Biotest

My I3G Plan

I’m going to run an intermittent fasting protocol with my I3G… Was just looking to see if anything can be improved. I know a 3hr workout will catch some flak, but it’s a PL style and has been working for me the past 4 years, so I’m not gonna change it, hah.

Workout days during the week:

12:30PM 6 caps I3G
1:00 PM first pro/carb meal

3PM-6PM workout, with periworkout nutrition as follows:
10g leucine, 25g EAA’s, 120g carbs.

6:30PM 6 caps I3G
7:00PM pro/carb meal

Workout days on the weekend, I lift from 9AM-Noon.

8:30 AM 10g leucine
8:40 AM 25g EAA’s

10:00 AM, 6 caps I3G
10:30 AM, 120g carbs

12 Noon - pro/carb meal.

4:00 PM - 6 caps I3G
4:30 PM pro/carb meal

Then on non-workout days:

12:30PM I3G
1:00PM pro/carb meal

6:30PM I3G
7:00PM pro/carb meal

Thanks for any input!

Well, we don’t suggest intermittent fasting when taking a powerful nutrient repartitioning agent. <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G fixes all the underlying issues with dysfunctional fat cells and nutrient uptake so you don’t have to use odd diet plans or go for long periods without eating. Kinda silly to take an expensive nutrient repartitioning agent then restrict nutrients for a good part of the day, right?

That said, you seem to be using the intermittent fast that we used to call “skipping breakfast” and you’re still eating 2-3 meals a day, so it’s easy to take the two doses of Indigo-3G pre-meal or pre-workout nutrition. It’s best to keep doses 6 hours apart however. One serving of Indigo-3G is “in you” and doing its thing maximally for at least 6 hours, so it’s wasteful to overlap dosages.

You didn’t list any food choices, so we can’t offer advice there. However, we do have some general carb intake guidelines here: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

Just remember that since Indigo-3G is going to change your core physiology, you have to adjust and upgrade your nutrition to get the most out of it. The old rules you went by before may not be necessary or optimal because you’ll be working with a “upgraded physiology” so to speak. So be sure to adjust as needed. For most people, that means they can eat more total calories and carbs than before without gaining fat since nutrients are being repartitioned. (Food choices do matter of course.)

If you’d like to start a log in the Indigo Project Logs forum, I’d be glad to look over your diet plan.