Biotest

My V- Diet Thread

Today i started my diet. Here are my before pics i took last night. I am 6’1 weighing 250lbs. My goal here is to lose 25lbs to kick start myself down to my goal of 205.

I had 5 shakes today with 10 fish oil pills. No workout today. Got in 1800 calories right around what i should on non workoutdays. Did do a 2.5 mile walk on my treadmill kept increasing and decreasing my incline from 2 - 6 throughout the whole time while on the treadmill.

Tomorrow I will get up early and do 1.5 miles on the treadmill before i go to work. Will do another 1.5 miles after i am done with my workout.

I also took my measurements
Chest 43.5
Neck 16.5
Right Bicep 17
Left Bicep 17.5
Waist 41

Calories 2036 yesterday ( was alil over but i know what i need to cut out now )
Protein 265g
Fat 65g
Carbs 85g
Fiber 29g

For non workout days i need alil over 1700 calories. For workout days i will need alil over 2000. I will try and make up for the overage i did yesterday my 1st day on it probably do some xtra cardio this week. Instead of 3 miles a day i will do 3.5 miles a day.

Woke up this morning did 1.5 miles on treadmill adjusting the incline from 2-6 the whole time every 2 minutes switching it up with a pace of 3.5 -4 mph. Also threw in 50 pushups looking to start off doing 100 a day working my way up to 300 a day over the next 28 days everyday.

Just had my 1st shake of the day will also have some green tea & will try and drink @ least 1.5 liters of water @ work throughout the day @ work to fight the hunger that I am sure I will have I am a trader so i do sit @ my desk alot but any down time i have will try and go for a walk around the parking lot to get alil extra NEPA in.

Day 2
Calories 2,010
Fat 68g
Carbs 97
Protein 235
Fiber 48g

Just got back from the gym had a good workout got alil fatigued towards the end. Getting ready to go for my NEPA walk soon. Had some down time @ work today took 2 walks around the parking lot of my building. Today was not as bad as i thought didnt really feel hungry @ all when ever I did get a hunger feeling drank some water.

Just did my walk and had my last shake now i can watch some Monday Night Football and relax. After Day 2 it really has not been that bad i know tougher days are ahead but i am going to stick to this want the best results as possible from this.

Very cool bro, i just decided to get going again and what better way than to lose some flubber right off the bat. It has been a few months since i had a lot going on in my life. I was hoping to find someone who had just started and follow along. Hope to see you around.
HD

[quote]hugedeep wrote:
Very cool bro, i just decided to get going again and what better way than to lose some flubber right off the bat. It has been a few months since i had a lot going on in my life. I was hoping to find someone who had just started and follow along. Hope to see you around.
HD[/quote]
Thanks man we are all here as our own little support group. Begining of my 3rd day had a rough time falling asleep last night i read in someone elses thread they had a problem like this the 1st few days hopefully it goes away. Just woke up alil while ago and couldnt get in my NEPA walk in the AM.

Will do a little extra tonight.Been very slow @ work the past few days so if it keeps up will do some extra walks around the parking lot of my building to try and catchup. Getting ready to have my 1st shake of the day before i leave for work. Tonight will be my one solid meal of the week. Going for sushi so wont be a unhealthy meal.

Will be a non workout day for me since I am going out for dinner after work so looking to keep my calories around 1700 for the day. Once i get home tonight will do my NEPA walk might make it a litte longer since I missed it in the AM to try and keep up with my 3 -3.5 mile a day goal i had set.

I am also taking some fat burners while on this i forgot to mention HOT-ROX I am hoping this help increase my fat loss a little and help me reach my goal.

I’m on my second week of the diet. I cant stop thinking about food. But, its about healthy food. My wife said that if she hears about what I’m going to cook for my once a week HSM, she’ll beat me with a stick. Good luck on your diet. Did you happen to take BF%? I found that I wanted to know the BF% verses muscle weight every week.

[quote]mykael wrote:
I’m on my second week of the diet. I cant stop thinking about food. But, its about healthy food. My wife said that if she hears about what I’m going to cook for my once a week HSM, she’ll beat me with a stick. Good luck on your diet. Did you happen to take BF%? I found that I wanted to know the BF% verses muscle weight every week.[/quote]

I did not take my BF % yet i want to try to take it tomorrow morning when i go to the gym. I heard the 2nd week is the hardest. I just went out to dinner had a date i made last week didnt want to cancel but def a bad choice when you can only eat one meal a week. Susihi was good but shit a steak would of been better. How are the weekends for you ? When i am @ work its not bad always keeping busy but come saturday that is not a option.

