Biotest

Natural Test Boosters for a 25 Year Old?

I am debating taking an herbal test booster like Alpha Male, or Carbolyn 19 from the site store. Does anyone know if it would be worthwhile to try at my age? Normally I ran naturally high testosterone levels, however after coming down with a chronic bacterial infection from a tick bite, it dropped to 150 at one point. Later leveing around then 450- 500 at my last check up. My doctor does do TRT through his practice but said it was not necessary for me.

I obviously agreed with this and saw no need. It was deemed that my body was just not producing as much test, because the bodies priority of ridding the infection. Anyways this all being said I thought it would be beneficial to use a natural test booster. Bring more optimization to test production without shutting down natural production. Right now I am leaning on the fence in trying out Alpha Male, after asking my doctor if he doesn’t think this would be an issue.

My only other question was on one of the active ingredients; forskolin. I know this herb has a very powerful effect on the thyroid hormone TSH, one Pubmed article I read qouted it increasing TSH by eight to tenfold momentarily. For someone without hypothyroidism, is this something that is without adverse side effects to the thyroid, perhaps causing symptoms of hyperthyroidism? I am not worried about short term effects like raised heart rate, restlessness, agitation, etc. Just about the huge stimulation it gives to the thyroid causing other issues longer term.

I am at least confident that I know I am getting what is on the bottle, and what I pay for using T-Nation. Some other supplement manufacturers I looked into had reports of contamination and dishonesty regarding labeling and product.

Forskolin itself has the disadvantage of extremely short duration of action, so when delivering a given amount, it spikes the system for a number of minutes. Carbolin 19 provides much more sustained levels, without a spike.

That said, I don’t think there’s a problem with thyroid overstimulation with forskolin as commonly dosed, but definitely that hasn’t been found with Carbolin 19.

It is a safe product and does not have any adverse endocrine effects.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Forskolin itself has the disadvantage of extremely short duration of action, so when delivering a given amount, it spikes the system for a number of minutes. Carbolin 19 provides much more sustained levels, without a spike.

That said, I don’t think there’s a problem with thyroid overstimulation with forskolin as commonly dosed, but definitely that hasn’t been found with Carbolin 19.

It is a safe product and does not have any adverse endocrine effects.

[/quote]

Interesting, thank you for the information. It does look like a safe product, additionally the other herbs included as well. Did you ever take it yourself? I read alot about how forskalin can supress appetite, did you have appetite loss if you took it yourself?

Yes; actually I was the first to take it, as I developed it. Personally I don’t experience appetite suppression from Carbolin-19; if you experience it that would be an extra bonus but not something to count on.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Yes; actually I was the first to take it, as I formulated it. Personally I don’t experience appetite suppression from Carbolin 19-19; if you experience it that would be an extra bonus but not something to count on.[/quote]

Oh okay thanks again for input. Well I am trying to bulk lol, no need to cut calories at the moment for me.