Biotest

Multi-Vitamin Mineral

Looking for a good MultiVitamin/Mineral. The one I’ve been taking is pricey and looking for something
cheaper . I’ve been taking DFH Complete Multi. Any help appreciated.

Biotest doesn’t have an actual Multi.

What you can do is take Superfood ( https://Biotest.T-Nation.com/products/superfood ) and Elite Pro Minerals ( https://Biotest.T-Nation.com/products/elitepro-minerals ) and probably Flameout ( https://Biotest.T-Nation.com/products/Flameout ) if not already taking an Omega supplement.

Good luck

I try to rotate the multi I use. Some brands that I’ve used before that seem (from what I can gather) to be of high quality include Charles Poliquin’s, Solgar and Source Naturals. Poliquin’s I will only buy when it is on sale, and the other two are generally pretty reasonably priced. I am no expert at all on this topic, but from what I’ve read, most multi-vitamins out there are crap.

A good rule of thumb is to look for chelated minerals in the ingredients. If they are using oxides, it’s probably crap. The brands I mention don’t use oxides, and also have hefty dosages of vitamins and minerals (and aren’t just putting tiny amounts in to get it on the label. Anyway, would love to hear other’s thoughts about other brands that are good and not so expensive.

x2 what JFG said.

Most multi formulas are either kitchen sink-style, with a token amount of a billion ingredients, or require 15 pills to still end up giving you mismanaged ratios of particular micronutrients at the wrong time (since many minerals, in particular, can compete for absorption, lowering the general effect overall).

Food-based nutrients are totally the way to go. 2 scoops of Superfood, plus a few servings of local produce (raw and/or cooked) each day, covers my general daily bases and I plug in individual supps on an as-needed basis.

Like, I do take a Vitamin D supp because I’ve been tested as have low D. I’ll mega-dose ester-C if there’s a bug going around the house, but I don’t take C everyday because I’ve read and believe your body can acclimate to it. I take Flameout whenever I remember and I tend to remember more when my knees hurt, at which point I’ll pop them like aspirin, 4 caps every 4-6 hours, because that works for me and I feel a difference.

I take methyl-B12, methylfolate (did the 23andme genetics test), Superfood, Elitepro Minerals, Vitamin D (with added sea-iodine since I don’t eat iodized salt), Vitamin K1/K2, and vitamin E tocopherols/tocotrienols since this often comes up deficient when I log my food in cron-o-meter. The rest I get over the RDA easily, even on a caloric deficit.

+1000 for Superfood here

You can’t find NutriGreens from in the U.S., but they are a very interesting (obviously similar) product; my father’s blood tests have been incredibly good since the year he started this powder, along with reducing his statins and other anti cholesterol BS… and the only veg he eats is basically lettuce once every other weekend. Plus eating the typical wheat+sugar+bad animal fats diet. More chlorella/spirullina also if I remember well.

Will buy him Biotest when he comes to visit for a comparison

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I take methyl-B12, methylfolate (did the 23andme genetics test), Superfood, Elitepro Minerals, Vitamin D (with added sea-iodine since I don’t eat iodized salt), Vitamin K1/K2, and vitamin E tocopherols/tocotrienols since this often comes up deficient when I log my food in cron-o-meter. The rest I get over the RDA easily, even on a caloric deficit.[/quote]

What is this test you’re speaking off?

Search 23andme in Google. Ran the results and I have a MTHFR gene mutation where I have to take methylated folate instead of folic acid.