Biotest

My Updated (w/ Pics) V-Diet Log

—EDITED PRE-NOTE—

CLICK LINKS FOR PICTURES

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/day1q.jpg/

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/day7d.jpg/

http://img89.imageshack.us/i/day14.jpg/

http://img809.imageshack.us/i/day21.jpg/

since apparently I don’t know how to show them directly.

I will post my final pics on 2/8/11!

I have inserted pictures that i took along the way and didn’t originally upload.

Hey everyone!

I am a male, 19 years old 6’0" in height.
As of yesterday morning (my first day) I weighed 189.4 lbs. I’m guessing I’m around 16% BF, although i’m not too concerned with this measurement.

On tuesday I ran a test to see if this type of diet was even possible using non-Biotest supplements. Drank 5 shakes of powders and flax and nut butter as perscribed and it worked great. I am officially ordering my V-diet package tonight, and I will continue using my own blends until it arrives. (the calories and protein come out pretty much identical)

EDIT: I just ordered my V-Diet package, since I still have a whole bottle of pretty much unused HOT-ROX, I removed those and instead added some Curcumin to see if its a supplement I will keep for the future.
For my 10 tubs of MD I chose 4 vanilla, 2 strawberry, 2 banana, and 2 chocolate (I don’t really like chocolate and vanilla has always been a favorite)
Chose original as my Surge flavor, although I still have about 3 servings of each flavor left at home in case I get boreD

Since it fits best this way in my schedule, I will be working out on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday with the V-burn challenge on either Sun/Mon.

I will be doing the “intermediate” program, since I’ve been working out for more than 2 (or is it 3?) years now.
Also, I will be working out with a friend (my room-mate)who is simply looking for a workout program, and who will push me, although he himself will not be doing the V-Diet.

Here is my log for my first workout

Reverse Lunge - warm up w/ 30 lbs each hand - 10 reps/side
working sets 60 lbs/hand
10 reps
10 reps
8 reps
7 reps
5 reps

i managed to get 10 without slowing down on the first 2 sets, which is more than 8-9, but I guess that seems alright since I’m still working out the ins and outs of this program.
I noticed that my grip strength seemed to be the limiting factor since I did all 20 or so lunges (10/leg). Should I consider using straps so that I can go heavier or is this a no? (I have never trained with straps before)

Barbell Row
warm up 10 reps 135 lbs
work sets 185 lbs
9 reps
9 reps
7 reps
7 reps
6 reps
2 reps needed

Push Press
warm up 45 x 10
work sets 95 lbs
8 reps
This one was really difficult! 95 lbs wasn’t a lot but by the 3rd set I was dying. Should I lower the weight next workout even though I managed to get 8 reps on my first set?

Barbell curl -
70 lbs
9 reps
9 reps
9 reps
6 reps
6 reps
1 rep needed

Reverse crunch -
Was running low on time so I didn’t add any weight, but I used very strict form and did it on a slight hanging decline to make it more difficult.

Just had my first Surge Recovery and man am I stuffed! I’ve been using that supplement (still had some left over from before) for a while and it has never made me feel that full.

I will do my best to update this log every or everyother day.

I will post pictures soon if I remember, although theyre somewhat embarassing!

Here’s an extra note in terms of my 1RM before doing the diet

Squat ~ 310 lb max
Deadlift ~ 330 lb max
bench press ~ 235 lb max
best chin up - 4-5 reps w/ 35 lbs

Keep us posted! And be sure to hit me with any specific questions in the Ask Chris forum. I’ll be sure to see them there.

Day 3 - 186.0 lbs, down approx. 4 lbs, mostly water weight im sure.
this day couldn’t have gone by any easier, the hunger pangs aren’t nearly as treacherous as i expected, so I don’t anticipate that to be the problem down the road. However, since I just learned my payment to Biotest might not be cleared until Friday, and actually i can’t really seem to find that my order really processed, I have to deal with my current protein selection which only allows the same ingredients in chocolate and vanilla. I was really looking forward to the banana and strawberry to mix things up a little. I’ll be looking forward to my package when/if it does arrive.

I ate 2 almonds at the end of the day i’m not sure why, but thats pretty much all I have to note.

