Biotest

My Big Fat V-Diet...DO OVER!

Hey fellow V-Dieters. I’m back. Because after sucessfully completing the V-Diet last year, and losing another few pounds and inches, I stopped doing everything right. And I gained ALL of my weight back, plus an extra few. Son of a bitch.

I have been to the gym about 3 times in 6 months, and I have eaten anything and everything I want. My husband called me a glutton last week. He’s right. I’m turning 40 this month (although I’m going to ignore that) and I feel like I’m 60.

Anyway. Today is Day 1. I am completely psyched because I know first hand that this V-Diet works. A few things have changed since my last go-round, but the principle is still the same, and I am determined as ever.

So, as disgusting as they are, here are my starting stats:

Starting Stats:

DATE…5/3/2009
HEIGHT…5’3’'
WEIGHT…146.4
NECK…13
SHOULDERS…39.5
CHEST UPPER…40
CHEST LOWER…32
WAIST - NAVEL…38.5
WAIST - LARGEST…39.5
HIPS - LARGEST…40
UPPER ARM…12
UPPER LEG…23
LOWER LEG…13.5
ANKLE…8

And the beautiful BEFORE pics. Try not to gag.

Well, Day 1 is nearly over. Did my first workout…pretty tough. Followed it with a 40 minute NEPA walk. I’m nauseous.

Gonna go shower and pack my shakes and supplements for the week. Still need to get 2 shakes in before I go to bed. Ack.

Hi Kristen - I started the shakes/supps today as well, however my first V-Diet workout is tomorrow bright and early 5am. Good luck!!

Hi Kim! Good luck…I could NEVER workout at that hour. Yikes. I have enough trouble doing a NEPA walk at that time…

I’ll be checking in often to watch your progress!

Well I’ll be danged. I went to bed last night thinking I needed to give this another go round myself. Lots of updated information and techniques and attitudes with the 3.0 version. And here you are.

Deja vu all over again eh? I didn’t weigh or measure this morning but did 45 minutes of NEPA. I have done pretty well until the past few weeks. Ups and downs and kept most of the weight off, but got soft on the training. I got down to a 34 waist pant and now they are getting a bit snug and I could use a kick in the arse. So…together again?

Let’s do this thing!!!
You got your head together and I’ll do the same. I’ll weigh and measure in the morning and off we go. Hope I can keep up with you.

AHHHH, Gman…my old friend! I’m so glad you’re here–because I know you can do it. And I’m with you all the way!

Let’s rock it!

Good luck Kristen, I’m a 33yr old wife (not a mother yet) and want to kick my ass in gear with this diet. As brutal as they are, my before pictures are what keep me motivated. Posting them online makes it all the more real, so good for you for getting them up!

Stay the course and vent when you need to!

Day 5 for me (fist timer to the V-Diet, but no stranger to protein shakes…)

the nausea will go away.

Keep it up, we’ll be watching…

[quote]Reaper Man wrote:
the nausea will go away.
[/quote]

Yeah, the nausea went away. I threw up about 6 times today, and am running a fever of about 102…now. It was higher earlier. I can’t even keep water down. I am so freakin’ relieved that I’m sick…I thought for some reason that it was the VDiet, and that I couldn’t continue! I still feel lousy, but better than I did.

So, I got 4 shakes in today–although the last one came right back up–sorry for the overshare. I couldn’t do anything else except lay in bed an moan. And not in a good way. Dammit.

Since today was just NEPA, which I didn’t do…and I didn’t actually eat anything, I’m going to close the page on Day 2 and see how I feel tomorrow. Hopefully, it’s just a quick bug, and I’ll be back to normal tomorrow. I’ll go about getting through Day 3. If I’m not better, I’ll work on getting better, and restart the VDiet when I’m 100%.

Thanks for the support–hope you’re all kicking some ass!

[quote]sgottsch wrote:
Good luck Kristen, I’m a 33yr old wife (not a mother yet) and want to kick my ass in gear with this diet. As brutal as they are, my before pictures are what keep me motivated. Posting them online makes it all the more real, so good for you for getting them up!

Stay the course and vent when you need to!

Day 5 for me (fist timer to the V-Diet, but no stranger to protein shakes…)[/quote]

Sgottsch…I’ll be watching your progress, too! I hate, hate, hate my before pics, but just like last time, I NEEDED to post them–just knowing that I was hanging out for all the world to see was my biggest motivator, too!

