Biotest

Nauseous at Night

For some reason around 8pm each night I am getting very nauseous - like, sick to my stomach and want to throw everything thing up and curl in a ball nauseous. I power through my fourth shake even with this feeling but I know if I walk over to the toilet I could throw it all up. I am sure I would feel better but throwing up would defeat the purpose right? So.Sick.

Wish I could go to bed now but I still have one more shake and I know we aren’t supposed to skip them. Ugh. There is a reason I am overweight… I can’t handle this.

Can eat the peanut butter by itself when we get hungry instead of mixing it in the shake?

I’m just guessing here, but many people who were eating poorly before go through very real withdrawal symptoms when they stop, especially if wheat was part of their diet before the V-Diet. This passes in under a week. This could be the cause.

If it’s simple fullness, there’s not much you can do since we discussed how to make the shakes already. If you’ve been overweight, then clearly you can handle plenty of food; the V-Diet is actually much less food of course. But the shakes are filling, as they should be.

I usually don’t advise this, but try dropping one shake per day, your choice which. This will allow you to spread the shakes apart more.

It’s important to blend the nut butter into the shake. One of the purposes of the V-Diet is to break bad eating habits, and this being a liquid plan (not counting the HSM of course) helps you do that quickly; it accelerates the process.

By the way, you can reply here with any new questions. No need to start a new thread with every question. I’ll see them all, no worries.

Oh! I didn’t realize. That’s great. Want me to go back and delete the others so I am not clogging things up?

I have been better about drinking the shakes so hopefully I can get them all in today. I am definitely overweight and I was eating worse than you can imagine so I imagine withdrawal is what it is. The only thing that is getting me through this right now is planning out all of the things I plan on cheating with after the 6 weeks is over lol. Little cheats - nothing crazy… mostly :slight_smile:

Stupid question - I fell asleep at 8pm last night so I missed my 5th shake. I woke up at midnight to go to the bathroom and was wondering if I should have made the shake, stayed up to drink it, and then go back to bed. I opted to go right back to bed because I was so tired but was that a bad move? I am on shake three right now (5:40pm) and about to work out so I will definitely get in 5 shakes today. I will work hard to get in the 6th since I still haven’t gotten to try the peanut butter. Thanks for letting me know I need to blend it.

Mia

1. No need to delete the other questions.

2. Plan to eat all HSMs after the strict phase of the V-Diet. Remember, this plan is about getting rid of those old cravings and bad habits and starting anew. By always keeping wheat, added sugar, and milk out of your diet, the cravings will fade and go away. (Those things make you crave more junk, and are the biggest cause of the withdrawal-like effects.) Just plan to never have them again and your life will change forever. Lots of good recipes that don’t contain those things in our Recipes and HSM forum.

3. You may do fine on one less shake per day. The calculator is just an estimate. It works for most people though. However, don’t force in a shake. Some days you may get them all in with no problem, and some days you may prefer one less. If waking at night to drink a shake interferes with sleep, don’t do it. Lack of sleep also causing cravings and overeating, so don’t mess with it.

Two book recommendations for you that I think you’ll like: The End of Overeating and Wheat Belly. Both will encourage you to stay on track after the V-Diet. And they’re fun, easy reads for the most part.

Will I still be successful on the diet (or should I just give up now) if I don’t do the fishoil tablet things and the HOT-ROX? For some reason I am miserably sick at night and it is really making me nervous. First I thought it was lack of calories (since I am only averaging about 3-4 shakes a day and last night I could only get in 2 shakes and a cup of green tea) but this morning I feel fantastic. Energized and ready to go. Its just the nights that have me feeling sick.

I was thinking it might be the fishoil tablets or fishy burps making me sick? I only do HOT-ROX in the morning but I dont even think I need those because I can lay around all day and nap when I want so I dont need the extra energy. Thoughts? I am down 2 pounds and 1 inch on my stomach so something is “working” but I can’t say if it is just lack of calories or the diet and I don’t want to mess it up. I am going to try doing 2 scopps with 8 oz of water today to see if I can get in all 5 shakes (since it is workout day) and I will report on that. For now, I am going to try going a day without the fishoil and HOT-ROX to see if that helps how I feel at night.

There’s an ingredient in HOT-ROX that may cause temporary nausea in a small percentage of people. I’m actually one of them. All I do it take HOT-ROX with a shake instead of on a empty stomach and it’s fine, no problems. That’s most likely the issue, not the fish oil. But HOT-ROX is optional and the diet will work fine without it. Also, take your Flameout with shakes, 1 capsule per shake or all 4 at once if you’d like.

