Biotest

MSE2US V-Diet Log

So I decided to give the V-Diet a shot and see how far I can drop my body fat in 6 weeks. I tried the Get Shredded diet in 2006 and went from 14% body fat to about 10% or 9% body fat which was pretty good, but at that time I didn’t have the will power to do it a full 12 weeks.

I stayed on it strict for 8 weeks but the remaining 4 weeks was not strict and I didn’t get to the mid-single diget body fat like I hoped. So with this little experiment I want to see if I can achieve similar or better results in 6 weeks as opposed to dieting for 12 weeks. If I can, then I’ll most likely stick with the V-Diet as the primary way to drop my body fat for the summer or whenever I want to get lean.

So here I go…

Waist:38
Torso: 39
Pectoral: 47
Quads: 27
Calves: 15.25
Arms: 17.5R 17.0L
Weight: 232
Shoulders:22
Neck:17

Here is a back shot

A close up of my upper body.

You have a great muscular base, you should see some awesome results in the 6 weeks. Best of luck to you man.

[quote]Falco1 wrote:
You have a great muscular base, you should see some awesome results in the 6 weeks. Best of luck to you man.[/quote]

I concur. Good luck!

Thanks, Falco1 and MeinHerzBrennt!

The first day of the diet is about what I expected - I was hungry most of the day. The hunger pangs that came during the first 3 shakes weren’t too bad but between shakes 3 and 4 and 4 and 5 were pretty bad. I found myself looking at the clock every couple of minutes wishing it would be time for the next shake. But again, I expected this so it wasn’t more than I could handle. I had a hard time sleeping this past night and I’m not sure if it was the HOT-ROX or the start of the diet. I started taking HOT-ROX on Saturday but did not have any issue sleeping that night so hopefully this past night won’t be the norm.

Today will be my first V-Diet workout I’ll post how it went later today.

[quote]mse2us wrote:

The first day of the diet is about what I expected - I was hungry most of the day. The hunger pangs that came during the first 3 shakes weren’t too bad but between shakes 3 and 4 and 4 and 5 were pretty bad. I found myself looking at the clock every couple of minutes wishing it would be time for the next shake. But again, I expected this so it wasn’t more than I could handle. I had a hard time sleeping this past night and I’m not sure if it was the HOT-ROX or the start of the diet. I started taking HOT-ROX on Saturday but did not have any issue sleeping that night so hopefully this past night won’t be the norm.

Today will be my first V-Diet workout I’ll post how it went later today.[/quote]

What I find very helpful is during my last meal of the day consisting of Metabolic Drive, flax and PB, I mix it all together with very little water to make a thick paste/pudding. I know it is pretty much the same or less volume, but eating it with a spoon and kinda chewing a little bit, really satisfies me more than the shake does and it helps alot. Give that a try a couple times.

[quote]Falco1 wrote:

What I find very helpful is during my last meal of the day consisting of Metabolic Drive, flax and PB, I mix it all together with very little water to make a thick paste/pudding. I know it is pretty much the same or less volume, but eating it with a spoon and kinda chewing a little bit, really satisfies me more than the shake does and it helps alot. Give that a try a couple times.

[/quote]

Yeah I thought about trying that. Usually I would make a similiar mixture consisting of a serving of natural PB, 1 TBS of Olive Oil, 1/2 cup of lowfat Ricotta cheese and a scoop of chocolate Metabolic Drive. Start off with 2 TBS of cold water and add more or less depending on desired consistency. Delicious! It’s a different spin on the Peanut Butter Cup that Chris Shugart mentioned a while back. But since I’m on this diet I think I will just make it with the chocolate Metabolic Drive and PB.

[quote]mse2us wrote:

Today will be my first V-Diet workout I’ll post how it went later today.[/quote]

So my first workout while on the V-Diet was a little disappointing. Someone stole the dipping belt at my gym so I had to either hold a dumbbell between my feet or rig a weightlifting belt to hold weight. Either way I couldn’t use maximum weight for chins or dips which sucked. I was able to use heavy weight for the DL though.

I decided to do DL instead of overhead squats today because I just couldn’t get the proper form for the overhead squat. I should have been practicing that lift during the past weeks leading up to this diet but I forgot. I have a bar at home and I’m going to practice over the next week so hopefully my form will be on for next Monday.

Since I couldn’t use max weight for chins and dips I ended up doing 9 complexes instead of 7 and since I had trouble rigging the weightlifting belt to hold the weight or dropping the DB between my feet the rest period before chins or dips was longer than 30 seconds. So basically today’s workout was not as hard as I hoped it would be. I had plenty of gas in the tank when I was finished. I ordered a dipping belt and I should have it before next Monday. For my NEPA I’m going to walk about 3/4 of a mile which will be all uphill. It takes me about 15 minutes and when I’m at the top I’m huffing and puffing.

