Biotest

My Progress Log

Well I guess I’ll start my own thread about my Vdiet journey. I didn’t make one at first but I’ve been bored lately and wanted to see what you guys have to say anyway.

(180x10.2)+879) x .5 = 1357
(180x10.2)+879) x .6 = 1630

I started at 180 lbs around 13-15% BF. currently my day looks like this

3 HOT-ROX
4 multivitamin made of plants and algae

5 Flameouts = 65 calories
10 scoops of Metabloic Drive = 1100 calories
6 tbsp flax seed = 180 calories
6 fiber choice tablets = technically 60 calories*
*(12g of it is actually fiber so i count 12 calories)

total calories = 1357
+Surge on workout days = 1682 so i overdo it by 50 cals with surge /shrug

So I’m on the end of day 9, i’ve had one solid meal so far on thanksgiving, i didn’t OVERDO it but i did eat a shit ton of turkey and a bit of stuffing /shrug. i weighed myself this morning and i was at 175.8 i usually never eat any starches so i dunno if i had a lot of water weight to lose…

however the weight loss has slowed the last day or two. actually ive been fluctuating from 175 to 176 for the past 4 days…any thoughts on that?

i did the first “official Vdiet” workout yesterday and I liked it, so im gonna try and keep doing those. Im following the diet to a T, with zero slipups so far.

Genearlly i don’t have cravings unless my jackass friends sit next to me with food i can smell, then i about go nuts but weirdly if i can just get good sniff in the craving goes away…

I’m REALLY looking forward to some veges nuts and meat this sunday for my solid healthy meal. Ill post some pics i took a the beginning of the diet and some i took today. any thoughts/advice/wisdom whatever would be greatly appreciated.

Why V-Diet?

this was a day or three in so my weight hasnt changed drastically since then…

abs flexed…

trying to look badass…

Not a lot of change that i can see, probably because the weight hasnt changed much for some unknown reason…

tried to get the lighting the same

again being all that i can be… so there you have it so far. critique away I’d appreciate any comments.

[quote]pstruhar7786 wrote:
again being all that i can be… so there you have it so far. critique away I’d appreciate any comments.[/quote]

you should focus on training hard for a few years and eating quality food. there’s a comment for ya

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
pstruhar7786 wrote:
again being all that i can be… so there you have it so far. critique away I’d appreciate any comments.

you should focus on training hard for a few years and eating quality food. there’s a comment for ya[/quote]

This…

eh too late for him to stop now already on day 10 and bought all the supplements,

anyways gl and make sure you get all your workouts in,

and hopefully your abs will shine through at the end, im assuming thats a big reason you are doing this

heh, thanks for the advice, though i think i was hoping for more thoughts on why the weight hasnt moved in a few days…

as for lifting hard and eating well for a year or two…

i have done so for about 2-3 years now, i started off 50 lbs fatter and probably 10-15 lbs less muscle, and ive gotten to where i am with just work and diet with no supplements actually, i wouldnt exactly call myself strong but im not weak.
20-25 good form chin ups (i can add 60 lbs with a weight belt and get 5-6)
25-30 good form dips (5-6 with 80 lbs)
225 bench
315 squat
405 deadlift
i dont really know what my max’s are cuz i dont have a lifting partner to spot me, i really jacked up my back a year or so ago when i got to brave squatting… this has kept me from squatting/deadlifting/shoulder pressing for a while… im not bragging obviously i just want to say im not exactly new…

im doing the diet because as ive always been a fat guy until the past 3 years, ive always just wanted abs, ive just had a very stubborn layer of fat that usually persists after fatter people get less fat… i duno i thought id try the vdiet to get leaner than i ever have before like the commercial says heh…/shrug
thanks for the comments anyway

heh, thanks for the advice, though i think i was hoping for more thoughts on why the weight hasnt moved in a few days…

as for lifting hard and eating well for a year or two…

i have done so for about 2-3 years now, i started off 50 lbs fatter and probably 10-15 lbs less muscle, and ive gotten to where i am with just work and diet with no supplements actually, i wouldnt exactly call myself strong but im not weak.

