Biotest

My Fatboy2Lean V-Diet Blog

It is about mid way through day 3 and I feel pretty good. Here are my details:

Height - 6’2
Start - 261.4 lbs
48hr Update - 254.6 lbs (down 6.8 lbs)
BF% - uh, too high? :wink:
V-Diet start - 9/13

I am using the over 35 lbs to lose formula and all the requisite Biotest products, with some minor excepts. Specifically:

• Substituting high grade fish oil and CLA for Flameout, though I may breakdown and buy some Flameout…)
  • Taking 1 HOT-ROX Extreme 2x per day until I build up tolerance, then I’ll kick it up a notch

In lieu of a fibre tab or Metamucil, I am simply adding 2tsp of Psyllium husk to 4 out of my 5 shakes. I am also drinking 1 liter of very high quality green tea (matcha) that I dilute a further liter. I am also downing another liter or so of water, so I feel like I am keeping my fluid levels at a good spot.

NEPA walks at 6:00AM daily. Lifting starts tonight. Have been off for about 8 months, and it has been a few years since I trained at all seriously and had my abs!

Now for my newbie / new to V-Diet questions…

1. As I am a heavy guy with some serious weight to drop (50lbs or so), the formula has me coming short of 1g of protein for each pound of weight. Should I be concerned?

2. To get to the right calorie intake level, I am scale factoring not only my shakes but also Surge (on workout days). Should I be doing the same for my healthy fats (PB, Flax, fish oil, CLA), thereby implying that I should be upping the protein? Right now I am simply taking the calorie intake formula, subtracting the values for PB, Flax and Flameout (fish oil + CLA in my case) to determine my shake and Surge allowances.

3. Should I / has anyone adjusted their calories coming down? For example, I plugged in 261.4 lbs for the formula, but should I adjust this downward at the start of each week?

4. A lot of people have cited that they lose their sugar cravings. Bland food begins to taste phenomenal. Makes sense to me, but as you go off the diet post transition, does this really hold? Or do donut eaters simply crave less-sugary donuts, metaphorically speaking!

Time to go – shake time!

Three full days complete and 100% compliant. Last night was my first day of lifting, which was OK. Not great as I was tired from lack of sleep. Also, am curious when others are drinking their shake relative to their workouts? 90 / 60 / 30 mins before? How about some of the Surge with the workout.

As for results, I am impressed. Yes, some of it is due to flushing / reduction of inflamation, but 8 lbs in 72 hours is pretty striking.

The biggest challenge to this diet for me is going to be the psychological side of it. I will have to keep reminding myself that if I can do 3 days without difficulty, the rest of it is just … another 3 days, another 3 days!

As for the shakes. Hmmm. Can’t say I really like the aftertaste. A little sweet for me and I am a FFB! The good news is that they are incredibly filling. I absolutely cannot simply slam them down, have to slowly chip away at it – takes about 15 to 20 minutes.

Done my NEPA and 1st shake. Feel good today too, less edgy. Guessing that my body is starting to get used to the HOT-ROX. Will try going full dose on the weekend.

chisholc,

Welcome to the V-Diet. I can’t answer all your questions, but let me try for a few. Regarding the Surge thing, I think it to be a little individualized. I start sipping my Surge after my first lifting routine and continue to sip a bit just before the next set of whatever I am doing. Then I slam the rest with thre BCAA’s at the end. I think here do what is best for you. I seem to get a better lift doing it this way.

It program definately changes the things you want to eat. It cleanses the platte nad makes things taste so much better. If you let a donut pass you lips again, your body is only going to crave it again, so dont’ let it pass your lips again or anything else that is totally bad for you. Keep it clean! This program is just a jump start to get you going and get your mindset into clean eating.

Plug your fats and peanut butter into the equation. You should track these also. I don’t think any of us can get the protein, calories etc right on to the formula. Just get as close as you can.

You look like you are experiencing some wonderful results. Keep at it.

