Biotest

My Iron Will and this Diet

Whats up!

I wish I did this last Saturday but now is better then never.

I started the V-diet a Week ago today, I ordered everything and actually intended to start off on the V-diet-lite" To warm up for it, but after my 1st shake I was like screw it no going back now, and I havent looked back.

When I started these were my measurements:
Love Handles-44"
Upper thigh-22 1/2"
lower leg(calf)-17 1/2
Ankle- 10 1/2
Chest (Nipple line)- 45"
Upper ab- 42 1/4
Shoulders (Measured by myself so may be screwed up) 22"
Upper arm- 15 1/2
Neck- 17"

Tommorow is my next weigh in so it should be interesting to see what kinds of changes I may have earned. I havent slipped at all and after day 3 this diet grew on me, I feel stronger and healthier, more energetic and cleaner.
I have all my weights for days 1,3 workouts writen down and Ill post those later.
Last night was my 1st SHM I went to Outback and had a 9oz filet migion, sweet baked potato with just salt on it, grilled shrimp and a side salad with only oil and vinegar…

Suprisingly enough I didnt even want my steak and im a HUGE fan of red meat, also I hate sweet potatoes…and last night I liked those more then my steak. I almost felt sick from the meal, not cause I was too full but because it was sooooo rich to me, I was actually looking forward to going back on shakes today.

IMO Bannana cream is the best shake I have found…pissed I only bought 2 when I placed the order.

GL to all you people out there trying it! “luck has nothing to do with it” Chris.
Thanks, Adam

I Need a Lot of Motivation

Just got done with my day 3 workout, I felt really strong and energetic during this lift, perhaps its from eating the SHM last night or the mixture of Flax, HOT-ROX, and Metabolic Drive…that did it, either way this is what I have.

4pm 45 min NEPA walk
7pm A1 Power clean 155lbs 6 reps x3
A2 Clap pushup 30lb weighted vest 6 reps x3
A3 Chin up 6 reps x3…Hit failure on last set
B1 DB lateral raises 20lb 6reps x3 (Need to raise my weight on this next time.)
B2 Bent over BB rows 115lbs 6reps x3 (Need to raise weight)
B3 situps on ab board. 6 reps x3 ( need to wear weighted vest or hold a weight next time)
b4 Rev lunge with hammer curl 20lbs 6 reps x3 (Need to raise weight)

The rest on these was 40 sec between each set, I keep a stop watch around my neck to make sure I start my exercise exactly at 40 seconds, I screwed up on a whole rotation though and was only giving myself 30seconds of rest between. Overall a strong day I feel realy good and im excited about tomorrows weigh in.

I wasnt hungry most of the day today and Im suffering now as I almost have to chew my shake due to putting 3 scoops of MD in it…and I still have to eat another shake after this, so Ill be up till midnight eating shakes and I have to be up at 6am to teach our mma class in the morning.
Ill keep you guys updated tomorrow.
PS if anyone has any questions about anything please feel free to ask.

Okay this morning at 6am I took my Measurements before drinking anything and after using rest room.

Love Handles-43 1/2" Lost 1/2"
Upper thigh-22 1/2 same
lower leg(calf)-17 1/4 Lost 1/4"
Ankle- 10" Lost 1/2"
Chest (Nipple line)- 43 3/4" Lost 1 1/4"
Upper ab- 40 1/4 Lost 2"
Shoulders (Measured by myself so may be screwed up) 22" Same…because I cant measure them LOL
Upper arm- 15 1/4 Lost 1/4"
Neck- 16" Lost 1"

I lost a total of 6.25" In my 1st week
9lbs and 1%BF give or take.
Today was the 1st time since starting the V-Diet that I taught our MMA class and we sparred about 90% after class and I felt great…Not weak or anything.
So far so good.

Nice work, Thaiclinch!

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
Okay this morning at 6am I took my Measurements before drinking anything and after using rest room.
Love Handles-43 1/2" Lost 1/2"
Upper thigh-22 1/2 same
lower leg(calf)-17 1/4 Lost 1/4"
Ankle- 10" Lost 1/2"
Chest (Nipple line)- 43 3/4" Lost 1 1/4"
Upper ab- 40 1/4 Lost 2"
Shoulders (Measured by myself so may be screwed up) 22" Same…because I cant measure them LOL
Upper arm- 15 1/4 Lost 1/4"
Neck- 16" Lost 1"
I lost a total of 6.25" In my 1st week
9lbs and 1%BF give or take.

Today was the 1st time since starting the V-Diet that I taught our MMA class and we sparred about 90% after class and I felt great…Not weak or anything.
So far so good.