Day 3
Calories 1750
Protein 211
Fats 40g
Carbs 85g
Fiber 50g

Just got home extremely tired hopefully i dont have the problem with falling asleep tonight.

Start of day 4 once again had a problem falling asleep didnt really get much. Just had my shake to start the morning and leaving for work soon. Today is a workout day so calories will be up around 2100. Did my 50 pushups this morning was not able to do my NEPA walk but sinc ei woke up late yet again. Willl do my NEPA tonight and add alil xtra in.

Low carb diets often make people restless at night. I know I would sometimes feel like I didn’t have the physical strength to move throughout the day, but mentally told myself that I did - but when it came time to sleep, I could get 6 hours max - plus whenever I would wake up.

Could be the HRX. What time are you taking your second dose? 2 things you could do - Option 1: only take 1 for your second dose (a lot of people do this). You might say, well that will make the fat loss slower - but so will not getting enough sleep, as will hindering your recovery time by having to perform so much extra physical activity just to get tired.

Option 2: make sure you don’t take the HRX within 8 hours of "bed time

Option 3: get some zma, I hear it works wonders. I opted for choice 1 and 2 and that seemed to work

Good luck!

The weekend for me is great, I spend all week thinking about the HSM on saturday. That and what my body measurements will be. The second week is the hardest for me, not becouse I feel hungry. Just becouse I know there will be an end, and I’ll be able to eat whole foods.

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Low carb diets often make people restless at night. I know I would sometimes feel like I didn’t have the physical strength to move throughout the day, but mentally told myself that I did - but when it came time to sleep, I could get 6 hours max - plus whenever I would wake up.

Could be the HRX. What time are you taking your second dose? 2 things you could do - Option 1: only take 1 for your second dose (a lot of people do this). You might say, well that will make the fat loss slower - but so will not getting enough sleep, as will hindering your recovery time by having to perform so much extra physical activity just to get tired.

Option 2: make sure you don’t take the HRX within 8 hours of "bed time

Option 3: get some zma, I hear it works wonders. I opted for choice 1 and 2 and that seemed to work

Good luck![/quote]

Thank you for the info i figured maybe i was taking my 2nd dose to late so i took it earlier today hopefully this will fix it i know i need rest for my muscles to recover and build. Thanks again if this dont work will try just 1 pill tomorrow. I am fully dedicated to this diet and want my maxium possible results so not trying to mess anything up.

[quote]mykael wrote:
The weekend for me is great, I spend all week thinking about the HSM on saturday. That and what my body measurements will be. The second week is the hardest for me, not becouse I feel hungry. Just becouse I know there will be an end, and I’ll be able to eat whole foods.[/quote]

Yeah i got to put alil more thought into my one solid meal of the week. Had Sushi ( not alot of sushi either only 6 slabs 3 salmon and 3 tuna ) last night would of def opted for a big steak & veggies will not make this same mistake again.

I cant wait to do my measurements again and weight myself i feel a difference in my body already just want to findout what type of results I am getting. Keep up your good work thanks again.

???
I must be missing something but aren’t you meant to be doing the V-Diet? Carbs should be so much lower than that dude. Maybe you’re using a protein powder with carbs? I’m pretty sure the V-Diet won’t work for you at all really unless you drastically reduce carb intake…

[quote]tomcoves wrote:
???
I must be missing something but aren’t you meant to be doing the V-Diet? Carbs should be so much lower than that dude. Maybe you’re using a protein powder with carbs? I’m pretty sure the V-Diet won’t work for you at all really unless you drastically reduce carb intake…[/quote]

On lifting days your card intake should be roughly around 90-100. Surge by itself had 46g put that with the 5 shakes 40 thats 86 throw in fiber and flax seed you get roughly 100g lets not forget if you have any peanut butter that will add 8g more. Yesterday even though wasnt a lifting day i had sushi so i did rough estimate what some rice would be.

Day 4

2000 Calories
230 g Protein
85g Carbs
42.5g Fat
50g Fiber

Had alot of down time @ work today took 3 walks around the parking lot of my building @ work nothing big but its somethign better then sitting @ my desk all day doing nothing. Got my workout in was drained when i got there but the Surge helped got alil boost. Worked out in my complex gym is about 1/2 mile form my house so i walked there and back and did 20 min on treadmill. I dont think i will have any problems sleeping tonight really worked hard @ the gym today.

Buddy I stand corrected; you’re absolutely right! I think the original version was no Surge, all low-carb protein but like you said the updated version allows up to 100g and mainly PWO. Good luck, hope your results turn out great