Day 4 - workout day

woke up and had my first shake, went to the gym 2 hours later to do the “friday” intermediate workout

had a very strange workout today

deadlifts 225 lbs
these went really easily, i’m going to have to increase the load next week

decline bench press (using dumbells at my gym isn’t a very good option)
180 lbs

4 - huge drop in strength, i’m thinking its the 45 second rest intervals as im not used to resting that little

neutral grip pull up - I decided not to attach any weight to see how it went, and that was definitely the right idea. My arms felt shaky during my first set, which is very strange.
This one took a lot of reps and I’m wondering if it had the desired effect on my back muscles beacuse it seemed to take its greatest toll on my arms

walkouts
these are weird, not sure that i’m doing them right despite following the video

went for a 30 minute walk on the treadmill @ 4mph afterwards (2 miles)

had some raspberry Surge recovery that I had left over; it was phenomenal. Writing this log now after a nice shower, going to have my second shake of the day in about an hour (maybe less, whenever i’m hungry i suppose since i’m not sure on the timing following a serving of Surge).

Sunday, day 5:

day went well, i was a little more hungry than usual though.

i also did the v-burn challenge today, which I completed in 24 minutes and 10 seconds.

I thought it was going to be a breeze, but it most definitely was not as easy as i thought it would be. This might explain my hunger. Also had a coffee for the first time on the diet (or any form of caffeine). I plan on starting to take HOT-ROX later this week.

Monday, day 6:

I have one more shake left today, and I’m looking forward to having it and getting to bed so I can get a better nights rest than last night.

I’m not sure if ill be fully recovered for my “heavy” workout tomorrow in terms of residual soreness, although either way im pumped to go for the workout.

I feel as thought i’m getting into better shape, although its probably mostly psychological since it hasn’t been all that long yet.

did 30 minutes of NEPA on an empty stomach this morning @ 4mph, in addition to the rest of the walking i got in during the day.

i’m curious to check my weight tomorrow morning.

Day 7 HSM day

this day went pretty well, although my HSM at the end went a little larger than i initially thought-> ended up skipping 2 shakes instead of one.

once the food was back in my mouth it was like a drug, i just wanted to eat everything in all of my cabinets, i never had those kinds of desires previously on the all liquid diet.

fortunately, i only slipped up a little bit, and my calories for the day were probably only around maintenance (it was a workout day) although I ended up feeling miserably full and unable to sleep.
I’m looking forward to next week and the challenge to have better control over my temptations after my HSM

workout- day 7

squat - 245 -

dumbbell bench press - 75 lb dumbbells

chin up - +25 lbs of weight

no ab wheel at my gym, so i switched this for knee raises with a 35 lb weight.

Day 8 (wednesday- i know im a little behind, ill do today tomorrow though)

off day - did a decent amount of walking around campus today but other than that no official NEPA (ie walking on a treadmill or just designated walking for exercise)

after the HSM yesterday, today was THE WORST day on the diet so far (at least in the morning).

The shakes tasted disgusting and the temptation to just go in the cabinet and make some oatmeal was almost unbearable. But i knew it would get better. By 4th shake, things had settled down and i was very glad i didn’t give up.

Day 9 will be my next workout day, which I will log tomorrow.

On friday, day 10, I will begin to take my HOT-ROX.

[quote]ialwayslose wrote:
no ab wheel at my gym, so i switched this for knee raises with a 35 lb weight. [/quote]

Put 5’s on an Olympic bar.

Now you have an ab wheel.

[quote]reactiontm wrote:

no ab wheel at my gym, so i switched this for knee raises with a 35 lb weight. [/quote]

Put 5’s on an Olympic bar.

Now you have an ab wheel.[/quote]

i thought of doing this myself but my gym is really not very conducive to doing things like this, although I might give it a shot anyways next time.

anyways its been a long time sicne ive logged so here are my recent workouts:

(diet has been… going…)

Intermediate day 2 round 2

lunge 60 lbs

barbell row - 185

shoulder press 95 (i actually did 90 last time, not 95)

barbell curl 70 lbs (wasnt as fresh on this one as last week)

slantboard 4x10

Saturday: Intermediate day 3, round 2

Deadlift: 245 lbs (up 20 lbs from last week, this was a much more challenging (better) weight)

decline press 179

(big improvement here on set 2)

neutral pull up

this one is very challenging at the end of a workout

Sunday :

velocity challenge

22:55, beat old time by 75 seconds.

weight this morning 182.0… down a little over 7 lbs since beginning of diet

today’s workout was very difficult, the heavy day killed me, not that it was particularly long, but i didnt have the same intensity as last week

squat-245 lbs

chinup with 25 lbs

dumbbell bench press 75/hand

much weaker than last week on this one.

i keep forgetting to take my second HOT-ROX pill during the day, and by the time i realize it its too late.

i won’t forget starting now.

i keep forgetting to take my second HOT-ROX pill during the day, and by the time i realize it its too late.

i won’t forget starting now. [/quote]

Set an alarm, either on a clock ofr on your computer.

There are also free computer timers online.

