Biotest

My First Garage Gym / Home Gym


#1

Hello All,

I’ve been reading T-Nation’s articles and forums for a little over a year now. I’ll be honest and say that I have learned a lot from this site which has helped me increase overall knowledge, strength and size. I recently started building my own garage gym / home gym and received a lot of inspiration from some of the older posts, so I wanted to share mine with everyone. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did putting it together.

The blank canvas… operation clean 1 stall (of 3) garage out
[photo]40806[/photo]
Installation of mirrors and 3/8 inch matting… all free from work (I’m a construction superintendent)
[photo]40807[/photo]
Added:
Rogue Fitness Fortis 4 Monster Series Rack
Rogue Fitness Hi-Temp bumpers 400 pounds (4 - 45’s, 2 - 35’s & 6 - 25’s)
Rogue Fitness Ohio Power Bar
Rogue Fitness Flat Utility Bench 2.0
Rogue Fitness Multi Grip Crossmember (aka Monkey Bar)
Rogue Fitness Matador (aka Dip Attachment)
Rogue Fitness Land-mine
Rogue Fitness Safety Spotter Arms
[photo]40808[/photo]
[photo]40809[/photo]
Added:
Body Solid Rubber Coated Hex Dumbbells… up to 75 pounds (for now, more to come)
Body Solid 3 Tier Dumbbell Rack… 2 count
Body Solid Flat Incline Decline Bench
Chains… 25 pounds (for now)
Metal Plates (4 - 10’s, 4 - 5’s & 4 - 2.5’s)
[photo]40810[/photo]
Added:
Cybex Cable Crossover (dual 160 pound stacks)… purchased off Craigslist
Rogue Fitness Landmine Handles (straight bar and angled)
AMERICAN FLAG FOR GAINS
Brazilian Flag for my wonderful Brazilian Girlfriend (aka Bunda)
[photo]40811[/photo]
[photo]40812[/photo]

I would love to hear feedback and comments; whether good, bad or indifferent on anything here. Also any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks!


#2

Fuckin badass!


#3

Really awesome, I love it.


#4

Yeah, that looks great for sure. How about sound proofing and a drum set for stall # 2 ? Just thinking out loud here…

Really cool. Good for you.

ERIC D.


#5

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Fuckin badass!
[/quote]

Thanks USMCCDS423!


#6

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
Really awesome, I love it.[/quote]

Thank you BDockSaints75. ð??ª


#7

[quote]denver z-man wrote:
Yeah, that looks great for sure. How about sound proofing and a drum set for stall # 2 ? Just thinking out loud here…

Really cool. Good for you.

ERIC D.

[/quote]

That would require getting rid of motorcycles, go-cart and tools. I’d rather keep my toys. Lol


#8

Sounds like you may need more garage stalls? Front yards are REALLY overrated IMO.
Enjoy.


#9

Awesome setup. I put together a home gym 3 years ago and put in a Rogue R3, Utility Bench, and Rogue Bar.
Great quality equipment.


#10

Looks great brother! I am in the process of the doing the exact same thing. I find that I love it just to walk out and do a workout. For me I still need the gym for now but eventually I would like to have enough at the house. Looks good!


#11

[quote]ACTrain wrote:
Awesome setup. I put together a home gym 3 years ago and put in a Rogue R3, Utility Bench, and Rogue Bar.
Great quality equipment.[/quote]

I’m not a cross-fitter, but I will say Rogue has a great quality product line. I’m not disappointed yet.


#12

[quote]T-bone12 wrote:
Looks great brother! I am in the process of the doing the exact same thing. I find that I love it just to walk out and do a workout. For me I still need the gym for now but eventually I would like to have enough at the house. Looks good![/quote]

Thanks T-Bone,
I’ve been toying around the idea of buying land (acre or 2) and building a 30’ by 30’ structure, bringing all my workout gear over and continue adding. I’d love to get a leg press, leg extension, leg curl, calf raise, among other various machines/items. Then eventually put a house on the property as well. the benefits of being a construction superintendent are endless.


#13

yeh brother- I am thinking the same thing. I have alot of the Rogue hear also. Same thoughts- I just think they make good stuff. They have a nice T-bar row they just came out with and some actual fitness stuff- like a leg press and a few other things. But keep knocking more stuff as you can and you will a gym better than the ones out there. I just ordered a Watson thick grip bar and cannot wait to get it! Check them out- they are $$$ but nice gear.


#14

[quote]T-bone12 wrote:
yeh brother- I am thinking the same thing. I have alot of the Rogue hear also. Same thoughts- I just think they make good stuff. They have a nice T-bar row they just came out with and some actual fitness stuff- like a leg press and a few other things. But keep knocking more stuff as you can and you will a gym better than the ones out there. I just ordered a Watson thick grip bar and cannot wait to get it! Check them out- they are $$$ but nice gear. [/quote]

T-bone,
I’ve checked Watson’s website a few times. I just like the fact Rogue constructs most of their stuff here in the USA and will tell you if it’s imported. Definitely let me know your thoughts on that thick grip bar. I’ve been curious about training with thick bars, especially LSG Muscle’s Hog Legs for cable attachments.


#15

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the estimated out of pocket for that amazing setup?


#16

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the estimated out of pocket for that amazing setup?[/quote]

No, I don’t mind at all. Just the equipment listed above was approximately $7,400 (not the mirrors and matting). I know that may sound like a lot, but this is a journey I plan on taking for years to come. A few sacrifices were made like, not going out every night & drinking myself to retard status. I’d do it again in a heartbeat too. Agree?


#17

Looks good I could use a full DB rack. I built mine over time from live auctions and craigslist.


#18

[quote]SquatMonster wrote:

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the estimated out of pocket for that amazing setup?[/quote]

No, I don’t mind at all. Just the equipment listed above was approximately $7,400 (not the mirrors and matting). I know that may sound like a lot, but this is a journey I plan on taking for years to come. A few sacrifices were made like, not going out every night & drinking myself to retard status. I’d do it again in a heartbeat too. Agree? [/quote]
Completely agree. Considering moving to a different place just so I can build a garage gym myself.


#19

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
Completely agree. Considering moving to a different place just so I can build a garage gym myself.[/quote]

I’d say do it brother!


#20

[quote]ExtremistPullup wrote:
Looks good I could use a full DB rack. I built mine over time from live auctions and craigslist.[/quote]

Thanks brother! It’s not as impressive as your gym, but I’ll get there.