20-25 good form chin ups (i can add 60 lbs with a weight belt and get 5-6)
25-30 good form dips (5-6 with 80 lbs)
225 bench
315 squat
405 deadlift

i dont really know what my max’s are cuz i dont have a lifting partner to spot me, i really jacked up my back a year or so ago when i got to brave squatting… this has kept me from squatting/deadlifting/shoulder pressing for a while… im not bragging obviously i just want to say im not exactly new…

im doing the diet because as ive always been a fat guy until the past 3 years, ive always just wanted abs, ive just had a very stubborn layer of fat that usually persists after fatter people get less fat…

I duno i thought id try the vdiet to get leaner than i ever have before like the commercial says heh…/shrug
thanks for the comments anyway[/quote]

It really bothers me when people add 100 lbs to their actual maxes.

Either way I’ll be interested to see how this works for you. I personally wouldn’t have done this if I was in your shoes. When I first started the iron game I had some chub, but as I continued to lift heavy and often overtime, it turned into a 6 pack.

Dieting at this stage, especially at this stage, is a good way to waste time and muscle gains. I don’t think you will be pleased with your results after this, but good luck anyways.

FYI you will look anorexic after this, stop while you still can!

ill keep it in mind waylander thanks, i dunno if im gonna go the full 28 days, if basically thought i shoiuld look ok at about 170 and i was gonna stop at that…

also, what did you mean add 100 lbs to their max? as in those arent my real lifts? they are just teh conventient numbers like that becuase thats all ive cared to try especially since ive had back issues and no spotters…

ill keep it in mind waylander thanks, i dunno if im gonna go the full 28 days, if basically thought i shoiuld look ok at about 170 and i was gonna stop at that…

also, what did you mean add 100 lbs to their max? as in those arent my real lifts? they are just teh conventient numbers like that becuase thats all ive cared to try especially since ive had back issues and no spotters…[/quote]

To be honest, looking at your pics I don’t see how there is anyway you are lifting that much, especially the deadlift.

Here’s the problem, no offense but you do not have a significant base to cut. It will accomplish nothing except mental anguish, you will continue to not be happy with what you have. If you had that same midsection, but had an extra 20-30 lbs of quality muscle, would you even be concerned about dieting? I don’t think so.

The “I want to see ab’s” mentality is what is holding back so many people, from reaching their goals. Don’t fall into that trap bro. So you’ll have abs, and you’ll weigh a buck 60. That is not something to strive for. Put on enough muscle and the abs will take care of themselves.

Just keep your carb meals centered around breakfast, pre and post workout. You will make muscle gains and you will stay lean. You are NOT fat, its just that you lack the needed muscle.

I weigh 260 right now, and I’m probably 13% BF just like you, and I look damn good naked, or so I’m told ;). I also get to eat 6000 cals a day, I would probably kill myself if I had to eat as little as you.

Given, I am using gear at the moment so I can get away with more calories, but I didn’t do that until I was 252 lbs and my bodyfat is exactly the same.

hmm i see, well theres no use arguing /shrug i know i got those numbers, but its really not important as the diet/weight thing

i see what youre saying, part of my mentality is i know a 175 lb friend of mine with low body fat and that to me is near an ideal so i figured thats a good place to start… another “ab” thought is i just moved to a beach for school and its not difficult to see why i would want a 6 pack on the beach.

and although i understand why you guys are saying what ur saying, i was just kind of curious as to thoughts about why the diet seems to have stalled…

i appreciate the comments though, i enjoy talking about this sort of thing

i dunno heres a few closer photos

i know im no giant but if im really so scrawny and im not “fat” how do i weigh 175 still?

perhaps im just delusional but i didnt thik i was that small or weak or hell even skinny, i mean i wanted to get leaner so thats reason enough for this sort of a cutting diet isnt it?

How tall are you?

Dude, no offense, but you are scrawny, 175 is nothing unless you are like 5’2, or built like 1morerep, which you aren’t. In this pic, I’m 230 lbs and I think I look scrawny, and I have a lot more muscle than you. I really am not trying to be a jerk, I’m just trying to get through to you that you are skinny, cutting is not the way to go right now man.

Even now, at 260 I still don’t feel the need to cut. The key to success in this sport, hobby, or w/e you want to call it, is to play the end game. If I cut every time I thought I was fat I’d still be 200 lbs, its just a bad thing to fall into.