Biotest

Nate's Giving the V-Diet a Shot

I have been working at a desk job for the last nine years, and when I say desk I mean sitting all day long. I let myself go and ballooned up to 215 lbs and most of that was in the last 2 years. I had a pretty big health scare last summer and it forced me to adopt some major changes in my life. I started walking everyday and doing a better job of watching what I eat. I lost approximately 40 lbs while walking. I pretty much took the month of March off and ate whatever I wanted to. I also started doing some research about some sort of diet plan that I thought I would be able to stick to. I ran into the V-Diet and decided it would be worth the investment in myself to give it a shot.

I have tried all sorts of fitness plans in the past and have failed from lack of planning. This time I have decided to stick to the prescribed plan and bought everything I needed before starting the diet. I spent the last two weeks reading over the forums and many of the articles. After all of the reading, I decided I don’t really have any excuses. I’m single, I live alone and I have plenty of time on my hands. I officially started the V-Diet yesterday Monday April 27, 2009. It was a little tougher than I had anticipated, but I made it through the first day. Today has been much easier, relatively speaking when compared to yesterday.

I will post my before picks and measurements in the next post. I’m not really super comfortable doing that but hopefully it will keep me inspired.

Date April 27, 2009
Age 34
Height - 5’-7"
Weight - 176 lbs
Neck - 15"
Shoulders - 47"
Chest (upper) - 40"
Waist (navel/largest) - 39"
Hips - 36"
Arms Upper ® - 12.5 " (L) - 12.5"
Arms Upper ® - 10.75 " (L) - 10.75"
Legs ® - 21.5" (L) - 20"
Calf ® - 14.75" (L) - 14.25"

Starting pics

Hey NateZ! Welcome! It aint easy, but it works. Keep us updated on your progress.

Peace.

I think a lot of people come to the V-Diet because they’ve half-tried so many diets and plans before. They get mad at the lack of results and frustrated because of the lack of strictness/discipline. And mad people ROCK the V-Diet.

So, glad to have you here, and be sure to keep us posted!

[quote]art_vandelay wrote:
Hey NateZ! Welcome! It aint easy, but it works. Keep us updated on your progress.

Peace.[/quote]

Hey Art! Thanks so much the welcome. I’m at the end of day 3 and it definitely isn’t easy. Prior to the V-Diet I used to eat one large meal a day and snack a little bit. This generally put me in a food induced coma. It is taking some adjustments to eat 5 times a day. I ended up downloading some alarm software and setting it to go off when I’m supposed to eat. This is helping me to stay on track better.

Nate

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I think a lot of people come to the V-Diet because they’ve half-tried so many diets and plans before. They get mad at the lack of results and frustrated because of the lack of strictness/discipline. And mad people ROCK the V-Diet.

So, glad to have you here, and be sure to keep us posted!
[/quote]

Thank you for the support Chris. I am really excited about V-Diet and the results it can help me obtain. I am also very impressed that you take an interest in everyone who participates in this forum. It is great to know you are out there supporting your plan and the people working on it. You don’t generally see follow through like that.

I do have a quick question for you. I’m on Day 3 and I have had a headache since Day 2. I was wondering if you ever see this and if so how long it usually takes to go away? I seldom have headaches so I’m just wondering what sort of insight you may have.

Thanks again,
Nate

I think I’m starting to get better at updating this thing. I haven’t mentioned any of my NEPA stuff or workouts. I’ll do that later, but here are the rest of my starting pics.

Back

Starting side picture 04_27_09

I started the V-Diet on Monday with the resolution to wake up at 5:30 AM and go for an hour long walk every morning for the duration of the plan. I never get up that early. I usually fight the alarm clock every morning and have to rush around to get to work.

I can happily report for the last three days I have rolled out of bed a few seconds after the alarm clock has started, changed into my workout clothes and hit the pavement before 5:45 AM. I am enjoying the morning NEPA walks and the fresh air. It is giving me time to pan my day and reflect on the progress I’m making with the V-Diet and in life. I have also saw the sun come up for the first time in years and I’m enjoying the smell of fresh honey suckle. You just have to love spring in the south.

Hey, I just wanted to stop by and say . . .

YOU HAVE BACKLASH FOR AN AVATAR! FUCKING AWESOME!

Ok, now that’s that out of the way, best of luck in the weeks ahead!