So that’s it for me today. I won’t be able to respond if anyone has any questions because I don’t have internet access at home. Until tomorrow…Peace out!

As others have said, great muscle base under there. You could easily get some Gus-like results, maybe even better.

I shall never cease to be in awe of those pix. Inspiring

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
As others have said, great muscle base under there. You could easily get some Gus-like results, maybe even better. [/quote]

Thanks Chris! I hope I do.

The second day of the diet was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I don’t know if it was the addition of the Surge but my hunger pangs weren’t nearly as bad as the first day. I still had trouble sleeping though. I’m thinking about taking Z-12 but I’m not sure because I’m trying to keep the cost of this diet to a minimum.

I had trouble sleepin the first several days. Ever since, sleepin like a zombie (not takin ZMA or Z-12.) Except when my 17th month old wakes up at 3am cryin. Damn.

MR

[quote]MitchorRuby wrote:
I had trouble sleepin the first several days. Ever since, sleepin like a zombie (not takin ZMA or Z-12.) Except when my 17th month old wakes up at 3am cryin. Damn.

MR[/quote]

I’ve been there with the little one waking up in the middle of the night. I don’t think ZMA or Z-12 would help with that.

The gus shots, are those before/after from 28 days of the diet, or from the entire Clinic? either way very impressive, just seems like too much progress for only doing the V-Diet for 28 days.
seems misleading, unless I’m misunderstanding

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
The gus shots, are those before/after from 28 days of the diet, or from the entire Clinic? either way very impressive, just seems like too much progress for only doing the V-Diet for 28 days.
seems misleading, unless I’m misunderstanding[/quote]

The pics are from the entire clinic…V-Diet to end of Next Level Training. I dropped from around 210 to 186 lbs on the actual V-Diet program. Just to clear up any confusion.

Those taste changes I acquired on the V-Diet was a huge key factor with me and the NLT diet program which refined my physique. I don’t care what anyone says, those taste changes on the V-Diet worked for me and I’m glad.

MSE2US, you are going to look fantastic after the V-Diet with the amount of muscle you have. I’m looking forward to your end pics. Train hard and stay strict Bro!

I wanted to reitterate what people have already said. With a solid base you’re going to have some Gus-like results. Good luck man.

I’ll be watching your thread closely as we have very similar body types.

Good luck bro, stay on the straight and narrow.

BD

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
seems misleading, unless I’m misunderstanding[/quote]

Come on fitness. Chris isn’t trying to be misleading by saying I can achieve similar results, he’s trying to be encouraging. I’m new to posting on the forums but I’ve been reading them since I’ve been a member and it’s amazing how cynical people are towards the coaches and other members. I mean, do you expect them to put a disclaimer after every statement they make so they won’t have to defend their every word. Everyone who is serious about doing the v-diet has read through Gus’s PC and know’s what he did and how long it took. Chris is just saying I can achieve similar results. He didn’t use the words “in 28 days.”

Anyway…The third day was pretty good. The best part of the diet so far is the simplicity. I kind of dreaded making my food at night for the next day and then putting the food in bowls and bags in the morning before work. With this diet I can go to bed earlier and wake up later. It’s going to be hard to go back to my old routine once I’m finished with the diet.

I had the worst night of sleeping this past night. I went to bed at 11:30 pm, woke up at 2:30 am and didn’t fall back to sleep until 5:30 am. I then had to get up at 6:45 am. I’m so tired I’m not sure if I can do the workout today. I’ve read that dieting can affect your sleep but I didn’t think it would affect it so soon. I’ve taken HOT-ROX in the past and I don’t remember it affecting my sleep this much. So I don’t know if it is the HOT-ROX, the diet or if I’m just going through a bout of Insomnia. In 2006 I had a severe case of insomnia that lasted about 5 months. It was the worst thing I’ve ever went through so anytime I have trouble sleeping I start to worrying if I’m going to go through another period of insomnia. I’ll most likely get Z-12 and hopefully if I’m still having trouble sleeping when it arrives it will help.

The Z-12 helps me a lot. It’s instant dream time.

I’m actually pretty impressed with it after being sceptical at first. No groggy feeling afterward either.

What time of day do you take HOT-ROX. I’ve read that some people can’t take them late in the day.

I’ve also read that what seems to be the best is to take two upon waking then the other 2, 5 hrs later to ensure that you have plenty of time for it to die down before bed.

[quote]BackDay wrote:
The Z-12 helps me a lot. It’s instant dream time.

I’m actually pretty impressed with it after being sceptical at first. No groggy feeling afterward either.

What time of day do you take HOT-ROX. I’ve read that some people can’t take them late in the day.

I’ve also read that what seems to be the best is to take two upon waking then the other 2, 5 hrs later to ensure that you have plenty of time for it to die down before bed.[/quote]

I take it upon waking between 6:45 am and 7:30 am. I then take it 6 hours later. Yeah, I think I’m going to give
Z-12 a shot.