Stay strong!!

fitnesslady

[quote]chisholc wrote:
Last night was my first day of lifting, which was OK. Not great as I was tired from lack of sleep. [/quote]
Lack of sleep is killer, especially on this diet.
After staying up late/waking up late this past weekend I failed sets I had finished easily the session before.
The diet sort of forces you to develop better sleep habits, just one more benefit, hah.

And about the after taste, I agree. I can’t stand plain chocolate. Try mixing them. Choc. + Strawberry is amazing. Also, by about day 5 I stopped tasting the shakes. I just down them, it’s become routine. The vanilla + superfood is sort of iffy, but now it’s gone before I even realize I made the shake hah

Keep it up

I actually suck on some of my shakes for up too an hour. I tend to think that if I stretch them out it will beeasier to stretch out meals later on.

Good luck, keep plugging away.

[quote]CharlieStrange wrote:

As for the shakes. Hmmm. Can’t say I really like the aftertaste. A little sweet for me and I am a FFB! The good news is that they are incredibly filling. I absolutely cannot simply slam them down, have to slowly chip away at it – takes about 15 to 20 minutes.

I actually suck on some of my shakes for up too an hour. I tend to think that if I stretch them out it will beeasier to stretch out meals later on.

Good luck, keep plugging away.
[/quote]

Hah, interesting I’ve been doing the opposite

Thanks all for the great tips! Not only do I love this forum for the info on how to implement the diet, I also love it for the motivation.

Sleep is something that I think will come back to normal quickly. The shock of eating poorly to 5 clean shakes + HOT-ROX + green tea, etc is probably a major contributor. I don’t usually find it tough to sleep and had a good rest last night. I hear ya though – get the rest too! It’s important.

In terms of including my PB and flax in my calorie / macronutrient count, I am doing that, so definitely not going over my “limit”. PB is all natural (no sugar) and flax is 2tbsp of ground organic seed.

I am also taking Greens+ daily detox, a high quality super food that is available in Canada (where I live). Berardi is a big supported of this product, so feel pretty confident that is inline with some of the V-Diet Superfood recommendations I have seen.

That’s all for now – time for shake #3.

Start of Day 5 and still 100% compliant! Completed my NEPA walk this morning – really enjoying getting outside at dawn.

No longer feeling edgy from the HOT-ROX. Feel comfortable about upping to full dose on the weekend. If it doesn’t work out, I know I can come back down.

Picked up some Chia seed last night at Costco. Looking at the macronutrients, it’s pretty amazing stuff. Much more Omega 3 per Tbsp than flax. Similar fibre and protein content. Thinking I may use 1 tbsp of Chia and 1 tbsp of flax instead of 2 tbsp of flax per day.

Tonight is workout #2. Can’t wait as I seem to have a lot more energy.

[quote]chisholc wrote:
Start of Day 5 and still 100% compliant! Completed my NEPA walk this morning – really enjoying getting outside at dawn.

No longer feeling edgy from the HOT-ROX. Feel comfortable about upping to full dose on the weekend. If it doesn’t work out, I know I can come back down.

Picked up some Chia seed last night at Costco. Looking at the macronutrients, it’s pretty amazing stuff. Much more Omega 3 per Tbsp than flax. Similar fibre and protein content. Thinking I may use 1 tbsp of Chia and 1 tbsp of flax instead of 2 tbsp of flax per day.

Tonight is workout #2. Can’t wait as I seem to have a lot more energy.[/quote]

Never even heard of Chia before, I’ll have to check it out. Keep plugging away man!

Thanks CS!

Chia is the same stuff that kids put on “Chia Pets” back in the 80s. It’s a seed. Tastes pretty bland, maybe a bit like sesame seed. Clogs up in my blender though.

Today is mid-day #7. I’ve been 100% compliant and as of this morning I was down 9.8lbs! Lovin it!

chisholc,

Great job in the weight loss. My weight loss is in the toliet, but I am losing in inches, which is probably just as good. I am sure the weight will come soon.