These were my before and afters from last year:

In all, I lost 8 pounds, and 16 inches, and about another 5 lbs during the Transition. I KNOW I can do this…I keep looking at my ‘afters’ as proof!

Heyyy…no cheating getting sick and puking all day long. You can’t count that as weight loss!! (Bet you weighed yourself…HA!!) I looked at them “old” pics and those were huge changes, better luck this time. You know it can be done, cause you’ve done it.

I finished day one yesterday and am working on getting my stats and stuff together to start my own little blog. It keeps me/you and everyone else honest.

I’ll be watching!

Feeling better today. Stayed home from work and slept all day. Got up at about 4, made a shake, and it’s staying down. Yay! I’m skipping the gym, which I know is bad, but I don’t want to overdo it. I’m going to try to get 3 shakes in before bed, but no HOT-ROX. I’ll have to rearrange the rest of my workouts for the week to stay on track. Weights on Wed & Fri, and V-Challenge on Saturday. I really like the Sun-Tues-Thurs schedule, but I’ll need to adapt.

And, surprisingly, and the barf-fest, I didn’t weigh myself! I’ve gotten so good at avoiding the scale that I don’t weigh myself everyday, and I don’t have the urge. I’ll wait until Saturday, and just deal with the results. They are what they are…

Just gonna keep rolling with the rest of the week.

I hope you are feeling better! Hang in there:)

Man seems like a lot of people are getting sick on this thing. I think the superfood has really helped my system because I feel great (other than a broken toe!) Hope your feeling better and get back to kickin @ss.

[quote]hammerhead70 wrote:
Man seems like a lot of people are getting sick on this thing. I think the superfood has really helped my system because I feel great (other than a broken toe!) Hope your feeling better and get back to kickin @ss.[/quote]

Thanks, man…how’d you break your toe???

Day 4-ish, I guess. I’m going to keep going since I got sick so early on. It’s funny…I think I got sick in the beginning of the last one, too, but headcold-type sick. Probably just coincidence. I don’t feel carb-depleted this time, like I did the last time. And I, like hammerhead, like the superfood. It was optional when I did it last time, so I skipped it.

I did only get one shake in yesterday, and I slept for about 20 hours… I do feel better today, and I’m on schedule with my shakes and supps. I plan to go to the gym tonight for Workout #2. I was completely tempted to weigh myself this morning, since I basically went a day and a half with nothing to eat. But, I figured any weight I lost wasn’t real weight, so I stayed off the scale. Saturday is around the corner–I can wait.

I’m looking forward to the W/O tonight, because I genuinely love to lift…being away from the gym for so many months, I forgot how much I like it. I’m even looking forward to the NEPA. I guess laying in bed so much made me want to get up and be active!

Glad you are feeling better. Per you post about traveling…let me know if you want any tips. I am on day 3 in a hotel (2 more to go) and so far so good. Hope you had a good workout.

Thanks Kim–I don’t think traveling will be a problem. I’m going straight to my other office, and they’re all familiar with my weirdo diet, as they call it. I have a travel blender, and shaker cups. I just need to remember to stay on schedule with my shakes and supps. If worse comes to worst, I’ll do some modified version of my workout in the gym. A co-worker told me that they have a pretty decent setup at that gym.

My workout yesterday was great. I didn’t want to go bacause it was just raining buckets, but I went, and because of the rain, the gym was nearly empty. I was able to my 2nd workout as a circuit instead of straight sets, and it whooped my ass!

Got 30 minutes of NEPA done, too, then sat in the steam room for about 10 minutes. I slept like a baby last night!

So, today is Day 5. Shakes and supps are on schedule–I’m not hungry, or craving anything. My only complaint–'cause I have to have one–is that I still can’t kick this headeache that started on Sunday night. It’s nothing serious. Just a mild annoyance.

Anyway…on I roll!

Slept like a baby? Up every two hours crying, wanting a bottle and needing your diaper changed? Ha!! You’re doing great, again. Everything planned out and in place and mentally prepped for this. That’s over half the battle. Feeling the changes? Little lighter in the step and I know you are focused. Headache? Haven’t had this issue this go roudn yet, but I do recall that in week two last time. Ahhh, week two.

The one that depresses us. Not much moves cept the tape, not the scale. But we know it and we press on right???

Have a good day and weekend!!!