[/quote]

Well done man! Keep it strong I’m on my 6th day and feeling gooood.

Thanks guys,
I have a bit more of an appetite then usual today and I crave “food”…I think my body just wants more nutrition due to the extra work I put in earlier today.

Im logging this entry as I recover from workout #4 this is the “Monday” Phase 1 progression workout.

A1- Widegrip Pull-up 3 reps for 7. I added a 20# weighted vest for reps 6 and 7

A2- Overhead Squat 3reps for 7 115lbs, it felt easy but Im very careful on squats since I have had recontructive knee surgery already on my Left leg and it is in alot of pain when I squat. I might go up 10lbs next week though.

A3- Dips 3 reps for 7. Used 35lbs on a dip belt. Was pretty easy might use a 45lb next week.
Overall I felt really really strong for this lift. Pre W/O about 45 min prior I had 2 scoop Meta-Drive 2 scoops milled flax…2 HOT-ROX and 4 Flameout.

Mid workout I sipped my Surge and right now Im finishing it off. Time to pack my gear up and leave work, time to go home and watch the night playoff game while I do my NEPA walk.
Ill post later tonight.

Wow I messed up on my workout, I thought it felt too easy…I forgot to do my 70 seconds x2 of side planks…So after my 60 Min NEPA walk 3.5 Incline and 3.7 MPH I did it…

Man my core is extremely weak, I can make it through the 1st set biut on the second set I fail at like 30 seconds, Ill rest for a second and get back up and push it until I finish but man Im upset that I cant make it all the way through.
Also I have been spacing my meals out tooo far so I keep having to eat two 3 scoop shakes at night…

Try not to do that if your reading this its almost like chewing your shake LOL.
Max Heart rate during my NEPA walk was 135bpm Avg was 128.

nice work dude! Thanks for stopping in on my post…will keep tabs on you but you sound strong and your results are very good too. I am focused for this week and looking to really get into it.

MIchael

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
A2- Overhead Squat 3reps for 7 115lbs, it felt easy but Im very careful on squats since I have had recontructive knee surgery already on my Left leg and it is in alot of pain when I squat. I might go up 10lbs next week though.
[/quote]

Damn…surgery sucks. I had the same thing done on the same knee. I still remember how painful rehab was. How long ago was the surgery and how did you hurt your knee?

I think its amazing that you’re doing squats since I remember getting psyched out when faced with several flights of stairs or a steep hill. Anyway good luck with your lifts and diet.

[quote]hama wrote:
thaiclinch wrote:

Damn…surgery sucks. I had the same thing done on the same knee. I still remember how painful rehab was. How long ago was the surgery and how did you hurt your knee?

I think its amazing that you’re doing squats since I remember getting psyched out when faced with several flights of stairs or a steep hill. Anyway good luck with your lifts and diet. [/quote]

Im a Semi-Pro fighter and I was training Judo with a local police dept. and I threw a guy, he landed on the inside of my left knee and tore my ACL,LCL, and the Lateral patela ligament. My surgery was about 3 yrs ago and I was in a straight leg brace from my hip to my ankle for 11 months, I was on the verge of having to learn how to walk again…

After about a year of strength training I was back to my original self and I started fighting again. The surgery sucked and its hard as hell to do squats because they removed all the cartilage and miniscus during the surgery cause it was all to damaged…the good news was that they took a tissue sample so that down the road I can have my original cartilage put back in…Not too sure how that works but w/e. As long as I stay active and keep my knee mobile it seems to do real well, however the squats certainly suck…

I have noticed that doing front squats for me is fairly easy, however if I do standard squats I can only do it with like the bar and a pair of 25lb plates, must be the angle that makes the difference.
Anyhow thanks for stopping by and good luck on your ventures.

Today has been a little rough, I have felt very shakey all day…almost “carb depleted” Not sure why I havent worked out today and I havent changed anything in my life or about this diet…oh well tomorrows a new day and hopefully Im not shakey all day tomorrow.

On a good note I was with my fiance running to Home Depot and we were both hungry…normally right now I would ask her to drop me off at home so I could have a shake before she goes with me on a empty stomach to go get some food, but Im feeling pretty strong willed right now so I said fuck it lets go to the noodle shop (One of my favorite places) and you can get what you need, I would have to face this someday so today was the day…

I went in with her and waited for her to get her food and went home with her where I made my “Lunch”…Chocolate Metabolic Drive 2 scoops. I wasnt even temped in the restaurant, of course it smelled okay but Im so far along in this journey that I just wanted to go home get my shake and get back to installing my back splash.
Thanks for everyone stopping by and I will post my lift results for Wen phase 1 progression training tomorrow.

noodles is the bomb! I go to lunch with the guys every day and we do noodles, chipotle, Teds steak house, House of Thai, etc, etc…tough at first but getting easier. It was a way for me to face it and get over it. We all know that Jennifers cooking got me last Sunday but I am still forging ahead. Keep going brothah, you are killin’ it!

