Biotest

Need Some Rips, Cords, Striations

I’ve been lifting heavy for several years but during the last two I bulked a little too much. I’m wanting the typical results I see here where guys around 210-220 drop 10+ in a month w/o losing strength. I am 5’10" and 210. I’d love to be under 200 with the same lifting strength. I guesstimate I’m 22-24% body fat. I can see faint outlines of upper abs, and everything except my lower abs and love handles looks pretty muscular. I’d love to be 16-18% and lose a couple waistline inches. Fitting my old clothes would also add about $500 to my wallet this year :slight_smile:

Current stats:
Max bench 315
Max squat 425
Max deadlift 455
pullups 24
waist 38"

For the past few days I’ve been starting towards a V-Diet Lite challenge. I have been pretty much having protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and a HSM for dinner. I’m also getting back to NEPA, which I do a lot of normally with our dog anyway, but haven’t these last few frigid weeks. I’m looking forward to spring but I can’t wait that long to begin.

As I have focused more these past few days on fewer calories and more protein, I expected to be weaker immediately in the gym. It was much to the contrary today. I was stronger than ever. I think this is because of paying more attention to getting in my protein and creatine this week. I hope to keep my strength and lose the fat in part by just being more conscientious about my diet and supps.

Yesterday’s lifts:
bench 5x10 @ 225
squat 5x5 @ 315, singles @ 365, 385, 405
pullups 75 (20,10,10,10,10,8,7)

When I feel the burn in my stomach mid-day I need to think about how ridiculous a 38" waist is and what it will feel like to crank out pullups when it is finally back to 35"

NEPA will have to be indoors today - high today of 0 degrees

I AM SO HUNGRY
I AM SO HUNGRY
I AM SO HANGRY

Weekly Summary:

The diet went well 6/7 days with an average those days of 1700 cal and 150g protein.

Yesterday I screwed up bad by going out to eat. I don’t even want to know what the calories were, but I’m skipping HSM today to pay penance. Just protein today.

I have noticed a little extra space in my waist this week, but I’m going to wait until next week to measure and weigh.

The good news is I feel very strong and am ready to go crush the weights today.

Dang! I had my strongest day ever in the gym yesterday and I measured one inch less on my waist after one week (even with a bad cheat day). I can see the difference and so can my wife. I hope the second inch comes off this easily !?!?

Waist: 37"

Benched singles @ 225 to 335 by tens. 335 is a new PR.
85 pullups (by tens to 70 then fives)
deadlift singles @ 315, 365, 385, 405, 425, 405x5, 385, 365, 315x3
clean and press 135x10, 155, 165, 175, 185, 175, 155, 135x5
curls, etc.

We went rollerskating afterward and I forgot how much work that is. After deads it destroyed me. But we had a lot of fun and I probably burned 1000+ calories doing it. (they say 480 per hr for a 150lb person)

Sore today - pretty badly. Going to go shoot some hoops with my boys for a couple hours and am keeping the diet pretty strict today. I had my two shakes plus 4 eggs w/ hot sauce. Yesterday and today I had to walk past free donuts and I didn’t really feel much attraction. They just aren’t that good. They aren’t worth it.

My employer is apparently trying to kill me. All week we are being fed free cake, donuts, etc. as an “appreciation event.” I walked by the coffee pot to get some coffee and they were opening up a tray full of 7" frosted cinnamon rolls. We are all office workers and many are obese. What the hell? When did cinnamon rolls that size become normal? Sure, I ate like that as a teenager while still growing, playing sports, and doing physical work. Time to grow up people, we aren’t 16 anymore. Most of us burn around 2000 cal per day, not 4000.