Biotest

My V-Diet

So I’m finally getting around to posting in here on day 5 of my V-Diet. So far it’s going really well, sticking to everything and have only really felt hungry a few times.

I’ve never really been in good shape during my life, I’m 26 years old and I’ve finally had enough. I’ve never been that huge or anything, but always had a gut and am just generally flabby and slow. I finished grad school a year ago at TCU in Ft Worth and have just finished my first year as a high school percussion teacher.

My biggest reason for wanting to get in shape, other than just being tired of looking like I do and angry at failing over and over, is to set a good example for my students. I’d like to think I’m a good role model for my students, practicing my instrument still everyday, being organized, helping them improve as musicians and people as well, but here I am out of shape and generally unhealthy. I want to make sure I can always at the very least keep up with the kids and set a good example in all ways for them.

Boy, I thought I had poor eating habits in college, it was nothing compared to what a real job did to me. I somehow managed to stay at a consistent weight, but most of this first year was spent eating at Wendy’s and Chick-fil-a and justifying it by telling myself it was all I had time for, etc. I didn’t go to the gym for most of the year for the same reasons. Towards the end of the year I made myself start running again and started heading into the gym and doing some full body lifting a couple days a week. Then one of my best friends from college who is really into nutrition and fitness sent me a link for the V-Diet.

He knew that I’ve tried many times to get in shape and have always had trouble sticking to whatever plan I was trying. So I read up on it, and with summer quickly approaching decided to go for it. I started on Tuesday (the 9th of June) and have been going strong so far. I really feel like I can have success with this because it’s so well laid out. If I follow the plan like it says then it really can’t go wrong, so I’m totally accountable for my results.

I don’t have all my measurements handy that I took on Tuesday cause I’m away at a friends place (with all my supplements in a big cardboard box, including the blender since they didn’t have one lol). But I know I’m 5’10" and started on Tuesday at 205 lbs. I’m kind of a newb in the gym so I’m using the beginner program, most of which is going pretty well (had some trouble getting my form feeling right on the bent over rows and deadlifts) and I’m really excited for my first V Burn challenge tomorrow.

It’s really cool to hear about all the success and see all the support in this forum, I’m really excited to be doing this now and can’t wait to see where it takes me. Thanks for reading!

Matt

[quote]mattrush13 wrote:
So I’m finally getting around to posting in here on day 5 of my V-Diet. So far it’s going really well, sticking to everything and have only really felt hungry a few times.

I’ve never really been in good shape during my life, I’m 26 years old and I’ve finally had enough. I’ve never been that huge or anything, but always had a gut and am just generally flabby and slow. I finished grad school a year ago at TCU in Ft Worth and have just finished my first year as a high school percussion teacher.

My biggest reason for wanting to get in shape, other than just being tired of looking like I do and angry at failing over and over, is to set a good example for my students. I’d like to think I’m a good role model for my students, practicing my instrument still everyday, being organized, helping them improve as musicians and people as well, but here I am out of shape and generally unhealthy. I want to make sure I can always at the very least keep up with the kids and set a good example in all ways for them.

Boy, I thought I had poor eating habits in college, it was nothing compared to what a real job did to me. I somehow managed to stay at a consistent weight, but most of this first year was spent eating at Wendy’s and Chick-fil-a and justifying it by telling myself it was all I had time for, etc. I didn’t go to the gym for most of the year for the same reasons. Towards the end of the year I made myself start running again and started heading into the gym and doing some full body lifting a couple days a week. Then one of my best friends from college who is really into nutrition and fitness sent me a link for the V-Diet.

He knew that I’ve tried many times to get in shape and have always had trouble sticking to whatever plan I was trying. So I read up on it, and with summer quickly approaching decided to go for it. I started on Tuesday (the 9th of June) and have been going strong so far. I really feel like I can have success with this because it’s so well laid out. If I follow the plan like it says then it really can’t go wrong, so I’m totally accountable for my results.

I don’t have all my measurements handy that I took on Tuesday cause I’m away at a friends place (with all my supplements in a big cardboard box, including the blender since they didn’t have one lol). But I know I’m 5’10" and started on Tuesday at 205 lbs. I’m kind of a newb in the gym so I’m using the beginner program, most of which is going pretty well (had some trouble getting my form feeling right on the bent over rows and deadlifts) and I’m really excited for my first V Burn challenge tomorrow.

It’s really cool to hear about all the success and see all the support in this forum, I’m really excited to be doing this now and can’t wait to see where it takes me. Thanks for reading!

Matt
[/quote]

Good luck to ya’.

Well, I’m officially at the two week point of my V-diet and still going strong. I’ve had a lot of support from some of my close friends who I discuss the diet often with and I can say it really helps not having people tempt you to cheat. Everyone I spend time with has been really good about it. Here are the numbers, starting and the new measurements I took this morning.

Height: 70 in —> 70 in
Weight: 205 lbs —> 200 lbs
Neck: 15.5 in —> 15.5 in
Shoulders: 47 in —> 46 in
Chest, Upper: 41 in —> 41in
Chest, Lower: 42 in —> 39 in
Waist, Navel: 39.5 in —> 38 in
Waist, Largest: 42 in —> 39.5 in
Hips, Largest: 41 in —> 39.5 in
Upper Arm: L 14.5 in --> 13 in and R 14 in --> 13 in
Upper Leg: Both 25 in --> 24 in
Lower Leg: Both 17 in --> 16.5 in
Ankle: 10 in —> 9.5 in

At first the scale weight was really discouraging but I’ve read around the forums not to put too much stock into it. I’d love some feedback on the rest of my numbers though. I can definitely tell there’s a difference. I feel stronger than I ever have and am pretty happy with most of the measurements above, especially considering it’s been 2 weeks.

I’ve stuck to the diet as written although a few nights when I had a weird sleeping schedule I missed a shake. I’ve been doing the NEPA walks pretty much religiously and the training is more and more confident every time I go into the gym. I’ve done two V-Burn challenges so far, my first was 34 minutes and this weeks was down to 25 min 23 sec, I was real happy with that.

Appreciate any feedback! Thanks!