Or get a Timex and you can set an alarm for every meal, snack and HOT-ROX dose.

In today’s world, there’s just no point in having to “remember” stuff like that.

haha good advice dude- that would end up being a lot of different alarms that are different on different days of the week. If I forget again I’ll take your advice on the HOT-ROX alarm since that one ends up being around the same time every day. Missing meals isn’t really a problem :slight_smile:

On a side note- I had my HSM day yesterday and it was tasty- next week im going to have to work on lowering the portion sizes a bit since I could have been satisfied with much less food.

had a big steak (pretty lean) with a baked sweet potato, a LOT of brussel sprouts, a red pepper, and 3 miniature zucchinis.

Today’s workout:

reverse lunge- moved up 5 lbs to 65 lb dumbbells in each hand- felt pretty easy still (well not EASY, but not HEAVY).

barbell row - paid the price on this one, it felt heavy, same weight as last week

shoulderpress- also difficult - same weight

slant board leg raises

4x10 (harder since someone was waiting on the slant board so I took shorter rest intervals)

the decreased rest periods are no joke! I’m not sure how im going to handle 20 seconds between sets during my next heavy workout.

On a side note, I’m officially done with 14 days tomorrow, and I just cracked into my Biotest shipment.
Excited to be finally adding Flameout and superfood to my v-diet now (instead of generic, less concentrated fish oil).

So this past weekend wasn’t great.

i got pretty sick and such and i had to miss a workout on tuesday. also i couldn’t tolerate the liquid food after my saturday workout so i ate solid food. i probably ate a little more than i should, although i thought my body was telling me to do so, though thats not really a great excuse.

i restarted yesterday as i felt that i felt up to it and continued today, went on a 45 minute walk on the treadmill as some NEPA. Tomorrow will be a lifting day.

i’m going to do 12 more days of this and then the transition phase.

wasn’t expecting that roadbump, but i think i can deal with it again now.

its been 5 days since my last update, but its been going well for the most part, even my sickness is fading to the point where i just have a little flem/sore throat.

thursdays workout

reverse lunge - 65 lbs/arm

pretty easy (although still panting)

barbell rows 185 lbs (these seem to be getting harder each week, although im really focusing in on form more)

push press - 95 lbs - not much progress here, at least its maintenance with slightly shorter rest periods

barbell curls - 70 lbs

4x10 slant board raises

saturday workout:

deadlifts- 245 lbs

decline bench press- 179

definite progress in strength here- felt really easy, although i might have gotten slightly more rest this week

pull up-

sunday - v-burn challenge day:

18:42.0

tis is feeling easier and easier each week; although i think my time is only a minute less than last week.

im not taking much rest between sets, so im not sure how i can shorten this much. i could probably make the movements more explosive though.

HSM SUNDAY

Originally, I was planning on having this meal Monday, but I was hanging out with some people and they were all eating out at a local restaurant. I actually forgot my wallet at home, but htey offered me food and I just didn’t feel like explaining that “blah blah i cant eat solid food” and dealing with all of that so I had a few bites, although to my surprise I did not crave any of their crap much, even AFTER i had some of it.
What might have been a binge reflex 2-3 weeks ago was weaker.

When I came home I decided to just finish off the night with an HSM since I had had some solid food

2 chicken breasts
bag of brussel sprouts
giant red pepper
3 zucchinis
some almond butter and a few other random nibbles

Monday-

God I hate the day after an HSM!
I always feel so much more hungry (metabolism revved up?) and deprived of solid food. Once you get used to the liquid only diet its actually not that hard to avoid thinking about solid food… until you have some.

I’m scheduled to have a shake in 20 minutes so i’m excited about that in the sense that ill get used to it again.

also- the day is only half way over and i have done a really high about of NEPA- 45 minutes fasted treadmill walk in the morning, followed by a 15 minute walk to class and black (30 min total), followed by a 20 minute walk (including time back) to the supermarket.

going to have to do a lot more walking.

8 days from now i’ll be done. im really excited to see how i look then, i feel like im making progress.

will post pictures of each week at the end of the diet; keeping them to myself at the moment.

weight - 179.8 lbs -

weighed this morning and i was below the 180 mark. 0.6 lbs and i’ve officially lost 10.

Tuesday - Heavy

Squat - 245

felt easy, even with short breaks, definitely got stronger here somehow

chinup + 25 lbs weight

dumbbell bench press

gets very tough with short rest

pulldown crunches
200 lbs

Thursday -

lunge 65

barbell row 185

push press

barbell curl - 70

slant board (setting #3…)

4x10

Weight officially down to 179.4…

4 days to go with 1 HSM included, hoping to get below 178, that would be ideal.