Biotest

Mothballs V-Diet

Hello all, I am starting the V-Diet beginning Monday 25th May. I will post full details and stats next weekend but until then I have 2 questions to help me prepare. Any help greatly appreciated!

-I have managed to track down all the Biotest supplements here in the UK except for Leucine. Shipping supplements from the US is not something I will ever be doing again (dont ask!) so I have two options. Either to buy powdered Leucine here which has very bad reviews on taste and mixability. Or to buy Biotest BCAAS. What is recommended?

-I have done a couple of liquid fasts in the past and my biggest problem has not been hunger but lack of chewing. For some reason, I have an intense desre to chew and it makes me climb the wall when I cant. Is chewing whole flaxseeds instead of using ground ones acceptable? Is there any chewing gum I could use? Or anything else calorie-less anyone can think of that I can chew on??

Thanks in advance!

[quote]Mothball wrote:
Hello all, I am starting the V-Diet beginning Monday 25th May. I will post full details and stats next weekend but until then I have 2 questions to help me prepare. Any help greatly appreciated!

-I have managed to track down all the Biotest supplements here in the UK except for Leucine. Shipping supplements from the US is not something I will ever be doing again (dont ask!) so I have two options. Either to buy powdered Leucine here which has very bad reviews on taste and mixability. Or to buy Biotest BCAAS. What is recommended?

-I have done a couple of liquid fasts in the past and my biggest problem has not been hunger but lack of chewing. For some reason, I have an intense desre to chew and it makes me climb the wall when I cant. Is chewing whole flaxseeds instead of using ground ones acceptable? Is there any chewing gum I could use? Or anything else calorie-less anyone can think of that I can chew on??

Thanks in advance![/quote]

1. Either would be fine. I’d suggest 12 BCAA tablets per day if you go that route, divided into 4 servings spread evenly. If you go with powdered Leucine and can’t get Biotest, make sure your product is pure and non-caloric with no extra stuff added.

2. First, why not just kill the habit by going cold turkey for over 21 days? No, don’t chew flax seeds, but a piece of gum or two per day (sugar-free) is okay.

[quote]Mothball wrote:

[/quote]
Hey, I live in the UK too. You can get leucine from workout world. I don’t know the url but if you put it into google and select ‘pages from the uk’ it should come up. They are pretty quick on delivery too.

Thanks for the replies, I already ordered some BCAAs now so ill stick with them.

So heres some details and a plan.

I’m 28, from Manchester, UK. In February went through a truly horrific personal experience and was almost suicidal. Lost all control of eating and ballooned up to 83kg. My weight usually stays between 77 and 80kg so this was bad. I have only recently got my head together and now I have my wedding coming up on 19th July.

I’m looking to drastically sort myself out in this short space of time, and this diet is exactly what I need. Hoping to get down to at least 77kg and preferably 75kg- although as I haven’t done any strength training for 3 months, I will probably add a fair bit of muscle. Wedding is exactly 8 weeks from 25/5 to 18/7. Here’s my daily plan:

9am- Protein x 2/Flax/Superfood x 2/BCAA x 3/Flameout/Pshyllium Husks

10.30am- Workout M/W/F/Sat. Followed by Surge

12pm- Px2/BCAAx3/Flameout

1pm- NEPA Walk, one hour if possible

3pm- Px2/Flameout

6pm- Px2/Flax/Superfood x 2/BCAA x 3/Flameout/Pshyllium Husks

7pm- Short walk

9pm- Px2/BCAAx3/Almond Butter/Flameout

Will also be taking thermopure as fat loss aid (HOT-ROX makes me feel like Im going to have a brain haemhorrage). Before exercise on training days, split up throught the day on the other days.
Have added ZMA to help me sleep and may get some Z12 as well.

Will post measurements on Sunday just before I start. This is what I’ll be tracking:

Weight
BF%
Circumference Measurements
Resting HR
Max Push Up Test
Max 16kg Snatch Test
Pictures