I’m not really good at keeping a log. Somehow I never find the time to consistantly post in them. So why start one? Because I feel obligated to do so. The logs of all the other V-Dieters are a really big help for me, so I feel I have to return the favor.
I’m a guy, 36 years old, living in Amsterdam, Holland. 6ft tall, 192,5 lbs.BF%? don’t know, but somewhere around 25-26%.
I’ve been training sinds I was 25, so 11 years now. My ultimate best was about 5 years back. I was a personal trainer in a gym and trained 6 days a week, no exceptions. I was in University at that time, so life was easy with lots of spare time. Plenty of time to train, prepare meals etc. I went to 190lbs, with 9% BF. (thats my goal right there…gotta get back in that shape)
Then I finished my master of science, started having a career. Since then, career is up, body comp and health is down. So is my spare time btw…
In those past 5 years I’ve made a lot of attempts to better myself. Did the Tom Venuto BFFM thing, and then ofcource followed the Berardi PN thing. Never followed any of it through…
Training its the same story. I strive to get 4 workouts in every week, but I only average 1-2 a week. But never consistently. Always like 3x a week, then 2 weeks nothing, then 3 weeks 2x a week, then 4 weeks nothing…So progress? None…
So here we are. V-Diet. Another attempt? Nope… I’m not trying this time…I’m doing it. Big difference there. I can feel it…strange sensation. Feels like I’m winning. Slaying the beast that’s been hunting me for 5 years…Now I’m gonna be the one that ends up on top. Really good feeling.
Why the V-Diet? Its straight forward, easy to plan, no cooking, doing groceries, doing dishes… Don’t have to think, just have to do. And the results are quick and extreme. So is the diet btw, but it suits my character: on or off, no middle ground…
I started on dec 5th, which means I’ll have my first transition day on 1st of January. So Christmas is gonna look very…uh…well…different then usual. No all out binge eating sessions for 3 days in a row… Nope… I’m going to my mom on the 26th and she 's gonna make me an HSM How about that? That’s it…
Why now? Why not wait untill the 1st of Jan?
- I made my choice…so had to do it…NOW! (remember…on/off ;))
- It has advantages. Because I’m gonna miss out on a lot of calories this month, more then any other time of the year. Start on Jan 1st, and I’ll have an additional 5lbs to loose…
- transition in january is good. Its a very boring month…no specials there…good for creating new habits
- I have 2 weeks of in about 10 days. So all the time in the world to train, shake, nepa etc.
And how is it going so far? Exceptionally well actually. This is day 4. Haven’t had a difficult moment yet. Strange.
- all supps go down well
- HOT-ROX makes me feel a bit …well…strange I suppose, but nothing worth mentioning really
- shakes and flax are not nice, but very doable.
- first training (intermediate) yesterday went great. Was a bit carefull with the intensity. Was affraid of really going full out, because I hadn’t eaten in 3 days. But to my suprise I actually felt very strong. So I ended up having one of the most intense workouts of the year. Felt really good!!
- Nepa: not as much as I would like to. I do take the stairs everywhere. Even when its 10 stories high (its an oppotunity right? ;)). Did Nepa yesterday for 30 min.
Still have to take measurements. Will do that sometime this week.
Took pictures. I’ll probably will post those at the end. before and after shots.
I’ll update whenever I have the time. That probably will not be a daily thing