Stay strong!!

fitnesslady

Week one results are in…

Total weight loss = 10.0 lbs
Starting weight = 261.4 lbs
End of Wk 1 weight = 251.4 lbs

Wish I had taken “before” pics. Will try and dig up some pics from the summer and get some pics on weekly from here on. Did my measurements four days in, so will update those today and post them as well going forward. Have definitely lost inches big time!

This diet rocks! Not feeling hungry at all. Plus, today I get my first HSM!

Thanks everyone for your support. Keep up the strong work on your V-Diets!

Well, today is early day #10. Had my HSM on Saturday night – a healthy version of shrimp scampi (i.e. shrimp, garlic, olive oil and spinach) plus a cucumber and tomato salad with a little olive oil. Delicious! Total calories was around 300 too.

This week I am away on business, so had to pack my kit - shakers, protein, PB, flax, superfood, etc. Took some planning, but I am determined to stay 100% on track. Results so far have exceeded my expectations, though I know they will slow down some.

Good luck to everyone and keep up the awesome effort!

[quote]chisholc wrote:
Well, today is early day #10. Had my HSM on Saturday night – a healthy version of shrimp scampi (i.e. shrimp, garlic, olive oil and spinach) plus a cucumber and tomato salad with a little olive oil. Delicious! Total calories was around 300 too.

This week I am away on business, so had to pack my kit - shakers, protein, PB, flax, superfood, etc. Took some planning, but I am determined to stay 100% on track. Results so far have exceeded my expectations, though I know they will slow down some.

Good luck to everyone and keep up the awesome effort!
[/quote]

Down ten already? Wow that is great! Keep up the good work, this week will probably be the most trying of the four (especially around the weekend). Remember, the mirror is your best friend, if you feel that tug of weakness just pull up your shirt in front of a mirror and check out that belly. Trust me, it is an appetite killer.

Day 11 done! Still 100% compliant. Feeling good and impressed with the results.

Definitely understand what people say about week two being tough. That being said, the fact that I am on the road and don’t have access to a blender, my shakes aren’t quite the same. I’ll be happy to fly home Thursday night!

OK, so today is day 14!!! By the end of the day I will be 50% done. Weigh in tomorrow morning and measurements. Plus, my HSM on Saturday night!! Any healthy suggestions? For some reason I am craving mexican – maybe fajitas without the wrap?

On a separate note, having started as a fairly big guy, I am using the > 35 pounds to lose formula. While all is going well, I am starting to get concerned that I may lose some muscle mass. My question therefore, are there ANY drawbacks to taking BCAAs, or is it simply good insurance?

Thanks!

I have been taking some BCAA’s just for assurance I don’t lose any muscle and I believe that is what Chris suggests. They are also suppose to help with recovery.

fitnesslady

Thanks for the suggestion FL.

Weighed in this morning – two week point – and I am down 16 pounds even! Dropped ten in week one, six in week two.

Tonight I will get my measurements done and some pics. Plan is to post them before the weekend is over.

Plan to really enjoy my HSM this eve – a greek chicken recipe from Men’s Health.

Keep shakin…

OK, so I have been completely lax about getting some pics up and my measurements. Sorry about that! The good news is that today is day 19 and I have been absolutely 100% compliant with the diet / program. Everything from one hour of NEPA first thing in the morning to three lifting sessions and appropriate HSMs (with respect to both quality and quantity).

As for the results – I cannot believe the change in under three weeks. While I don’t have a photo from the start date, I do have a representative photo from August that I’ll post for my final before and after.

As for how I am feeling, I have to say that I only notice a decline in my energy / mood when I ease back on my water consumption. The diet hasn’t been too difficult from a psychological standpoint as the results have kept me incredibly motivated. Now that I am at day 19 I can see the end. Don’t want to fail. Won’t fail!

It is great to read and see the success of others. Keep it up!

Keep going man, you are doing great and transition is just nine measly days away!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.