My shins are killing me. I am very short (with tiny little fat legs lol) and I am walking as fast as i can and still only getting up to 3.6 miles an hour. Would very slow jogging (the equivalent of a normal persons walk) benefit me or help with the shin pain? I would stay around 4mph since I dont ever run and I dont even know if I could jog but I feel like if I wasn’t straining my leg to walk so fast it wouldn’t hurt so much. Or, will this pain just go away after a while? I have been doing 3 miles a day since I started the diet on Sunday. About to go to do my third workout.

Also, I started on a Sunday and I worked out Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Is tomorrow (Friday - the 6th day) a good day for me to have my HSM and then do my fitness test thing on Saturday? This also helps my work schedule but I know that work doesn’t matter. Just wondering :slight_smile: I would make sure I had my HSM on the same day every week.

Mia

Jogging would make the shin issues much worse due to impact.

Everyone is a little different when it comes to what a “fast walk” means for them. Don’t sweat the numbers too much, just walk, then speed up to something a little faster than your normal pace. Or, use about that same moderate pace on a bike. Or walk outside if you can and skip the treadmill, which can bother some people after a while. Walking outside is a little better than treadmill work; it actually burns more calories.

That schedule looks fine. There’s some wiggle room there with HSMs. You just don’t want to do them too close together or too far apart, but a one day difference is no big deal.

Great!! Yeah, I have been walking outside at 5:30pm and I am in Florida so the heat index has been near 90 degrees when I walk. I am pretty sure that after each 3 mile walk I die a little inside haha. I have never sweat this much in my life lol.

Thanks for answering all of my questions!

For the HSM (I am doing mine tomorrow for dinner) I plan to do the largest piece of filet mignon that I can get my hands on, a sweet potato baked in the oven, veggies and a salad. Couple of questions.

1. Can I add sauteed mushrooms and onions?
  2. Can I put smart balance or anything on the sweet potato?
  3. Can I sautee the veggies in soy sauce or something else with no calories or carbs or can I use a little smart balance or do they have to be uncooked?
  4. You said mostly green so should I avoid mixed bags with cauliflower and carrots?
  5. For the salad, I obviously cannot add cheese or croutons and especially not ranch (my weakness), but can I add tomatoes and cucumbers?
  6. For the salad, can I use any vinegar or does it have to be like white wine vinegar? Most vinaigrette have oil already in them plus spices.
  7. Also, what is your take on
    a. adobo on the veggies,
    b. fat free sour cream (I am positive this is a no no but since it says 0 calories and 0 carbs, etc. I figured I would at least ask),
    c. and A1.

Sorry if this is all covered in the HSM thread - I have been looking through page after page and haven’t made a dent lol

1. Yes.

2. Smart Balance is crap. Real butter is healthier.

3. Cook your veggies. Coconut oil is the best oil for cooking. Olive is fine. Use gluten-free soy sauce.

4. Cinnamon or plain only. You don’t want this meal to be 2000 calories.

5. Those mixed bags are fine.

6. No pre-made dressings. All are garbage. Olive oil and vinegar.

7. a. Fine in smal amounts, but it’s not that great. b. a little is fine. c. Crap.

Tip: Read ingredient lists. Avoid added sugars, wheat, canola and other junk oils.

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:
For the HSM (I am doing mine tomorrow for dinner) I plan to do the largest piece of filet mignon that I can get my hands on, a sweet potato baked in the oven, veggies and a salad. Couple of questions.

1. Can I add sauteed mushrooms and onions?
  2. Can I put smart balance or anything on the sweet potato?
  3. Can I sautee the veggies in soy sauce or something else with no calories or carbs or can I use a little smart balance or do they have to be uncooked?
  4. You said mostly green so should I avoid mixed bags with cauliflower and carrots?
  5. For the salad, I obviously cannot add cheese or croutons and especially not ranch (my weakness), but can I add tomatoes and cucumbers?
  6. For the salad, can I use any vinegar or does it have to be like white wine vinegar? Most vinaigrette have oil already in them plus spices.
  7. Also, what is your take on
    a. adobo on the veggies,
    b. fat free sour cream (I am positive this is a no no but since it says 0 calories and 0 carbs, etc. I figured I would at least ask),
    c. and A1.

Sorry if this is all covered in the HSM thread - I have been looking through page after page and haven’t made a dent lol
[/quote]