Biotest

My March Madness Diet (COMPLETE!)

I’ll keep this short and sweet. I was updating my profile and saw that at the time of my last profile edit, I was listed as 160 lbs. Right now, I’m sitting at 195 lbs, meaning I’ve gotten 25% heavier since that weigh-in (late 2004 or early 2005).

I can sit here and blame my transition into college, the increase in drinking, stress from internships and school, etc., but I’ve been making excuses all my life. Now, it’s time to stop.

I embark on this six-week journey next Monday (3/23). My support will solely come from here, as my family and friends haven’t been the most supportive of the changes I’ve made to my diet and will certainly not approve of me going on a 28-day liquid diet. I know this will be tough, but I think that with enough support, I’ll make it out alive!

I’ll be posting my stats this weekend. Wish me luck!

-Joe

Good luck dude, I’m starting my own one on the 23rd also.

LR

Thanks a lot, LR. I had my goods shipped out to my Austin address since the free shipping was supposed to take 3 business days to deliver.

Turns out that Biotest and/or FedEx are too damn fast! FedEx tried delivering today (less than 48 hours after placing my order).

Looks like I’ll be ready to go once spring break’s over.

Thanks for the encouragement! It’s been an adventure for sure and I’m really glad I’ve proven to myself that I’m capable of undertaking this big of a challenge. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Great avatar by the way…I love that pic! It speaks to all of us :slight_smile:

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement! It’s been an adventure for sure and I’m really glad I’ve proven to myself that I’m capable of undertaking this big of a challenge. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Great avatar by the way…I love that pic! It speaks to all of us :)[/quote]

I kinda stole it from Shug’s 10 Ways to Fail the V-Diet thread, but it fits me perfectly. Hopefully, I can get out of this fat shell that I’m stuck in!

Good luck, jo3. This is day 16 for me and I can’t believe how great I feel. Don’t sweat the weight you gained. It will be melted away in no time once you start the diet!

Jo: Best of results for your diet beginning next week. I look forward to keeping track of you, and I appreciate the support.

Don’t listen to what your friends and family say, they don’t know what the *&$@ they’re talkin’ about. I got a lot of shit from mine too when I decided to start, and I know they are going to be eatin crow in 6 weeks when they see the transformation I have made.

Keep us posted

–Nate

You ready for tomorrow?

LR

LR: To be honest, a part of me is starting to second-guess myself. Should I do this now? Why don’t I wait till the beginning of the summer?

Why do I feel this way? I studied abroad last semester and just got back from my 10-week winter internship. I haven’t been with my college friends since last May. Should I sacrifice having fun with them for the next 42 days? It seems that when I hang out with people, it always involves eating or drinking something, whether it be at a restaurant, bar, or at someone’s apartment/house.

Given that I fall into peer pressure relatively easily (I’m a crowdpleaser), I’d either have to grow balls of steel or cut my friends out completely for the next 4 weeks (except for once a week during my whole meal).

However, a part of me wants to just do it. Hell, even if I have to drastically cut back on my social life, I’ll be preparing myself to look better, feel better, and have a great time during the summer. Also, I’ve been making excuses my entire life. Is this just another one of those excuses?

My diet for the next 42 days:
-8x Metabolic Drive Low-Carb, Milk Chocolate
-2x Metabolic Drive Low-Carb, Vanilla
-1x Surge Recovery, Original Flavor
-2x L-leucine, Anabolic Food Additive
-2x Biotest Superfood
-2x Flameout
-1x HOT-ROX Extreme
-1x creatine monohydrate, unflavored
-1x Fiber Choice tablets
-2x organic peanut butter
-2x organic flaxseed meal, whole ground
-cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie spice, vanilla extract, and other extracts
-a ton of coffee and green tea

I chose not to get any strawberry or banana MD because I tried the same flavors from a different brand and disliked them. I’m starting to regret my decision since I?ll be drinking 5 shakes a day and because I know Biotest produces great tasting protein. Maybe I?ll have to buy a few extra bottles next week if I get sick of the chocolate protein.

I’ll post my stats and pictures tomorrow.

-Joe

Get read, jo. Me and LR are with you!

Hey Jo, hope you’re ready to start tomorrow! Big day is almost here…

I appreciate you dropping by on my thread…if you feel your desire wavering at all, remember that we’re all here to kick you in the ass to get back on track.

You asked me if my friends were toxic detractors or not…they are supportive of what I’m doing and think its pretty cool (now). They know I’m serious about it and I was even able to sit at a bar with them Friday night and drink water and watch them eat pizza and drink beer Saturday while I had a shake (damn March Madness is a tough time for this!).

Hopefully your friends won’t throw shit in your face and make you feel like an idiot; if they do, maybe you need new friends…

I look forward to checking in with you…rock on…

[quote]jo3 wrote:
LR: To be honest, a part of me is starting to second-guess myself. Should I do this now? Why don’t I wait till the beginning of the summer?[/quote]

Trust me, by the time we’re finished with the V-Diet and transition (I’m doing an extended transition) Summer will already be here, and you’ll be so much happier that you started now, instead of letting the V-Diet cut into your Summer.

[quote]
Should I sacrifice having fun with them for the next 42 days?[/quote]

No one is saying you can’t have fun while on the V-Diet, you’ll still be able to do everything you usually do, movies, sports events etc, just stay stong and don’t eat anything.

[quote]
Given that I fall into peer pressure relatively easily (I’m a crowdpleaser), I’d either have to grow balls of steel or cut my friends out completely for the next 4 weeks (except for once a week during my whole meal).[/quote]

Don’t cut your friends out, make time for them and make them apart of the diet, tell them what your doing, good friends will give you that extra support to get through it all.

[quote]
I chose not to get any strawberry or banana MD because I tried the same flavors from a different brand and disliked them.[/quote]

You missing out man, get yourself a few tubs of Banana!

[quote]
I’ll post my stats and pictures tomorrow.

-Joe[/quote]

Looking forward to it!

LR

Thanks for the support, guys. I decided to stick through it. If my friends think I’m weird, who the fuck cares?! They’ll get over it.

I didn?t have access to the internet yesterday evening, but I had a post ready. Here it is:

I treated today as if it was my last supper (which it is), so I got myself a huge dinner serving from Chipotle ? burrito bowl with rice, black beans, grilled bell peppers and onions, chicken, steak, pico de gallo, hot salsa, corn, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce with a side of chips and guacamole. In the past, I could finish a burrito bowl (less the extra meat, chips, and guac) with relative ease; however, today I was only able to finish half the bowl + about half of the chips and guac. Maybe that?s about the same volume as what I normally eat, or maybe my stomach knows what?s coming and is trying to stay as small as possible.

Here are a few photos:
#1- my package
#2- my front and back shots
#3- my left and right side shots

My goals:
I have no stat-related goals. My only goal is to stick to the plan 100%. By doing so, I know I?ll be satisfied by my fat loss and changes in eating habit.

#1- my package

Whew. Thought that was going to be a MUCH different picture. :slight_smile:

Kellster

I meant to crop out my face for some anonymity, but I screwed up in my first set of pictures. Oh well. On the bright side, I guess that makes me even more accountable.