Biotest

Nauseau After Daytime Shakes

I’ve only been doing this for three days but I’ve been getting nauseous after each protein shake with the exception of the bedtime shake with peanut butter. It’s not terrible but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help with it.

[quote]kingsley6 wrote:
I’ve only been doing this for three days but I’ve been getting nauseous after each protein shake with the exception of the bedtime shake with peanut butter. It’s not terrible but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help with it. [/quote]

Are you taking HOT-ROX on an empty stomach? That affect some people (like me.) If so, try it WITH a shake. Works just as well, no nausea.

If Chris’ suggestion doesn’t work, I’ve found some sort of strong mint helps a lot with nausea. Brushing teeth, breath strips, peppermint gum, etc.

I’m not actually doing the HOT-ROX portion of the V-diet because of some bp issues. I’m doing everything except for the fat cutter part of the V-diet.

My shakes consist of
1 scoop L-leucine
2 scoops Protein Powder
roughly 2 cups water or water/ice mixture

Breakfast/Dinner shakes also include
2 scoops Superfood
2 tbsp milled organic flaxseed

First, you are using Metabolic Drive, right? All bets are off if you’re using another brand. (Never know what other companies stick in their protein powders.)

Second, cut back on the flax and see if that helps. You can even get rid of it if you need to, but will need to replace those fats with something like FA3.

Ok thanks. Also, yeah I went with the velocity package from Biotest. I won’t even pretend to know nearly enough about what nutrients my body needs to pull off something as hardcore as the V-diet and make it work.

may be an obvious question, but are you drinking enough water throughout the day? my training related nausea is usually correlated with dehydration

I’ve found that milled chia seed works better than flax for me. Flax upsets my stomach but milled chia is wonderful, all the way through.

I think it may just have been changing my diet so severely. I read up on it over the weekend and I found a number of people who reported similar symptoms after going on cleansing diets or extreme low carb diets. Either way, I’ve been feeling much better since Saturday. The first few days felt similar to hangovers but now that I’m through that phase I’m feeling pretty damn good. So if anyone is experiencing the same thing during the beginning of the V-diet, I would say just wait it out.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.