M

Alright been a bit busy running fitness boot camps and going straight to work afterwards has gotten me to working 13hrs a day for the last 5 days. Oh well its keeping my mind and hands busy. So yesterday was my Wen. week 2 phase 1 progression lift, all the reps went up by 1 from the previous week and suprisingly so did all the weight Im pushing. Here’s a list of my lifts and the weights.

A1- DB Shoulder press with forward lunge, repeat 5 reps each leg with 30lbs…knee was giving me problems but next week im jumping to 35lbs.
A2-DB hang cleans 5reps x3 sets 60lbs…Thats up 10lbs from last week.
A3- one Arm DB row 5reps x3 sets 100lbs…its pretty easy but its the largest DB we carry in my store so I guess it has to do.

B1-Close grip bench 5reps x3 sets 245lbs…thats up 20lbs from last week and it was still a bit to light…Im carful on this one since Im the only person in my store after I close lifting…dont want them opening the doors the next day to find me with 250lbs laying across my face…lol
B2-Standing Barbell curl 5reps x 3sets 105lbs thats up 20lbs since I started and up 10 from last week, felt just right…with adding another rep to it next week I dont think I’ll be moving up in weight again.
B3- Front Squat…really hard exercise for me but whatever…Its to hard for me to use a straight bar for this exercise since I only have one cage/rack in my training studio and since Im supersetting this with close grip bench it would take to long to change all the weights so I just use 2 60lb dbs and rack them like I would with a hangclean at the top of the movment and do my squats like that.

Overall everything is going great, I feel strong and lean, lots of people are noticing the changes in my face and my fiance and I dont see eachother much and today she said she could really tell in my stomach…Went to see the Eagles live in concert last night…

it was a 4hr venu so when I got home I had to eat the rest of my shakes a midnight, I had to blend FOUR SCOOPS OF META into one shake…holly shit it was like drinking pudding…and even though I was at a concert starving I had no urge to eat the venu food or to drink any booze…things are getting brighter as I pass the 1/2 way point and get ready for my 2nd SHM tonight…well Im off to get shit done for the day.

To everyone thats reading this going through the same thing, keep your headup and keep pushing forward to some of you this may be the greatest journy that you ever embark on.
Thanks, Adam.

Adam,

Nice work! You know…speaking of alcohol…that is the one thing I don’t have ANY urges for! Food is, but that is not and I love my beer! I have been to several events where everyone is drinking but I am good with that…don’t expect to drink until my ski weekend and I am pretty sure that it will be minimal since I want to stay clean.

You are doing very well…very positive!

M

Great job guys. Everything’s going smoothly here…

So Adam, Michael, what are you having for your 2nd SHM?

[quote]JohnnyMuscle wrote:
Great job guys. Everything’s going smoothly here…

So Adam, Michael, what are you having for your 2nd SHM?[/quote]

My 2nd one is tonight, and Im just going to a highend steakhouse, my meal will be very similar to what it was on week one, a big ass filet and a side salad with oil and vinegar, if they have sweet potatoes ill have a baked one of those with a pinch of salt on it.

Thanks for all the props guys!

I look forward to hearing about your steak dinner! I know you will savour every bite. Congrats on your fabulous progress.

I have no idea what my HSM is going to be tonight…I’ll keep you all posted but it will probably be about the same…might try fish or chicken…

Keep it up!!!

M

Good day to you all!
So last night was my 2nd SHM…It was great…a little small but great none the less. I had a 8oz filet, steamed broccoli, a salad with dressing on the side…was still hungry 30 min later and had a cup of chili.

I left out 2 shakes yesterday to try to accomidate for my feast LOL…also yesterday was a good friends B-day and thats why we were out to dinner (even though I felt as if it was my special day lol)

But after dinner I became the DD and I had a blast! 1st time in 5-8 yrs that I drove while everyone else partied…It certainly put things into perspective for me…I highly suggest going out with all you friends some night with the intention of being the DD…dont let no alchol hold you back from having fun, but its an interesting view on 2am reality when your not the one passed out at the bar etc.

Also last night EVERYONE that I saw that I has not seen me since I started the V-Diet was like holly shit you look like ou dropped alot of weight, you look really good etc etc. So that made me feel pretty good about this decision.
Well today is my Friday phase 1 progression lift so I will post results later tonight.
Have a good day all.