well, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/surge-recovery"target=“new”>Surge Recovery for example, which is a dedicated post-workout drink. Follow those links and see which one sounds best for you.

Let us know if you have other issues in mind you’re looking to take care of, and we’ll point you in the right direction.

As for training, we have tons of free, full programs here, from <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/articles/reactive-pump-program"target=“new”>Reactive Pump to plans for specific needs, like increasing bench press.

Hello Chris

My goal is to be in very good shape muscle and cardio wise , so i guess i would fit into the bodybuilding style for i would like to be well defined , but with me being on the wrong side of 40 and still trying to keep up with teenagers in the line of playing sports thats where the crossfit might a good way to go . But to answer your question i am 5’ 8" and and 190lbs with 13% body fat,and always wanted to be 200lbs with bodyfat below 8%

Can work out 3 or 4 times per week doesnt matter , can do what ever is best .

I have a problem with carbs they seem to slow me dowm would the Indigo-3G help me on that end ?

Sounds like <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G combined with a workout nutrition supplement like Plazma or Surge would be ideal for you.

I’m also over 40 and always had trouble with carbs. Had to basically live on a lower carb diet just to avoid fat gain, but that wasn’t enough carbs to optimally build muscle or perform well in the gym. It’s was a double edged sword. Indigo-3G allowed me to fix those underlying issues, like fat cell metabolism and dysfunctional nutrient uptake mechanisms, so I could finally break that cycle. Gained about 16 pounds of muscle while staying lean and even getting a little leaner, even though I was wasn’t really trying and had tripled by carb intake.

So, based on your goals and what you’ve told us, we’d say that full dose Indigo-3G for 8 weeks, followed by a period of maintenance dosing, combined with the workout nutrition supplement that best fits your budget (Plazma or Surge), would be exactly what you’re looking for.

Randy,

If you are 5’8" 190lbs and 13% BF, then people look at you like you are thick as a tank and could destroy them. Indigo, in my opinion, is a trust supplement, I trust Biotest enough to give it a honest shot. I feel little difference, and will assess my changes and it’s success as time progresses.

Biotest’s best feel supplements (and best overall that I have ever tried) are Plazma and MAG-10. You simply will not get sore, it is magic. I have used both MAG-10, exclusively, as both a during workout and post, and Plazma as peri and MAG-10 as post. Plazma + MAG- 10 is better, but both far exceed BCAA+hydrolyzed whey.

I am being verbose, but basically Biotest rocks, I am on there bandwagon after many years as being a sideline-skeptic. I would also look to throw in a few of there other supplements…

Z-12 --> sleep quality improved dramatically, even when sleep quantity did not improve. Thus, it helped my cognitive ability and recovery.

Rhodiola–> another trust supplement, that I rely on.

Flamout–> Really helps, big pills, but no fish oil burps, and relatively inexpensive for a quality fish oil

Good Luck!

hi there

I have purchased all the products listed above and hopefully directions on how to use them are on each container , also have printed
Reactive Pump Training 1.1 and will study it to make sure i know how to perform each exercise then will give it a go .

Hi have purchased a few products which are
Indigo - Surge recovery - MAG-10 - and Plasma - do i use them as directed on the label ?
Also have done a lot of lifting but slacked the last month , which one of the programs would be best suited
Reactive pump - Indigo project or bodybuilder?
I have skimmed through the workouts and noticed there are exercises that i dont have equiptment to proform such as squat rack or rack to do barbell exercises to work the chest - (have barbell and bench but no rack .

Any of the those programs would be fine. Look them over and see which one you like best or best fits your equipment. Lots of programs in our archives. I’d suggest looking at our interview with Mark Rippetoe and his articles here. Look for “Starting Strength.” However, you do need to squat and bench for that. But if you can deadlift, overhead press, clean, etc. you’ll be on the right track.

You purchased some overlapping supplements. When you use Plazma for example, there’s no need for Surge Recovery. Just use Plazma before and during, then a serving of Mag-10 after.

You can still use the Surge Recovery on other days as a post-workout drink, but there’s no need to use it on days when you use Plazma and Mag-10.