Biotest

Motivational Words For V-Dieters

I’ve always been motivated by a good quotation, and several helped me to develop the Velocity Diet and get through it. Here’s three good ones:

[b]“Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” General George Patton

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.” Arnold H. Glasgow

“We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.” Edward Gibbon[/b]

Got any of your own favorites that can motivate you to stay on target during the V-Diet?

-That which does not kill us makes us stronger-

Nietzsche

edit/ For extra motivation check out the pic of Ms. Eason in Thibs new post.

Holy shit she is amazing

I’ll geek out for a minute here:

“There is no try. Do, or do not.” - Yoda

"If you don’t feel like shit, you’re not doing it right"
Charles Poliquin

“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.”
-Nietzsche

I am not on the V-Diet yet but here are 2 that I like.

“Enjoy the man you are instead of lamenting over the one you aren’t…now get back under the barbell”

“Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition”

I have no idea who said this, and it’s somewhat a combination of humorous and motivational, but humor is good on the V-Diet:

“Be the person your dog thinks you are.”

We must become the change we want to see. - Mahatma Gandhi

Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it. - Winston Churchill, Sir

Gods coming back … Look Busy. - ???

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll still land among the stars.

Start wide, expand further, and never look back. - Arnold No-last-name-required

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people. -Isaac Newton

Bodybuilding isn’t 90 minutes in the gym… Its a lifestyle.- Lee Priest.

I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice. - Albert Einstein

and my personal favorite…

Two roads diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

“suck it up fatso” - my wife during my second week of the V-Diet

With all the people talking about how they’re going to eventually do it, I’ll add

“Put off tomorrow what you can do today.”

Do the damn thing, it wasn’t all that hard, and my wife is very, very, very happy with the results.

Stage 4 is waiting. - CS

Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.

Pain is weakness leaving the body!

The dictionary is the only place success comes before work. - Vince Lombardi

You miss one workout, you know it. You miss 2 workouts, your teammates know it. More than that, your opponents know it! - unknown

I think this one is particularly fitting for V-dieters.

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don’t Matter and Those Who Matter Don’t Mind.” - Dr. Seuss

“Good things come to those who wait, but only what’s left over by those who hustle.”

-Abraham F’ing Lincoln

-dizzle

Here are two by Lance Armstrong:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

When I was sick, I didn’t want to die. When I race I don’t want to lose. Dying and losing, it’s the same thing.

Warning Suck-up Alert

There hasn’t been a day that goes by since I have started the V-Diet back up (day 10) that I haven’t read “The Step Construct” by Chris Shugart.

So my quote is obviously: “How many steps did you take forward today? How many steps did you take backward? They add up.”

It isn’t as poetic as Doc Suess or as deep as Yoda, but it has been getting me through that next shake.

O

“[Do not] assume it is impossible because you find it hard. Recognise that if it’s humanly possible then you can do it too.”

• Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor

“Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated”

• quote from someone I read that stuck