Biotest

Most Up-to-Date V-Diet?

I’ve been spending hours following links and reading threads and I’m wondering if there’s one concise explanation of the updated diet. It has evolved quite a bit over time- there’s a lot of conflicting information.

Like just from here: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_diet_mass/the_velocity_diet

to here: http://www.T-Nation.com/readPhysClin.do?id=1852678&pageNo=1

I don’t know if I’m supposed to be using peanut butter or salmon caps. I don’t know if my solid meal should be meat/carbs/veggies or oatmeal/blueberries. I don’t know what kind of flax seed to use. And I don’t know when to eat each of these things.

Is there someplace that just lays out the most updated diet? It would not take long to post if you know it- no explanations are needed- just the schedules/ingredients. I can handle doing the math to adjusting it to my weight myself (I’m 165 pounds).

Why isn’t this showing up in the list of topics.

Use the Start Here thread:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/velocity_diet_hq

Wait, 165 pounds? You sure you need this diet?

Yes… the start here thread just links to the oldest diet (which I included in my post)…

Also that thread doesn’t really explain it all. Like for example on the first page you say you’ll explain how much flax seed to use, but never get around to it.

All I need is the ingredients, ratios, and timing. I’ve heard good things about this diet but it’s so damn hard finding information about it I’m about to give up. Even planning and shopping for the anabolic diet takes less time.

I more concise info package is coming in the future.

All I can tell you now is that hundreds of people are already doing the diet, so while the info is spread out and definitely needs pulled together, it is doable right now.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I more concise info package is coming in the future.

All I can tell you now is that hundreds of people are already doing the diet, so while the info is spread out and definitely needs pulled together, it is doable right now. [/quote]

the future, eh? i’m hoping that’ll be around spring break 2009 if not before, that’d be helpful for me. but that’s good to know to look out for more stuff coming up.

[quote]Greyling wrote:

I don’t know if I’m supposed to be using peanut butter or salmon caps. I don’t know if my solid meal should be meat/carbs/veggies or oatmeal/blueberries. I don’t know what kind of flax seed to use. And I don’t know when to eat each of these things.

[/quote]

Just to sum up what I’ve read during the years. The fish oil was used originally because Flameout wasn’t out yet. I think it was 20-30 grams/day. Now with Flameout being approx. 8 grams, you can add peanut butter (1TBS) to ONE shake for satiety/good fats. The oatmeal/blueberries was Chris’ original plan. After the first week he went to a solid, heathy, meal (HSM for short) to have a “normal” meal with his family. So by all means have either oatmeal or a HSM. As for flax, buy a bag of milled flax seed and use 2 TBS in each of 2 shakes. When to eat is up to you but obviously every 2-3 hours. You end up having 2 shakes with flax, 2 with Flameout, one normal and one with peanut butter (if you want it). Rotate them anyway you see fit.

Hope that helps.